Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allyuh give me some ideas

Kiz
    Credits

Allyuh give me some ideas

My kids who have been away for almost 2 years are coming back home next month. I need some ideas on how to help them adjust to life in America. They are accustomed to running wild in the yard and going up in de back and running here and dere like they please

My cousin sent for her son in March and had to send him back to Trinidad in May because he cried alot..........he wanted to run outside bareback wid no shoes whenever he liked, run by the neighbor in and out, in and out. The freedom that he had in Trinidad ended when he came here and the little boy was miserable and unhappy.

I just doh want the two of dem to be like that when they come up. What do you suggest?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    My kids who have been away for almost 2 years are coming back home next month. I need some ideas on how to help them adjust to life in America. They are accustomed to running wild in the yard and going up in de back and running here and dere like they please

My cousin sent for her son in March and had to send him back to Trinidad in May because he cried alot..........he wanted to run outside bareback wid no shoes whenever he liked, run by the neighbor in and out, in and out. The freedom that he had in Trinidad ended when he came here and the little boy was miserable and unhappy.

I just doh want the two of dem to be like that when they come up. What do you suggest?
    you should let them come up in the winter... that way when they run out they will run back in
    GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Credits

Kiz ya serious?

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by carib_xtc
    you should let them come up in the winter... that way when they run out they will run back in

that will be worst. coop up in the house all the time...they will beg me to send dem back home

Credits
    Trinikiz, i still in shock dat you have kids. how old are they?

Credits
    that will be worst. coop up in the house all the time...they will beg me to send dem back home
    I dont think you will have much to worry about. it's two of them so they can keep eachother company.. Ithink after awhile they will get the picture and see that its diffrent

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougla Ting
    will be 4 and 6 this year

Credits
    will be 4 and 6 this year
    do you live in a house with a yard that they can run around in?

move down to miami or ft lauderdale, its just like trinidad...they'll adjust perfectly. ft lauderdale expecially does remind me a lot of trinidad.

Dragon
    Its hard my kids was in Trinidad for awhile . I am sending them next week for the summer .. Freedom

Pebbles362436

My suggestion would be to put them in a good summer camp program so they get use to structure and a schedule. Normally by the time they get home they just want to pass out after running around all day. Plus they take them on various field trips.

Kiz
    Credits
    do you live in a house with a yard that they can run around in?

no! but ah have ah balcony doh but seriously the complex that ah living in is very kid friendly and there is a park and pool here for them but I ent tink that gonna be enough

I have been buying games and stuff for all of us to play in the house. I know the older one loves tv so I bought him ah bunch of educational game to play on the tv and computer but I ent know what else to try.

Maybe I juss being paranoid yes

Credits
    13 and 10 and she 26

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436
    My suggestion would be to put them in a good summer camp program so they get use to structure and a schedule. Normally by the time they get home they just want to pass out after running around all day. Plus they take them on various field trips.
    This is a good suggestion. Or maybe if you have the chance take them out site seeing or to parks where they can run wild

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436

sounds like ah good idea

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr. Gong
    13 and 10 and she 26
    Steups!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast