Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All You M'F*ckin' HATERS!!!

MJ7
    Credits

Talking All You M'F*ckin' HATERS!!!

Ha! Ha!

Good Morning...
    Get your copy!!! A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman is now available at: https://www.createspace.com/3739335 and Amazon.com. Come check out my blog: The Uppity Sistah! at: http://theuppitysistah.blogspot.com/

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Here I am thinking you post ah naked pic of yourself

Pebbles362436
    Aye gyal morning. Don't feed into it.

MJ7
    Credits

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Here I am thinking you post ah naked pic of yourself
    Me?

Uh-uh...

LOL
    Get your copy!!! A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman is now available at: https://www.createspace.com/3739335 and Amazon.com. Come check out my blog: The Uppity Sistah! at: http://theuppitysistah.blogspot.com/

MJ7
    Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436 View Post
    Aye gyal morning. Don't feed into it.
    Mownin', Ms. Pebbles...how you, chile?

Pebbles362436
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
    Mownin', Ms. Pebbles...how you, chile?
    I'm good babe. I recconected with one of my HS bestie last night. She is like my other half and we spent 4hours on the phone collaborating on upcoming projects. I got off the phone really excited to also add her to my staff. How are you doing?

MJ7
    Credits

Cool

I'm good babe. I recconected with one of my HS bestie last night. She is like my other half and we spent 4hours on the phone collaborating on upcoming projects. I got off the phone really excited to also add her to my staff. How are you doing?
    I'm doing good. Shaking and baking, girl.

Today, I'm working on the cover to my second book. I changed the title...and now I'm stuck--trying to find the right image for the it.

It's set in Chicago...I posted it for everyone to see...

MJ7
    Credits

Smile Here's the cove preview of my second book...

Here's the Preview of my upcoming book--due out in the spring of 2013!!!

Pebbles362436
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
    I'm doing good. Shaking and baking, girl.

Today, I'm working on the cover to my second book. I changed the title...and now I'm stuck--trying to find the right image for the it.

It's set in Chicago...I posted it for everyone to see...
    Hmm then maybe come back to it after you see what direction the book is taking you. This same gf I recconected with is great with this type of stuff. She teaches writting workshops and is able to get her students creative minds going. I'll send you her info. I think you will like her. She able to get tones of grant monies from Yale etc. I was cracking up laughing and was like now this is why you're my girl. We think just a like that it can be scary sometimes.lol The image you posted is not poping up for me tho.

Credits
    So now we know who's behind the angry black woman of the board (well, the protegee, we have the prototype on here already)...

And it seems like at least you're keeping it real because according to the sole Amazon review, you give off the exact same vibe in your book as you do on the board!

1 of 6 people found the following review helpful
    She is filled with hate, June 21, 2012
    By Kris
    This review is from: A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman: In Search Of Black Men Who Live With Purpose (Paperback)
    I am so glad this book was not bought by me. Instead a friend found it in Strand bookstore, read it and I happened to pick it up at her house.

It was an AWFUL read. This woman is filled with hate and you can just TELL she does not like herself very much.

I'm shocked this even made it to being published.
    Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
    Was this review helpful to you?
    Report abuse | Permalink

Comments
    Track comments by e-mail
    Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
    Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
    Initial post: Jul 19, 2012 12:19:15 PM PDT
    Robert P. Beveridge says:
    >I'm shocked this even made it to being published.

CreateSpace is Amazon's self-publishing arm. There is no editorial process--you write, you upload, it's published.
    Reply to this post
    Permalink | Report abuse | Ignore this customer
    Do you think this post adds to the discussion?
    In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 9:38:12 AM PDT
    [Deleted by the author on Jul 22, 2012 9:40:20 AM PDT]
    In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 9:40:06 AM PDT
    Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2012 1:32:57 PM PDT
    Sonya Bell says:
    To Robert P. Beveridge: This is not a personal attack against you--it's just a response to an "attitude" that I feel was present in Kris' response.

This book was carefully edited, thank you. Also, it was carefully reviewed by readers before being published. The response was extremely positive, so you'll have to forgive me in my assessment that Kris had and ulterior motive when he/she gave this review.

I'd also assert: that for anyone that would like to challenge this book, please help me understand categorically what he/she objected to.

Just based on the blanket response, intuitively, I'm beginning to gather that Kris is yet another Caucasian who stuck his/her nose into something that he is neither culturally, mentally or socially qualified to review without prejudice. This book was not meant to be for white folks who have Black friends/partners; who now think they have the authority to understand what it means to be Black in America.

For anyone that read the book, I'd love for them to tell me how in the world a book directed to Black men as a book of empowerment is hateful. If you're not African American and read this book; obviously your life experiences in and of itself, separates you from the core message of the book.

Now let me give some advice to white folks who love to interject the "racist" tag on Black people when Black folks are just expressing true life events and issues that are impacting them personally as well as culturally: First, Black people are not racist when they are expressing their anger or frustration--they are reactionary.

No one has the right to tell me or anyone else what is right or wrong regarding my experiences, perceptions and observations. On a daily basis, white folks seem to feel they have the right to express themselves on just about any topic; and the temerity to tell others what to do, but when the script is flipped: there is OBJECTION. Why? It's called White Privilege. This is the VIP card to mainstream America and "their reality." Irregardless of how others feel. How dare anyone challenge their worldview. It's all part of the "members only" package included in White Supremacy.

Many Black people are tired of white folk's unsolicited opinions. We don't care if you get offended--we're offended every single day when we go grocery shopping, to the mall, the gas station, or just hanging out at the park. It seems that white folks are ready and waiting to interject their ignorance or bigotry.

And my personal pet peeve: white folks listening and watching Black folks talk amongst themselves--and arrogantly having the nerve to express an opinion when no one was talking to them. This in a nutshell is the way it is...like it or lump it. This issues needs to be discussed. And if there is anyone who has been insulted--I'm delighted. Sometimes, you have to get a dose of your own medicine so you can understand how hard it is to swallow.

*I will not apologize for this book's content in order to make others more comfortable.
    Reply to this post
    1 of 1 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?
    Posted on Jul 22, 2012 11:43:28 AM PDT
    Sonya Bell says:
    As the author of this book, sweety, I am responding to you.

I'd like to know as to why a white man/woman feels the need to read a book entitled: A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman: In Search of Black Men Who Live With Purpose? This book is based on real life experiences and is a social commentary book about issues that have impacted and continue to impact Black men. You said it was hateful? Really? Just what categorically was hateful about it? What unnerved you so?

Obviously you read something that you couldn't relate to and arrogantly summized because of that; this book did not deserve to be read by the public.

But please, I invite you to categorically state exactly what you felt was hate-filled about it?

And I would like to extend a personal thank you for helping this book to sell even more...

Respectfully,

Sonya Lavette Bell
    Reply to this post

FYI I am thinking the author responding to criticism of the book with all that above would make the book look worse than just one person's opinion.

Also, I assume you had family members and friends read the book before you published it...have them post their own thoughts on the book. If they decline or say they will do it but never get around to it...you might want to take Kris's unbiased response seriously.

Last, thanks for introducing me to this createspace thing. Not planning on writing with it anytime soon but it's good to know it's there! Can't say having you on the board has been of NO use now...
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

MJ7
    Credits

Cool

Hmm then maybe come back to it after you see what direction the book taking you. This same gf I recconected with is great with this type of stuff. She teaches writting workshops and is able to get her students creative minds going. I'll send you her info. I think you will like her. She able to get tones of grant monies from Yale etc. I was cracking up laughing and was like now this is why you're my girl. We think just a like that it can be scary sometimes.lol The image you posted is not poping up for me tho.
    It posted at first, but here's my fb page--I posted it on there too.

https://www.facebook.com/SLB7866

Pebbles362436
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    So now we know who's behind the angry black woman of the board (well, the protegee, we have the prototype on here already)...

And it seems like at least you're keeping it real because according to the sole Amazon review, you give off the exact same vibe in your book as you do on the board!

By Kris
    This review is from: A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman: In Search Of Black Men Who Live With Purpose (Paperback)
    I am so glad this book was not bought by me. Instead a friend found it in Strand bookstore, read it and I happened to pick it up at her house.

It was an AWFUL read. This woman is filled with hate and you can just TELL she does not like herself very much.

Report abuse | Permalink

FYI
    1. I am thinking the author responding to criticism of the book with all that above would make the book look worse than just one person's opinion.

Also, I assume you had family members and friends read the book before you published it...have them post their own thoughts on the book. If they decline or say they will do it but never get around to it...you might want to take Kris's unbiased response seriously.

Last, thanks for introducing me to this createspace thing. Not planning on writing with it anytime soon but it's good to know it's there! Can't say having you on the board has been of NO use now...
    Brownilus you been on forums/internet long enough to see battles btw the sexes on certain "hot topics" So when people are honest about situations they may experiences dating others may take it personal and quick to place labels on some people if they willing to step out of the norm/comfort zone.

MJ7
    Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post

By Kris

Report abuse | Permalink

FYI I am thinking the author responding to criticism of the book with all that above would make the book look worse than just one person's opinion.

No, I don't have to take Kris' opinion for anything more than one from a woman who got her feelings hurt because the book wasn't ABOUT HER.

How in the world can a book written to empower young Black men be filled with Hate? It's not. It's well written and thought out.

Many of my coworkers have the book and family members. Every single person that has read the book has complimented me on it--some were blown away.

I've never had the review taken down, but I responded to Kris because I want her to know that ignorance and attitude are dangerous combinations and it would serve her the next time that she reads something she can't relate to; to at least consider that there are folks who have different experiences in life and are incapable of expressing them quite acutely.

At least I accomplished what many only think about doing...and I'm humble and grateful for every sale of my book.

Credits
    I concur with the poster...... Endless haters on here.

Credits
    OP, how do you know Kris is "white"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast