Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: All The Imix folks working on Wall St.

Credits

All The Imix folks working on Wall St.

Tell is what you do there, how you got there, and what we should be buying right now !

Credits
    Masta got SEC ah watch Wi so Wi can't talk

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinifrombx View Post
    Tell is what you do there, how you got there, and what we should be buying right now !
    sleep with the boss

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahpikne View Post

yeah, what he said!

Credits
    As a former wall streeter:
    How I got there: Put resume on Monster/ hot jobs etc.recruiter contacts you. Prepare & Practice answering questions that might be asked, be polished & thoroughly prepared & confident for interview. Make eye contact & seem genuinely friendly and eager to get the job done. Pay attention to details: Error free professional resume,do research on company,firm handshake, show energy, always ask for interviewers card, ensure your breath is clean & there's nothing distracting on your face, not too much make up or perfume or any. Don't overdo with accessories or hairstyle. Where professional suit that is ironed. Act and dress like you should be there. Send follow up thank you email/letter/fax to all who interviewed you, possibly mention something you discussed in interview.

job: Cash Mg't. Analyst
    What to buy(not professional advice) I would put my money in a high interest savings acct. InG/ Orange savings acct, unless you don't mind risk then put in a money market acct or invest in real estate stocks.
    Last edited by Chillybebee; 11-24-2006 at 02:08 PM.
    Blessed

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillybebee View Post
    How I got there: Put resume on Monster/ hot jobs etc.recruiter contacts you. Prepare & Practice answering questions that might be asked, be polished & thoroughly prepared & confident for interview. Make eye contact & seem genuinely friendly and eager to get the job done.
    What to buy:Put your money in a high interest savings acct. InG/ Orange savings acct, unless you don't mind risk then put in a money market acct or invest in real estate stocks.
    right about that the place I at now the Real Estate Mutual funds have been doing great.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillybebee View Post
    How I got there: Put resume on Monster/ hot jobs etc.recruiter contacts you. Prepare & Practice answering questions that might be asked, be polished & thoroughly prepared & confident for interview. Make eye contact & seem genuinely friendly and eager to get the job done. Pay attention to details: Error free professional resume,firm handshake, show energy, always ask for interviewers card, ensure your breath is clean & there's nothing distracting on your face, not too much make up or perfume or any. Don't overdo with accessories or hairstyle. Where professional suit that is ironed. Act and dress like you should be there. Send follow up thank you email/letter/fax to all who interviewed you, possibly mention something you discussed in interview.

What to buy(not professional advice) I would put my money in a high interest savings acct. InG/ Orange savings acct, unless you don't mind risk then put in a money market acct or invest in real estate stocks.

Very helpful info, so what do you do now, if you are not in the industry anymore and why you left ?

LOL, like always you is of no help.

Credits
    If you aren't able to be a real estate investor (buy property& rent or sell) go after the real estate stocks or just save your money. Every black person interested in wealth should subscribe to or borrow from the library Black Enterprise Magazine or go to Barnes & Nobles, sit and read it & then put back on the shelf. You have to economize however you can. :P

right about that the place I at now the Real Estate Mutual funds have been doing great.
    Blessed

Credits
    Glad it was helpful. I left to obtain a professional degree

Very helpful info, so what do you do now, if you are not in the industry anymore and why you left ?
    Blessed

Credits

LOL, like always you is of no help.
    Trust me not that I don't want to be but that's one of the first things they warn us is not to discuss stocks on the internet

Credits
    Trust me not that I don't want to be but that's one of the first things they warn us is not to discuss stocks on the internet
    Man you making me laugh, no problem, I was talking about what you need to get into the industry and what you did, etc. but, don't worry about it.

Credits
    Man you making me laugh, no problem, I was talking about what you need to get into the industry and what you did, etc. but, don't worry about it.
    My friend was working at TD Waterhouse and he submitted my resume and I started off in Customer service and they sponsored me for my 7 & 63 . Use to be that person you call up on the phone and get now in legal side of business checking number etc

Credits
    you ever see the movie boiler room?....well thats how i got started. i was fresh outta college. I got an entry level job at a small investment banking firm where i used to pitch stocks and try to open accounts for 200 bucks a week. I had to be at work at 7am and stay till sometimes as late as 9pm. When i passed my series 7 i got bumped up to 300 bucks a week. After a year of very little success i moved to TD waterhouse where i really LEARNED about the stock market. I learned everything about trading from margin to advanced option strategies. right now if you would be doing some research to find out what stocks havent participated in this recent rally. When you find the stocks that only had a modest increase your next step is to find out when their earnings will be coming out. With this info you will be ready to make your move. make your investment 1.5 months before the earnings come out. If there is a pop in the stock before earnings then sell, if not, then buy more.

Credits
    ah tink yuh wukkin with SEC yuh come in here blatantly wanting ppl to be involved in Insider Trading

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    you ever see the movie boiler room?....well thats how i got started. i was fresh outta college. I got an entry level job at a small investment banking firm where i used to pitch stocks and try to open accounts for 200 bucks a week. I had to be at work at 7am and stay till sometimes as late as 9pm. When i passed my series 7 i got bumped up to 300 bucks a week. After a year of very little success i moved to TD waterhouse where i really LEARNED about the stock market. I learned everything about trading from margin to advanced option strategies. right now if you would be doing some research to find out what stocks havent participated in this recent rally. When you find the stocks that only had a modest increase your next step is to find out when their earnings will be coming out. With this info you will be ready to make your move. make your investment 1.5 months before the earnings come out. If there is a pop in the stock before earnings then sell, if not, then buy more.

Sound like my story...

Quote Originally Posted by sTrOkEr View Post
    ah tink yuh wukkin with SEC yuh come in here blatantly wanting ppl to be involved in Insider Trading

LOL

Well, I am going to keep it real for you...to be a " shot Caller " on Wall St., you more or less need to take whatever experience that you have and whatever affirmative programs you can find, such as cities that by law have to have like maybe 20% minority firms in the syndicate offerings of a Revenue Bond deal or municipal deal., etc...and run and start you own firm, such as Fletcher Asset Manag, Brown Capital Mang., Blaylock, MR Beal, Ariel Capital Mang, Williams Group...by far, the most successful so far, this is the best way for a minority to call the shots.... .

The Larger firms, such as Bear, Merrill Lynch, Goldman, etc....they have it on " lock. " Just take a look at CNBC, Bloomberg, or the local news when they show a view of the trading floor, it is all white, lilly white, don't get it twisted, it is set up like that !

Another way, by far, very difficult...is coming out of a top business school such as U Penn, Brown, Harvard, etc... basically your ticket is written for you if you are bright enough, but, most of these ppl see the big picture and start their own firms or they are a total sellout and out of touch with the struggle.

for a more detailed info, check Black Enterprise, October 2006 edition, " 75 Most Powerful Blacks On Wall St. " this magazine is a must read, if you are in " The Hope Game " once you read it, you realize that a lot of Blacks are doing their thing and are very successful .

I got into the " legal racket " same way Ras Apache got started...., DH Blair...same operation like Boiler Room, by the time I was 24, I was living in the city at 86 st and York, living the life.....to make a long story short... indictments came down at DH Blair, so I had to get out of that racket...from there, took my 7 & 63 and went on to corporate actions, to where i am right now " Lending stocks " for short sellers. ....In the evenings I trade currencies, or i spectulate....its a 24 hour market.... i give myself another 5-7 years in this racket, before I do my own shit in currencies..

Note, don't get it twisted, If you are in sales, they'll let you in the club as long as you are a " closer. " Once you are making money for them, they look the other way !

Trading, that is a Equity Trader, Bond Trader or a Currency Trader.....put it like this, if you are Irish, Italian, you are invited to the club, schooling is not an issue here, all about connections, 90% of trading jobs aren't posted....so they have a way to weed you out already ! By far, this is where the real players are and the real money...

Investment Bankers- All Ivy League or control by the Jewish ppl....again unless you start your own Hedge Fund or Firm....almost impossible to get in, but from the above article, you have some brothers out there making it happen...mostly corporate lawyers, who are bright and turn to deal makers.....sharp as shit ! Your Reginald Lewis of the world. BY FAR THE BEST DEAL ON THE STREET IS TO BE A DEAL MAKER !

Middle office and Back Office, where you find 95 % of minorities on Wall St. doing all the work, lol, underpaid, bs bonuses, endless appraisals, just a lot of BS.
    Last edited by socapineman; 11-25-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast