Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Al Shaprton Wants To Ban 50 Cent

SAME SH!T DIFFERNT TOILET HornaMan4Hire's Avatar HornaMan4Hire is offline
    Credits

Al Shaprton Wants To Ban 50 Cent

The Rev. Al Sharpton is putting in his two cents about the latest drama involving 50 Cent. The civil rights leader on Tuesday proposed a ban that would muzzle artists who are connected to any violent acts, denying them airplay on radio and television for 90 days.

Though Sharpton did not single out 50 Cent by name, he told The Associated Press that a recent shooting linked to a feud involving 50 demonstrated the need for such a policy.

"There's a difference in the having the right to express yourself and in engaging in violence and using the violence to hype record sales, and then polluting young Americans that this is the key to success, by gunslinging and shooting," he said.

Whether or not that's been the key to 50's success, he's certainly having a lot of it these days.

50 Cent is poised
    to debut at No. 1 on next week's album charts with his new album, "The Massacre. The follow-up to his 2003 debut, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" _ which sold 8 million copies _ "The Massacre" is on track to sell about 1 million copies in just four days. In addition, he's got the nation's No. 1 single with "Candy Shop."

It comes a week after a bitter feud broke out involving the rapper and his former protege, The Game. A member of The Game's crew was wounded during a shooting outside a New York hip-hop radio station, where 50 Cent _ who produced part of The Game's platinum-selling debut album _ was on the air, announcing that he was kicking him out of his G-Unit clique.

No one has been arrested for the shooting, and police are still investigating the incident, but some in the media have suggested it may have been the beginning of violent dispute between the two rappers, who flaunt a gangsta image: Both are former drug dealers and both have been shot multiple times. There have been comparisons to the feud between Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G. nearly a decade ago; both rappers were shot to death in separate slayings that have not been solved.

Perhaps coincidentally, rapper Lil' Kim is on trial for perjury and conspiracy in connection with another shooting that occurred outside the same hip-hop station in 2001. Lil Kim is accused of lying about the incident to protect the alleged shooters.

Meanwhile, Newsweek reported this week that the federal government is investigating the entire rap industry for alleged crimes; already, Irv Gotti, head of The Inc. label, was arrested earlier this year on money laundering charges. A federal indictment alleges the label, home to Ja Rule and Ashanti, was part of a murderous criminal enterprise that protected its interstate crack and heroin operation with calculated street assassinations.

Sharpton stressed that he was not targeting 50 Cent or The Game in his new crusade, and noted he did not know what role, if any, the two had in the shooting. But he did say there should be a process in which violent acts involving rap acts are punished by denying them publicity on the airwaves.

"The whole body politic of America addressed Janet Jackson's breast, and it didn't hurt anybody," he said of the infamous Super Bowl flashing. "Here you have actual bloodshed, and people are not even responding at federally regulated radio stations. ... black kids are expected to shoot each other, and nobody cares? Well I care, and I think somebody should do something about it."

A request for comment to Universal Music Group _ the parent company of 50 Cent's label Interscope _ was not immediately returned, nor was a request put into MTV or Sony BMG.

A representative for Hot 97 (WQHT-FM in New York) said the radio station meets Federal Communications Commission standards.

"We in no way condone acts of violence," station spokesman Alex Dudley said. "We hope that the perpetrators of these violent acts are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by the proper authorities."

Bryan Leach, a vice president at TVT Records (home to platinum-selling rappers such as Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz and the Ying Yang Twins), said he wasn't sure Sharpton's proposal was the right way to resolve rap-related violence. But he conceded the issue needed to be addressed.

"I think we can be vocal and I think we can show people that it's something that concerns us just like piracy concerns us," he said. "Violence in songs and violence in terms of how it translates in society, in particular the black community, is something that concerns a large part of the record industry."

Leach said he was also concerned that the media was sensationalizing the events of the past week and potentially inflaming the situation.

"A lot of it doesn't seem to be coming from people who really understand the history, really understand the parties involved, really understand a lot of the facts," he said.

Credits
    i hope fifty cent cousin is his hairdresser and "accidentally" drop some fabulaxer in he flippin eye. chat to dyam much

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGyalFromTnT
    i hope fifty cent cousin is his hairdresser and "accidentally" drop some fabulaxer in he flippin eye. chat to dyam much

Sorry but i agree with Mr Perm Hair this time
    Look its like this... As time goes on, rappers been gettin more and more ignorant and wreckless. And this 50 Character values human life so much that he is willing to boost record sales by putting other people at danger, cause 50 sure aint willin to be out there gettin gangster wit nobody, its his little flunkies.. Just look at how he stayed up in the studio while his man was bussin his gun for him. 50 talks all that shit while hidin behind a $1.5 million a year security detail, so you know nobody can't get close enough to him to get at him when he start talkin wreckless. Di boy safe.. If $$ is the only thing these people understand then they need to start hittin these dudes where it hurts.. in the pockets, cause the little dudes out there is stupid enough to follow what they hear on the radio

Credits
    i see it this way (and oh i agree with u) these guys dont come from anywhere and have no damn home training. You give them all this money and they dont know how to act plus they never kill the beef they had since high school. So since thats who people choose to let entertain them then let it be. I'm against all kind of censorship tho so i think Mr Perm need to hush he c_nt. BUT if the people dont like it then all they have to do is not buy it or support it bcuz they essentially control hs cash flow, and his life

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGyalFromTnT
    i see it this way (and oh i agree with u) these guys dont come from anywhere and have no damn home training. You give them all this money and they dont know how to act plus they never kill the beef they had since high school. So since thats who people choose to let entertain them then let it be. I'm against all kind of censorship tho so i think Mr Perm need to hush he c_nt. BUT if the people dont like it then all they have to do is not buy it or support it bcuz they essentially control hs cash flow, and his life
    Yeh but these people have no home trainin is not only affectin demselves, they ruinin tings for black people

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I just heard on the news ad that the Landlord of Hot 97 don't want any more rappers in the building. details at 10:00
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy
    I just herd on the news ad that the Landlord of Hot 97 don't want any more rappers in the building. details at 10:00

wtf .... i listenin to hot 97 i ain hear dat.... aww man hot 97 goin down slowly...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    wtf .... i listenin to hot 97 i ain hear dat.... aww man hot 97 goin down slowly...
    bout time
    tired of that lame ass station

Credits
    You speak truth horn

Credits
    Al Sharpton is a moderator on imix?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by WadadliEmpress
    bout time
    tired of that lame ass station

only reason i actually listenin cuz #1 homage to BIGGIE and #2 the gym people always listenin to this...

one day, i told dem lemme put in my cd... they bawll NOOO we dont wanna hear that jump jump shite...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutty

50 cent is a member in that case?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    50 cent is a member in that case?
    u neva know

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Channel 9 news @ 10:00
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutty
    Last yr i was Al for ah week ... funny thing is i banned a member name 50 cent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast