Thread: AKON'S PRODiGY, DOLLA, GUN DOWN

Credits

AKON'S PRODiGY, DOLLA, GUN DOWN

RIP my YUTE.

dev
    Credits
    Here we go again..

Black uh kill black..whoo hoo whatta setback.

Credits
    VP... put up a link to the damn story please.

dev
    Credits
    Up-and-coming rapper Dolla was killed in a shooting at an upscale shopping mall, and a man was arrested for investigation of murder, police said Tuesday.Los Angeles County Coroner's spokesman Ed Winter said the man killed Monday afternoon at the Beverly Center was 21-year-old Roderick Anthony Burton II, the birth name of rapper Dolla.
    Police said in a statement Tuesday that 23-year-old Aubrey Louis Berry of Georgia was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport with a gun Monday night. His bail was set at $1 million.

Burton was shot several times in a parking structure at the Beverly Center, and was later declared dead at a hospital, police said.Burton's publicist, Sue Vannasing, told the Los Angeles Times that the rapper was waiting at a valet stand after a shopping trip when he was shot.
    Police said Berry was found hours later in a ticketing area of Los Angeles International Airport. He was believed to have dropped off a rental car before he was found, said airport police Sgt. Jim Holcomb.
    "As the officers approached the suspect, they asked him 'Do you know why we're here?'" Holcomb told The Associated Press. "He put his (hands) up in the air and said, 'Yes, I've got a gun in my waistband. Don't shoot me.'"
    Airport police recovered a loaded 9mm semiautomatic handgun and turned Berry over to Los Angeles police.
    Burton, a protege of hip-hop artist Akon, worked on the soundtrack for the 2006 dance film "Step Up" and recently released two singles with Akon: "Like This" and "She So Fine."
    His MySpace page said he once modeled for Diddy's Sean John clothing line and was signed to Jive and Elektra record labels. A media contact listed on the MySpace page did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.
    Burton was working on his second album, "A Dolla and a Dream," which was due to be released on Akon's Konvict Muzik label. A song with T-Pain was titled "Who in the (Expletive) Is That?"
    On one of his songs, "Rainy Nights," Burton seemed to foreshadow his own death: "Papa died at 25 so he must have been great, they say the good die young, I guess I'm on my way."

Credits
    Posted on May 18, 2009, words by Ronnie Gamble

Los Angeles police said a man was fatally shot at the Beverly Center mall in Los Angeles Monday afternoon (May 18), and word is the slain man is Konvict Muzik's young artist Dolla.

Details regarding the shooting are still sketchy, but according to the LA Times, a shooting occurred shortly after 3 p.m. at the entrance of the popular Beverly Center shopping mall in Los Angeles Friday afternoon, following an altercation between a group of men.

LAPD officers were called to the scene where witnesses say they saw a scuffle between a group of men take place, possibly involving a knife.

Shortly after, shots rang out in the valet waiting area of the mall. An employee of the Chipotle restaurant, near the exit, told his store manager that he saw the end of the altercation.

"He saw a lady ... shooting a handgun," the restaurant's general manager, Elsa Hernandez, said.

"The customers were yelling 'close the store, close the store, because somebody is shooting,' " she continued.

Two suspects fled the scene. One is said to have fled in a silver Mercedes, and another in a Nissan Altima. Police sealed off the mall, immediately, and began their investigation.

As of press time, the LAPD had apprehended at least one of assailants at the LAX airport, trying to board a flight. The other may be still at large.

The victim is said to be 21-year-old Atlanta rapper Dolla, who is signed to Akon's Konvict Muzik label. The young rapper signed to the label in 2007, and later that year released his debut single "Who The F*** Is That?" featuring T-Pain, which created a buzz for the rising artist.

He has been working on his debut album, Dollar And a Dream, ever since.

At press time, Dolla's camp were unavailable for comment.

Already, the hip-hop community is reacting. Via Twitter, Yung Joc expressed his dismay after hearing the news. "R.I.P. to the homie Dolla ... so unfortunate. What's goin' on people?"

Compton rapper The Game also extended his condolenses, saying the news ruined his day: "R.I.P to the lil' homie Dolla from the ATL. I definitely gotta put one in the air now, and damn, I thought I was having a good day ... life."
    Strum has a Grizzly Bear Rug in his living room.

It's not dead however...It's just SCARED TO MOVE.

Credits
    absolutely senseless. the man probably killed him for some bullshit "beef". i would love to understand why human life means so little to these idiots. *smh*

Credits
    Rumor is that it was over a woman.
    Strum has a Grizzly Bear Rug in his living room.

It's not dead however...It's just SCARED TO MOVE.