Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Akon turned away black women and requested Mixed girls for Video shoot in Africa

  1. #1
    Registered User TheEducator's Avatar TheEducator is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    3,919
    Credits
    12,206,492

    Akon turned away black women and requested Mixed girls for Video shoot in Africa

    Akon and Wizkid Provoke Controversy After Refusing Dark-Skinned Women for Accra Video Shoot - Entertainment & Stars

    Music superstars Akon and Wizkid are at the centre of race row after they allegedly turned away dark-skinned girls from a music video shoot in Ghana.

    According to celebrity site Fashion Ghana, directors for the duo's upcoming video requested 'light-skinned and half-caste' Ghanaian models ahead of the shoot in Accra.

    A model claimed that on the day of the shoot some girls were asked to leave by the agent who stated that "they [Akon and Wizkid] now want half-caste girls".

    The agent, working on behalf of Senegalese-born Akon and Nigerian Wizkid, allegedly even asked the rejects if they could help him scout light-skinned girls because the singers were determined to recruit them, despite the late notice.

    The apparent discrimination has since become a major topic of discussion within the African community, with some critics claiming that Akon and Wizkid were guilty of 'self-hatred'.

    "Sad and that all deals with self-hatred. But these people would never admit it," one unimpressed fan said.

    Another wrote: "White men tend to find darker skin attractive if they are interested in dating out of their race. Light skin is no big deal to them, they see that all the time in their own women. Many times, whites appreciate dark skin more than blacks do! Please! We hate ourselves!"

    A third commentator said: "At least Akon was honest in his advertising instead of wasting dark skinned models [sic] time and expense to go to an audition under a false pretense of equality all the while knowing he was only going to book half-caste models anyway. That happens all the time."

    Ongoing debate

    The light v dark skin debate is an ongoing topic of discussion within the entertainment industry.

    Earlier this year Viola Davis claimed that dark-skinned stars often lose out film roles to lighter-skinned actresses like Halle Berry and Nicole Ari Parker.

    Rumours have also been circulating for years that stars including Beyonce and Rihanna have been bleaching their skin to maintain the honey-toned complexion they are so famous for.

    Akon and Wizkid have not commented on the discrimination allegations.

  2. #2
    Searching For Answers Hello BKLYN is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,142
    Credits
    51,937,683
    Akon was always a cornball anyway.. he dont matter
    smh
    same ol shit different day
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

    Carl G. Jung

  3. #3
    Registered User Mr_Crafty's Avatar Mr_Crafty is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    S.V.G
    Posts
    1,492
    Credits
    46,900,922
    Smh Just more ammunition for the hypocritical wilder-beast Kola Boof.
    "Gaza man crazy...dem in jail"

  4. #4
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,667
    Credits
    40,139,677
    he must be still sikk on the trini minor

  5. #5
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEducator View Post
    Akon and Wizkid Provoke Controversy After Refusing Dark-Skinned Women for Accra Video Shoot - Entertainment & Stars

    Music superstars Akon and Wizkid are at the centre of race row after they allegedly turned away dark-skinned girls from a music video shoot in Ghana.

    According to celebrity site Fashion Ghana, directors for the duo's upcoming video requested 'light-skinned and half-caste' Ghanaian models ahead of the shoot in Accra.

    A model claimed that on the day of the shoot some girls were asked to leave by the agent who stated that "they [Akon and Wizkid] now want half-caste girls".

    The agent, working on behalf of Senegalese-born Akon and Nigerian Wizkid, allegedly even asked the rejects if they could help him scout light-skinned girls because the singers were determined to recruit them, despite the late notice.

    The apparent discrimination has since become a major topic of discussion within the African community, with some critics claiming that Akon and Wizkid were guilty of 'self-hatred'.

    "Sad and that all deals with self-hatred. But these people would never admit it," one unimpressed fan said.

    Another wrote: "White men tend to find darker skin attractive if they are interested in dating out of their race. Light skin is no big deal to them, they see that all the time in their own women. Many times, whites appreciate dark skin more than blacks do! Please! We hate ourselves!"

    A third commentator said: "At least Akon was honest in his advertising instead of wasting dark skinned models [sic] time and expense to go to an audition under a false pretense of equality all the while knowing he was only going to book half-caste models anyway. That happens all the time."

    Ongoing debate

    The light v dark skin debate is an ongoing topic of discussion within the entertainment industry.

    Earlier this year Viola Davis claimed that dark-skinned stars often lose out film roles to lighter-skinned actresses like Halle Berry and Nicole Ari Parker.

    Rumours have also been circulating for years that stars including Beyonce and Rihanna have been bleaching their skin to maintain the honey-toned complexion they are so famous for.

    Akon and Wizkid have not commented on the discrimination allegations.

    Another wrote: "White men tend to find darker skin attractive if they are interested in dating out of their race. Light skin is no big deal to them, they see that all the time in their own women. Many times, whites appreciate dark skin more than blacks do! Please! "
    I KNOW this part some people on this board remember me saying several times!

    I hope the dark skin girls in the US that waiting til dem suffocate on some black guy to marry them remember to keep their options wide open! Because most of the black men I know who are married are not married to dark skin women, and most of the dark skin women I know who are married are married to white men or an asian! Although those are all Caribbean women...I think the new Mayor of NY's wife is American though.

    I keep telling people in these discussions, don't look at who they willing to sleep with, look at who they willing to marry. Nobody listens...
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

  6. #6
    Registered User Seawall's Avatar Seawall is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    4,328
    Credits
    11,321,991
    Quote Originally Posted by EloquenceInc View Post
    I KNOW this part some people on this board remember me saying several times!

    I hope the dark skin girls in the US that waiting til dem suffocate on some black guy to marry them remember to keep their options wide open! Because most of the black men I know who are married are not married to dark skin women, and most of the dark skin women I know who are married are married to white men or an asian! Although those are all Caribbean women...I think the new Mayor of NY's wife is American though.

    I keep telling people in these discussions, don't look at who they willing to sleep with, look at who they willing to marry. Nobody listens...
    Where do all of these dark skinned black people keep coming from then? I don't think that singers like Akon and Chris Brown like women anyway.
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

    “If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

  7. #7
    Registered User Mr_Crafty's Avatar Mr_Crafty is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    S.V.G
    Posts
    1,492
    Credits
    46,900,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    Where do all of these dark skinned black people keep coming from then? I don't think that singers like Akon and Chris Brown like women anyway.
    Hahaha

    I pretty sure they like women, they just have eurocentric values. But that's a problem MOST black people have.
    "Gaza man crazy...dem in jail"

  8. #8
    Got Kompa? tikreyol's Avatar tikreyol is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    La Perle Des Antilles
    Posts
    5,229
    Credits
    13,284,868
    This is the same behavior these negroes carry on with in America. Why would we think it would be any different when they arrive in Africa?
    Mr_Crafty likes this.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

  9. #9
    Registered User dedetriniking's Avatar dedetriniking is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,928
    Credits
    48,746,214
    I could never understand this mentality. healthy dark skin on a pretty face and body to me is the sh*t and i'm a brown complexioned person.

    Someone mentioned that whites seem to have a better appreciation for dark skin that black people do and i think there might be a measure of truth to that.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

  10. #10
    Southern Belle mz_JazE's Avatar mz_JazE is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East of the Anacostia River, MD
    Posts
    15,853
    Credits
    515,125,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Crafty View Post
    Hahaha

    I pretty sure they like women, they just have eurocentric values. But that's a problem MOST black people have.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post
    This is the same behavior these negroes carry on with in America. Why would we think it would be any different when they arrive in Africa?

  11. #11
    Registered User bktrini305's Avatar bktrini305 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,901
    Credits
    40,919,598
    Ugh i am really enjoying Azonto but i also already see that kind of pattern and it bothers me.



    In Asia its the same thing I believe. There are surgical procedures people undergo where the eyelid is folded once to make the eye look more round. Its kind of sick.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

  12. #12
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994
    ain naan dat matter cos ...







    Years ago, he shook up the Internet when he said, “I can afford to have as many wives as I can afford to have,” and when TMZ caught up with him at LAX the other day his views don’t look like they’ve changed at all.


    If America adopted that [polygamy] culture there would be less domestic disputes. The average guy in the world has a main girl and they got a side chick. And then they got a jumpoff. At the end of the day as a male we are natural breeders by nature. We can’t even escape it if we wanted to. Let’s say you put 1,000 guys on one corner and one bad chick walk past. You gon’ see 1,000 heads go, ‘Damn.’ They don’t even know why they doing it. They’re natural breeders. It’s in their genes, they can’t help it. Even if you’re walking with your girl and you’re holding her hand and you see a bad chick walk by and she lookin’ at you like, ‘Boy you better not look,’ you gonna wanna look so bad and you don’t even know why that urge is there, but you’re a natural breeder. It’s what we do. Men are put on this earth to breed and the reason why God put multiple women on this earth is for that.

    On reproduction

    When looking at reproduction, there’s always going to be more reproducing than actual reproducers themselves. There’s more to it scientifically, but as humans, women need to take more time to understand men. If they can do that I think things will work out better for us.

    On Marriage

    Marriage just solidifies a relationship between a man and a woman spiritually under God’s eyes. So, I can be spiritually attached to her, and still be spiritually attached to [another woman], and still be spiritually attached to [yet another woman].

    Now, when you’re talking about commitment, understanding, loyalty…that’s a different conversation because what happens now is that people are having relationships, boyfriend and girlfriend, and treating it like it’s actually marriage. You’re just dating. The whole purpose of dating is so you can date this one, and date this one, and date this one until you find out, ‘Okay, this is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Okay, now I commit to what’s called marriage.’ You find that one woman that supplies everything that you desire in a woman, of course that will be a motivation to stick with that one woman, but I don’t know no one woman that can satisfy every man’s one need. It’s impossible. Just like there’s not one man that can satisfy a woman’s every need, but women aren’t built to breed like that or mate with more than one partner. Women aren’t built that way, men are.



    In the [music] business, it’s not just Muslims doing it. You got Jews that practice it and all that kind of stuff. I think the average guy is doing right now. He’s just not married. Everybody that I hang with got multiple girlfriends.

    Also, in 2007, Akon’s former fiancée, a 23-year-old model named Rachel, revealed why she walked away from Akon before it was time to walk down the aisle and become his fourth wife:
    The reality check really came when Akon told me he had his fifth child with one of his wives. For the first few months I got completely freaked out because even though I knew he had other wives, I never really thought about him being with them because his main attention was always on me – or so I thought.

    He does not live with his wives but the birth of his latest child made everything become real and made me realize that I would always have to share the man I love while accepting his other relationships.

    I came from a past that was very dramatic and [abusive] into a relationship that appeared to be perfect.

    There was never any friction. Akon was honest with me about his mutiple wives from the start, which never got in the way of our relationship because his wives live in various parts of the world, so I thought why fix it if it’s not broken? But now I have a had a complete change of heart. Akon’s love and attention was not enough. I want a lot more from a man – I need him to be active in my life not passive.

    It’s not Akon’s fault. He is only following his cultural and religious tradition and I had to decide whether I wanted to be a part of his customs. In the end I chose to walk away. I wish him all the best and I hope that we can still remain friends.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

  13. #13
    Registered User bktrini305's Avatar bktrini305 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,901
    Credits
    40,919,598
    damn... Kcee is kinda bad for this man!



    after songs and videos like this its a bit out of character from wizkid though. Perhaps its ACTUALLY an artistic decision rather than Eurocentrism



    Pre likes this.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

  14. #14
    Pre
    Registered User Pre is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,595
    Credits
    2,603,131
    Wizkid always has Black women in his videos, Akon on the other hand ....

  15. #15
    Pre
    Registered User Pre is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,595
    Credits
    2,603,131
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    damn... Kcee is kinda bad for this man!


    I love this video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •