Thread: Air America leaving WLIB

Credits

Air America leaving WLIB

Progressive talk network Air America is moving on Sept. 1 from WLIB (1190 AM) to WWRL (1600 AM), the network said yesterday.

That means WWRL will take over as AA's national flagship. The network said its goal is a "long-term home."

It was not announced which network programs WWRL will carry. The station has a lucrative block of paid programs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and its own lineup includes Sam Greenfield and Armstrong Williams in the morning and Larry Elder, Ron Daniels and Alan Colmes later in the day.

WLIB officials couldn't be reached for comment on plans for that station. They have reportedly had other offers to lease the time. They could also reinstitute their own programming: WLIB for years was a local talk station, and it carried Caribbean shows before leasing to AA in 2004. It still has some local shows, including Imhotep Gary Byrd overnight.

I really hope so.

Credits
    Mannnnnn, I HOPE they BRING BACK the CARIBBEAN FORMAT. That would be GREAT!!!

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Oh PLEEEEEASE let them bring back the Caribbean format.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"