Thread: Ah have to put this to all yu. Skewed Trini prioritries.

Credits

Ah have to put this to all yu. Skewed Trini prioritries.

Right, so I sitting with one of my assitants and we going through some music she suggesting for something we puttin' together.

Song start: lyrics... (mind you a poor boy song dis)

something like this:

Mama can't put food on the table, we so poor we can't afford cable, so we have to sit and watch DVD's.

WTF?????????

wa'is dis, a pissed of middle class boob????? Maybe is a joke.

All u chime in, because I confused about how this could be a poor boy anthem. I don't think there is anywhere in the world a man can put pen to paper and write these lyrics thinking it will connect. May just be me but I had to say it. Oh yeah, it lead to a small argument as well.

ms_socadiva
    u start up again with dem blastid trini's...steupsss
    p.s. ah never get meh blastid ketcula ..but me eh studying u no more i go be home next month and ah go make meh own!! pomseetay in season down dey??

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_socadiva View Post
    p.s. ah never get meh blastid ketcula ..but me eh studying u no more i go be home next month and ah go make meh own!! pomseetay in season down dey??
    Haven't seen any yet... sorry

Nah, I not givin Trini any crap. I just find it interesting.

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerDude View Post
    Haven't seen any yet... sorry

Nah, I not givin Trini any crap. I just find it interesting.
    no scene babes!!

Credits
    Right, so I sitting with one of my assitants and we going through some music she suggesting for something we puttin' together.

something like this:

Mama can't put food on the table, we so poor we can't afford cable, so we have to sit and watch DVD's.

WTF?????????

All u chime in, because I confused about how this could be a poor boy anthem. I don't think there is anywhere in the world a man can put pen to paper and write these lyrics thinking it will connect. May just be me but I had to say it. Oh yeah, it lead to a small argument as well.
    Bootleg...
    he should have said Bootleg DVD's...

Vincy & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; Bajan YuhMur's Avatar YuhMur is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervin View Post
    Bootleg...
    he should have said Bootleg DVD's...
    If he so poor DVD shouldn't come in at all. Dem kinda song does be talking bout suffering fuh food, so if they can buy DVD (bootleg or not) dem ain DAT bad off.

Credits
    This is most hilarious coming from ah Jamaican

Credits

something like this:

WTF?????????

I think it was a joke. Or the person who wrote the song was never really poor.
    Whether there is a moral component to being less clothed than an European, I'm not getting into because that's a personal thing.
    Carnival: carne valle: farewell flesh means it is time to be myself in all my godly glory. I am a man created in God's image, making me beautiful. We get half naked in the bright sun, soak up some vitamin D and jump to a rythm because as human beings, rythms entrance us; they harken to our mothers' rhythmic heartbeat in the womb. Its a natural, healthy experience.

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits
    poor people does live good too oui... get tie up.... dey does play dead tuh catch corbeau alive
    The love of my life is an Imixer!!!

~DD~

Credits
    An interesting thing about T&T is that while the music made comes from poor peaople's innovations, the mucisians tend to be middle class.

There was a Parang Soca by Crazy, one of my favorites in fact.

"Inside de kitchen it dry as bone,
    Pot shinin' like a saxophone
    Cobweb inside de butter dish
    De worms in me belly speaking Spanish"

Personally i've always though a butter dish was an uptown thing to have. There's people in everyone's island living in shacks so what kitchen?

Most of the rhymes in the song are like that. The animals around the house are starving including the cocroaches, but nothing to suggest he's ever really had a hunger pain.
    Whether there is a moral component to being less clothed than an European, I'm not getting into because that's a personal thing.
    Carnival: carne valle: farewell flesh means it is time to be myself in all my godly glory. I am a man created in God's image, making me beautiful. We get half naked in the bright sun, soak up some vitamin D and jump to a rythm because as human beings, rythms entrance us; they harken to our mothers' rhythmic heartbeat in the womb. Its a natural, healthy experience.

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjaja07 View Post
    An interesting thing about T&T is that while the music made comes from poor peaople's innovations, the mucisians tend to be middle class.

There was a Parang Soca by Crazy, one of my favorites in fact.

"Inside de kitchen it dry as bone,
    Pot shinin' like a saxophone
    Cobweb inside de butter dish
    De worms in me belly speaking Spanish"

Personally i've always though a butter dish was an uptown thing to have. There's people in everyone's island living in shacks so what kitchen?

Most of the rhymes in the song are like that. The animals around the house are starving including the cocroaches, but nothing to suggest he's ever really had a hunger pain.
    lol You joking, right?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_socadiva View Post
    What name suh?

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    What name suh?
    golden apple.

butter dish i mean everyone dont have to have it but then again

some ppl HAD a bread knife regardless of how much money they had.

Not any ole sharp kniff they had a breadknife and bread board different from a meat cutting board.

this reminds me of the "our vagrants richer cos they have shoes" argument.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel