Thread: Africa's rapidly increasing economy

Credits

Africa's rapidly increasing economy

The BBC is reporting that Africa's economy is rapidly increases and getting more prosperous.

Economic growth stirs hope in Africa - Africa - World - The Independent

Africa is experiencing its longest income boom for 30 years, with gross domestic product growth rates averaging about 5 per cent annually over the past decade. Even this year, as markets elsewhere collapse, the continent's income is projected to increase by around 4.5 per cent.
    What are your thoughts?

Credits
    One theory I have is the population growth:

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Population_growth_rate_world.PNG

More people, more family = better economy. Less population growth and the economy slowly gets worse and worse as the population ages and no one is there to take care of people.

I predict in 10-15 years China is gonna have this issue. Their woman suicide rate is atrocious ( 590 women a day commit suicide ). Less women, less family, less young, worse economy.

The US is seeing this too as well.

Africa is going to surge soon.
    http://www.CaribKaraoke.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribKaraoke View Post
    One theory I have is the population growth:

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Population_growth_rate_world.PNG

More people, more family = better economy. Less population growth and the economy slowly gets worse and worse as the population ages and no one is there to take care of people.

I predict in 10-15 years China is gonna have this issue. Their woman suicide rate is atrocious ( 590 women a day commit suicide ). Less women, less family, less young, worse economy.

The US is seeing this too as well.

Africa is going to surge soon.
    I hope so it cheered me up when I saw a news reporter on the BBC in Ethiopia showing a mall and a stock exchange in the capital. And today they were showing a luxury apartment in Accra, Ghana.

I really hope the best. :)

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    I hope so it cheered me up when I saw a news reporter on the BBC in Ethiopia showing a mall and a stock exchange in the capital. And today they were showing a luxury apartment in Accra, Ghana.

I really hope the best. :)
    I don't really feel as if those are signs of progress, only consumerism. Progress for me is more food production from a local standpoint, which is occurring as well as clean energy sources(also happening). It's a mixed blessing and I'm cautious of becoming too western from a financial and urban development perspective. As long as we learn from mistakes in the west.

There has been an exodus from many western countries within the last decade into African countries...even alot of westerners themselves following returning Africans. UK has seen a huge exodus of Africans to Africa(save for a segment of Nigerians). Most people are getting into a habit of having 1 foot in one continent and 1 on the other. Most of my family are back and forth, alot building homes and business.
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    The BBC is reporting that Africa's economy is rapidly increases and getting more prosperous.

Economic growth stirs hope in Africa - Africa - World - The Independent

What are your thoughts?
    I think "quite obvious".

With the vast majority of oil, minerals, and other natural resources, some of the money will EVENTUALLY begin to trickle down to the masses, despite the best efforts of theiving politicians and foreign conglomerates to keep as much money as possible.

There is HUGE untapped potential, especially with OIL, in Africa. Literally billions of dollars, once infrastructure is properly sorted out, which is happening slowly but surely.

In the next 30 years, Caribbean people going to be moving to AFRICA instead of the US and Europe. Just watch.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    I don't really feel as if those are signs of progress, only consumerism. Progress for me is more food production from a local standpoint, which is occurring as well as clean energy sources(also happening). It's a mixed blessing and I'm cautious of becoming too western from a financial and urban development perspective. As long as we learn from mistakes in the west.

There has been an exodus from many western countries within the last decade into African countries...even alot of westerners themselves following returning Africans. UK has seen a huge exodus of Africans to Africa(save for a segment of Nigerians). Most people are getting into a habit of having 1 foot in one continent and 1 on the other. Most of my family are back and forth, alot building homes and business.

Agree.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

DSP
    Credits
    In recent news...

St Lucia on the path with Haiti.

I noticed French Caribbean and Francophone African countries always had strong ties in the past..same with the Portuegese/luscophone speaking states.

St Lucia seeks closer ties with Africa

CASTRIES, St Lucia, April 12, 2013 – St Lucia is seeking to strengthen its existing diplomatic relations with Africa, according to a senior official of the Kenny Anthony administration.

“We believe that we need to re-engage with the African states many of which have and continue to emerge as important economic entities and we need in that context to engage them to assist us with our own development,” said Dr. Vaughn Lewis, the special advisor in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Speaking during a television programme here, Lewis, a former prime minister, said “we have lost influence in persuading Britain and the European Union as to what we want and it is those emerging African countries that will have the influence”.

He said the need to deepen relations with the world’s second-largest and second-most-populous continent is in keeping with a new policy direction to review and realign the country’s foreign relations.

Dr. Lewis said while St Lucia may not be able to rely on aid from Africa, the island can engage the continent to stimulate investment and to lobby on St Lucia’s behalf in international circles.

He told television viewers that the African continent is a very important region for St Lucia as a small island developing state.

“The African continent as a source now of extensive raw material for China becomes a major player and that has meant that those countries have assumed a greater presence in international trade and negotiation than even a decade ago and that means that as small as we are Saint Lucia needs to find ways of engaging those regions and countries,” he added. (CMC) Click here to receive free news bulletins via email from Caribbean360

Read more: St Lucia seeks closer ties with Africa - Caribbean360
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan