Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Adoptions.. and you

Credits

Adoptions.. and you

Would you adopt? if so, why... if not, why not? What age would you prefer?

If you had to adopt, would you choose a child that would fit in with your family easily - can pass for your natural born child looks-wise or would you just give a deserving child a home?

Would you adopt a child from overseas or one close to where you live? meaning if you live in the US but have trini fam, would you adopt a trini child and bring them to the US or would you adopt a child where you live- the US

Would you adopt a child from another race? If so why, if not, why not?

Would you rather see a child live in dire circumstances with its natural parents who may lead lifestyles not suited for a child to grow up around- addiction or alcoholism or abuse etc... or would you rather see the child raised by a well off same sex couple who have a network of friends and family (heterosexual) and are able to thoroughly provide for that child?
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

TC
    Credits
    Answer your questions first please Ma'am.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post

If you had to adopt, would you choose a child that would fit in with your family easily - can pass for your natural born child looks-wise or would you just give a deserving child a home?

Would you adopt a child from overseas or one close to where you live? meaning if you live in the US but have trini fam, would you adopt a trini child and bring them to the US or would you adopt a child where you live- the US

Would you rather see a child live in dire circumstances with its natural parents who may lead lifestyles not suited for a child to grow up around- addiction or alcoholism or abuse etc... or would you rather see the child raised by a well off same sex couple who have a network of friends and family (heterosexual) and are able to thoroughly provide for that child?

okay since you want me to answer them.. (i usually prefer others to answer first for a reason )

not sure if i would adopt or not... but if i did, i would prefer a baby as children who are older may have some issues about the whole situation or trauma etc.

I would probably choose a child that could fit in with my family... but that doesnt mean that it would be the only basis.. a deserving child would probably weigh more.. you want a child to feel like he fits in and can be seamless not that he sticks out.. but then again, it's all about your outlook..

I would adopt wherever it is easier and less red tape because when it comes on to adoptions there can be a lot of hassle..

A child from another race? not so sure about that.. there is a lot to be taken into consideration about that - not sure if i am up to the task at the moment..

the last question is the basis for this thread.. and inspired me to ask about this since i saw something to do with adoption and people's stringent views on it... so i will answer that at another time..
    dollbabi likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

TC
    Credits

I am not opposed to adoption. Maybe one day I would adopt a child, but it's not a priority of mine.

I would adopt a child from birth up until just before puberty. Because of my age I din't think a judge would allow me a child older than that, plus I think after puberty hits it would be far more difficult for me to train a child in the way I wiuld like him or her to grow.

Any race will do, doesn't matter to me,but I am not fighting up with that long red tape overseas adoption business.

And like you the last one is an interesting one. I reserve my comments for another 5 to 10 years until the children I know raised by same sex parents have frown up some more.
    dollbabi likes this.

Credits
    Yes, I would adopt and plan to adopt in the future. I hope to have adopted by age 40. My preference is for a young child (5 and younger), but I am not competely against adopting a child that is older. Older children are so often overlooked.

The child doesn't have to look like a part of the family because we will make them a part regardless. They can be of a different "race" since hubby and me are of different backgrounds.

I am open to adopting from overseas or within the U.S.

Regarding your last question, it's a tough one. Gonna have to go with TC's answer on that. Closest I've seen is someone who was raised in a very open environment, having hippie heterosexual parents and raised very closely around straight/gay couples. Let just say the person was interesting. That's not really the same though so I'll have to see more...

Credits

I would adopt a child from my family network first. Always got a poorer / strained brother/sister/cousin who cant take care of a child as good as they should.

After that everything is butter.

We had a discussion about this earlier on IMIX, and we have some right wingers out there who prefer the child grow up in a group home rather with gay, non black parents.

My opinion is once they truly love the kid I dont see a problem. The couple doesnt even have to be "well off". Just willing to make that sacrifice so that their child gets the best they can provide.
    dollbabi likes this.

Credits
    well i know of a couple, gay females.. that are raising an adopted child.. one is black and one is white.. the black child could easily pass for the biological child of the black partner.. and the way they treat this child is really no different to the way i see another couple - hetero who has adopted a child..... but i have heard people express negativity about them raising the child and stating that the child should have been with its natural parents no matter how dire the circumstances.. yet, the child is still allowed to have a relationship with her bio parents and bio siblings... and seems to be a happy well adjusted child... thus far.. yet the things people said really make me wonder about people...

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    I believe I'd definitely adopt. I'd prefer an infant.

Yes, I'd adopt from another race.

Difficult to answer. I don't care for same sex couples raising children thing so I'm not too sure. My first thought however, is to just have the child in a safe environment. i do not want to see any child suffer

law
    Credits
    Just had to reply to this one since this is something that I would VERY STRONGLY like to do, but hubby is totally against it.

I woud definitely adopt. It is something I have always thought about and wanted to do because there as so many children that are in need. My first preference and major factor is the most neediest child regardless of race. The main objective is giving that child a loving, supportive and safe home environment.

The last question is somewhat difficult for me at this time and I have to pass on that one.

Credits
    I'm very much for adoption. My preference is for infants. I'm with oneshot in that I would opt for family members child over an adoption agency.

As for the last question, I would choose the latter. As long as the parents love them and can provide for them, I don't see the negatives of it. If anything, they will just have a child that's more tolerant.

Credits
    for all you ladies who said yes, do all of you have a steady relationship with your husband?
    i only promote dominica's culture...who vex loss.........

Credits
    What do you mean "steady" relationship with your husband?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    What do you mean "steady" relationship with your husband?
    well it may be harder to mind a child if you out on de dating circuit every weekend
    i only promote dominica's culture...who vex loss.........

Credits
    I guess they would manage just like people manage to do what they have to do.

And are single women expected to be in some dating circuit every weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    well it may be harder to mind a child if you out on de dating circuit every weekend

Credits
    so when yuh not steady with your husband yuh does be out dating?
    ladyrastafari likes this.
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast