Thread: Adoption!!!!!

Credits

Question Adoption!!!!!

This has been on mind for some time due that I have a friend going through this situation.

I have a friend that is pondering placing her un-born child up for adoption.The reason that she has come to this decision is that alot of changes has taken place that she is very worried.

Problem #1: She has no family just a aunt and a very distant father. (she has friends like myself but still believes that she needs a stronger backing)

problem #2: The father for the un-born child was in a accident and would not be able to help her and the child in any near future. He is practically a vegatable.

problem #3: She cannot get an abortion due that she is way pass the requirement. The reason why she didn't get one in the first place was that the father and herself were stable together but due to the sudden changes she believes it is going to hard on her alone.

I've told my friend that I've seen single mothers raise there children by themseleves and they have done some beautiful jobs.
    I told her as well that she has support from myself, she knows this but she doesn't believe that she would not be able to provide for her child due that she is not in school , out of work @ the moment. So she believes that giving her child up (i.e. open adaoption) her child would have a better life.

So my question to you is adoption...is it safe to give your child up these days or should you just take on your burden?

Credits
    Moni, For once a completely new topic. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very interesting issue and I actually have tons of info on it and would be willing to talk to your friend.

She can probably sign up with one of the adoption agencies like Spence Chappin. They do private adoptions and the people are checked out. She could get to meet the person or couple and find out about them before she decides if she is willing to go forward with it or not. She doesn't have to rush, but she does have to start putting some work into it, because it is much easier for a contract to be made on an unborn child.

Credits
    Very hard decision...Here's my thoughts...

I commend your friend for looking into the other options as it saddens me to see babies left on doorsteps, garbage cans, etc.

I would say for her to make sure to consider all pros and cons to the situation. Adoptive mother may not want her to be in contact with child, she might feel different once the child is born, etc.

She should also try to research programs that would help her provide for her and her baby if she chooses to keep it, welfare, wic, etc. There are plenty women out their struggling but surviving as single mothers. Sometimes it is a matter of sacrifice.

Credits
    Zenele- Thanks I wil send u a pm.

TS- Thanx's as well I've brought all those options up to her but she doesn't want to be dependent on anyone. She is already struggling to go on everyday but it is hard.

thanx's for ur insight!!!!