Thread: Adobe releases Creative Suite 2 for free

Credits

Adobe releases Creative Suite 2 for free

UPDATE, 2:40 p.m. PT: There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has cancelled its CS2 license management servers, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software.

Adobe's popular Creative Suite has been developed way beyond the capabilities of the initial versions of the software; however, older versions such as CS2 are still very powerful image-manipulation and content-creation tools. Still, they are no longer supported by the company and could cause problems or fail to run when installed on computers running the latest versions of OS X or Windows.
    Nevertheless, if you have an older computer or have virtual-machine software configured with an older operating system compatible with CS2, then you should be able to get CS2 running. Unfortunately for Mac users, CS2 is a PowerPC application, so it will require the use of either an Intel Mac running OS X 10.4 through 10.6 with the Rosetta translator installed, or the use of an older PowerPC Mac.

The only versions of the OS X client that Apple supports in virtualization are those that do not include the Rosetta translator (OS X 10.7 and higher) which is required for running older PowerPC code on an Intel-based Mac. Therefore, while you can either virtualize the Server versions of OS X 10.6 (which is rather expensive and no longer available) or earlier, or hack virtualization software to allow installation of the OS X 10.6 client, the best option for current Mac users is to perhaps configure a Windows XP virtual machine and install the Windows version of CS2.

The CS2 download requires you to first get an Adobe account and a CS2 license, then download the installer from the CS2 downloads page.

Since this release, the Adobe Web site has been flooded with activity, so you may have to either wait for it to come back online, or access the download links directly through the SlickDeals Web site (the previous link on this page direct-links to Adobe's servers).

Adobe releases Creative Suite 2 for free | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

Adobe Creative Suite CS 2
    Acrobat 3D
    Acrobat Standard 7.0
    Acrobat Pro 8.0
    Audition 3.0
    GoLive
    Illustrator
    InCopy
    InDesign
    Photoshop
    Photoshop Elements
    Adobe Premier Pro

Ah save de links and serials before adobe shut e down LMAO.dun got my copy of photoshop and audition 3 might download de 4gig of audition loops later if a in de mood later.Ah might start building back riddims.
    Never argue with a fool:
    First they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

100% vincy flow from me morrow, who nah like that go suck on dey bone we nah follow.

No por ke me vean huaraches, piensen ke soy guacalero

Ragga soca ,Claws music and power soca/ps music and bongay music a fu we own

Credits
    wait.. CS2?? why would you get that? i was like hold up.. CS2? wait.. didnt that come out already cos i swear i had that a few years back.. 8 years ago to be precise.. lol.. i'm on CS5.. and i'm going to get CS6 when i get some time... lol.. but you not easy.. you like cruising up and down memory lane??
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    yeah its old, now is cs6, adobe change dey mind lol link is back

Adobe - CS2 Downloads
    Never argue with a fool:

100% vincy flow from me morrow, who nah like that go suck on dey bone we nah follow.

Credits
    yea i about about to upgrade... i am looking for some house design software i used to have... i designed some rooms in a house with it but i cant find the damn blueprint files.. lol...

Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Looks good,You have creative juice, me canīt design a house fuh save me life. lol I tried 3dhome deluxe once an give up lol back in 2002 i think.
    Never argue with a fool:

Credits
    thanks...i catch real kicks doing it cos at one point i wasnt checking my measurements and my uncle pointed out that my staircase never connected fully to the top floor and then when he doublechecked it he said the rise was mad steep LOL.. so i had to do it over.. lol.. yea.. i like stuff like this..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    I get that shit for free regardless.

Credits
    I started learning on CS4 and just upgraded to CS6 and I am blown at how much stuff is added...I will be carving extra time to watch tutorials especially for Photoshop
    And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    i still havent gotten the new cs6.. i saw somethign about the creative cloud but didnt pay it too much mind..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist