Thread: ~Accidently switched at birth~

Credits

~Accidently switched at birth~

If you were 2 years into raising your baby, you got a phone call saying that you're child was accidently switched at birth two years ago in the nursery and you've been raising someone else's child and the child you gave birth to is still out there....:

1. Would you want to switch the child you raised for only two years with your own natural born child?

2. Would you want to have both children...I take it that you'd always want the child you gave birth to back (since you never opted to give them away)--but in that same fashion, the blood relatives of the child you raise would want their child back as well (give or take)?

Who should get who and why....legally, there is no question, blood is always thicker than water assuming the parent has natural guardianship and complete legal rights to their own. But morally...this becomes a very sticky situaton.

sharkie
    gimme back mih chile, dey only 2, dey eh go remember.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    gimme back mih chile, dey only 2, dey eh go remember.
    but you will

Credits
    Tough decision. From that day u recieved that child, thinking it's yours, you get attached to the baby as any parent would. Then later down the line to find out the child was switched at birth. You will become deverstated. Then on the other hand, you will also want your birth child.so you would be stuck with a tough decision of a lifetime. I can't say what i would do. I am a mother myself, and i love my son to death. So for me to find out such a thing. I can't even explain. There is no answer for that Question.

Credits
    i would want my child back and try to keep a relationship with the next child, hopefully the other parenst would feel the same way. id be auntie to hers and shed be auntie to mines

Credits
    i would want my child....and as sencia said be in touch with the other

Credits
    yes i would like my child back too... Sencia said it best.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencia
    i would want my child back and try to keep a relationship with the next child, hopefully the other parenst would feel the same way. id be auntie to hers and shed be auntie to mines

that seems like a win-win situation considerin the other parents ok the idea.