Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 110

Thread: Accents....Talks...Wordage.

  1. #1
    Cervical Cancer MÉCHANT LOUP's Avatar MÉCHANT LOUP is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Black Forest.......
    Posts
    36,268
    Credits
    17,427,584

    Accents....Talks...Wordage.

    What Caribbean accents do you get confused...or, is there a region or area of your country that sounds so much like another country's accent.


    Like in H.S. we had a Guyanese classmate, everyone say he sound like a Haitian. Even the guyanese dem would jump on his back bout' he sound like a Haitian.

    Once in a while, I'll come across a guyanese that sound like a Bajan.
    My boy from Wesley, say he caan take people from Roseau accent...they sound like Trinis'.....

    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

    You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey


    Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

    MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey


    MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

  2. #2
    Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Soca Zone
    Posts
    19,659
    Credits
    1,207,562
    I met a guy from St. Kitts, (the only person from St. Kitts I ever met), his accent sounds like he from Guyana.
    Last edited by **Vincy-Soca-Diva**; 08-07-2008 at 03:44 PM.

  3. #3
    I breed Ank Panty Droppa's Avatar Panty Droppa is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    N.Y.C.
    Posts
    16,344
    Credits
    3,051
    i met this guyanese who always sounded like he was drunk



  4. #4
    Registered User Dr Insane's Avatar Dr Insane is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DOWN IN AH DE GHETTO
    Posts
    38,722
    Credits
    3,491,164
    vincy and yardie can get mix up a lil.

  5. #5
    Cervical Cancer MÉCHANT LOUP's Avatar MÉCHANT LOUP is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Black Forest.......
    Posts
    36,268
    Credits
    17,427,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    vincy and yardie can get mix up a lil.

    You raise interesting point...

    I never get a vincy woman confused with Jamaican...its Only the fellas' that come off sounding yardie. I might get the women confused with Grenadian or Trini, or even Guyanese.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

    You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey


    Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

    MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey


    MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

  6. #6
    Moi
    well, what can i say Moi's Avatar Moi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    stupessss
    Posts
    2,758
    Credits
    171,595,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    What Caribbean accents do you get confused...or, is there a region or area of your country that sounds so much like another country's accent.


    Like in H.S. we had a Guyanese classmate, everyone say he sound like a Haitian. Even the guyanese dem would jump on his back bout' he sound like a Haitian.

    Once in a while, I'll come across a guyanese that sound like a Bajan.
    My boy from Wesley, say he caan take people from Roseau accent...they sound like Trinis'.....

    haaa, is they who sounding funny, like from a diff island

  7. #7
    Cervical Cancer MÉCHANT LOUP's Avatar MÉCHANT LOUP is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Black Forest.......
    Posts
    36,268
    Credits
    17,427,584
    Quote Originally Posted by shabine View Post
    haaa, is they who sounding funny, like from a diff island

    who Wesley/Marigot people or the Roseau people.?
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

    You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey


    Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

    MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey


    MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

  8. #8
    Registered User Dr Insane's Avatar Dr Insane is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DOWN IN AH DE GHETTO
    Posts
    38,722
    Credits
    3,491,164
    Well people always confuse me with being Trini. But the people from de country side in Lucia dat speak more patois/creole sound like Dominicans.

  9. #9
    Cervical Cancer MÉCHANT LOUP's Avatar MÉCHANT LOUP is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Black Forest.......
    Posts
    36,268
    Credits
    17,427,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    Well people always confuse me with being Trini. But the people from de country side in Lucia dat speak more patois/creole sound like Dominicans.
    Yeh, met a lucian fella last week...and i'm saying "damn, this n!gga could say he from D.A. and have me fool."
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

    You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey


    Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

    MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey


    MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

  10. #10
    Moi
    well, what can i say Moi's Avatar Moi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    stupessss
    Posts
    2,758
    Credits
    171,595,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    who Wesley/Marigot people or the Roseau people.?
    wesley/marigot/woodford hill, they have their own accent

  11. #11
    Registered User Dr Insane's Avatar Dr Insane is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DOWN IN AH DE GHETTO
    Posts
    38,722
    Credits
    3,491,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Yeh, met a lucian fella last week...and i'm saying "damn, this n!gga could say he from D.A. and have me fool."
    Well maybe he was a country bookie

  12. #12
    Producer JAM CREW's Avatar JAM CREW is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ummm i don't know!!
    Posts
    7,788
    Credits
    1,606,318
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva** View Post
    I met a guy from St. Kitts, (the only person from St. Kitts I ever met), his accent sounds like he from Guyana.
    he from st.kitts but did he say born here? cause we got couple refugee invading de island
    St.Kitts Jam Crew Productions

    like the fan page search for St.kitts Jam Crew Productions

    or hit up on twitter @JAM_CREW

    or email : st.kittsjamcrew@gmail.com

    or soundcloud search for Jam Crew

  13. #13
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    I met ah Vincy girl one time dat did sound Jamaican. Last name was Crooks.

    A girl from Antigua boarded with my grandmother when she was going to UWI... had I not known she was Antiguan I would have taken her for a Jamaican. Last name was Bird. Yes yes ah know... popular Garrat last name dat.

    Now dem never sound like a trench town or mobay Jamaican... doh get mih wrong. They sounded like an uptown Jamaican. A Jamaican minus the patois. Pretty much if you remove the slangs and dialect from all of our accents they become much harder to discern the difference. Is nuff time I used to hear news anchors from other islands sounding just like our news anchors but for the slightest hint of an accent.

    Some Grenadians can sound Trini.

  14. #14
    Registered User Ushawishi is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Malkia
    Posts
    2,492
    Credits
    1,014,660
    Quote Originally Posted by shabine View Post
    haaa, is they who sounding funny, like from a diff island
    technically they from a different island...kokoy is sumfing else i tell u wish I knew some of it.
    Nuff yankees in tell me i sound haitian already.

    Only certain words make me know a lucian.

    As for de ress you all sound the same cept de bajans cuz I have not a clue wat dey saying.
    Last edited by Ushawishi; 08-07-2008 at 04:25 PM.

  15. #15
    Registered User Dr Insane's Avatar Dr Insane is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DOWN IN AH DE GHETTO
    Posts
    38,722
    Credits
    3,491,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    I met ah Vincy girl one time dat did sound Jamaican. Last name was Crooks.

    A girl from Antigua boarded with my grandmother when she was going to UWI... had I not known she was Antiguan I would have taken her for a Jamaican. Last name was Bird. Yes yes ah know... popular Garrat last name dat.

    Now dem never sound like a trench town or mobay Jamaican... doh get mih wrong. They sounded like an uptown Jamaican. A Jamaican minus the patois. Pretty much if you remove the slangs and dialect from all of our accents they become much harder to discern the difference. Is nuff time I used to hear news anchors from other islands sounding just like our news anchors but for the slightest hint of an accent.

    Some Grenadians can sound Trini.
    So true, all West Indian news reporters sound de same.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •