Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abuza

Credits

Abuza

Look out for St, Vincent's most conscious voice at Barbados Reggae Splash. Varadi “Abuzanimah”Cyrus, born on February 6, 1982 to Wayne and Theresa Cyrus and has been blessed with two sisters.

Abuza’s spend 2 years at the St Vincent’s technical and vocational college studying electrical and electronic engineering the final year been the most crucial year when he started to learn the art of guitar playing after being taught just one chord by a friend at college a chord he say still resonates in his mind. This marks as the catalyst for the discovery and dedication to his natural music ability.

Professionally, his first recording was done at First FM (a local radio station) by radio personality and now CBU reporter Chester Connell, these were two classical songs namely “Trying Times” and the perfectly written “Come” which featured Yaphatto. When asked where he gets his musical ideas he humble said “All my songs and melodies are situations and energies experienced and never decided upon or figured out”
    In 2002 Abuza was featured on a compilation produced by Mark Cyrus from the Master Rooms Studio entitled RAW which he voice two of the most requested songs “Changing World” and “Got To Go” he also played the guitar on most of the tracks of RAW.

Abuza have opened for international acts such as Roberta Flack, The Manhattans, Oletha Adams and recently Millie Jackson at St. Vincent’s Bluesfest and shared the stage with numerous regional world class entertainers such as Third World, Jimmy Cliff, Steel Pulse, Freddie Mcgregor, Sizzla, Tanya Stephens, Spragga Benz, Sean Paul, Determine, Junior Kelly, T.O.K., Turbulence, Tony Rebel and quite a few more.

The highly anticipated debut album “Love Til The End”, was released on September 13, 2004 which to date has been the most successful locally produced album. The album includes old favorites such as Got To Go, Love Till The End and Changing World and new hits like the popular Patient Love produced by Classic Vibes (UK) and Loving Is All. This album is a must have for music lovers as it captures the very essence of the birth of a music legend, the media hail it as a collectors item and one of the most unique musical energy to come out of the island in a long time. The music of Abuza will undoubtedly live on due to its simple yet complex realities in the lyric and his soulful energy he puts in all his recordings and performances that would sure to have you in a pensive and sometimes spiritual mood.

Abuza was awarded the “King of Conscious” award at the first annual Hairoun Music Awards Ceremony 2004 held in Campden Park St. Vincent. He was also voted by the young leaders of Georgetown as the conscious voice of today’s youth.

Toppa_Toppa
    Who cares?!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa
    Who cares?!!
    Obviously you do, whether negatively or positively, else you would not comment.

One thing about the HUMAN CONDITION, it never fails to SHED light even under the PRETENSE of a SMILE. :p

vincy_socababy
    he's older than me i doh know him, but i saw him perform at miss big and beautiful. man has a real mellow voice. real rice tone to it. his mommy was one ah de best teachers i ever had.she must be real proud.

The JaM™
    Who cares?!!
    I care... if was some trini tay lay lay ting, I sure you wouldn't have come with that reply. If yuh ain't have nuttin nice to say then don;t say anything at all!

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by VincyJam82
    I care... if was some trini tay lay lay ting, I sure you wouldn't have come with that reply. If yuh ain't have nuttin nice to say then don;t say anything at all!
    Steups girl...

The JaM™
    Steups girl...
    Same ting

Toppa_Toppa
    Same ting

Credits
    LOL...Buh how u on d defense so? Girl take it easy!! lol...like yuh ready tuh fight.
    *Insert cool saying here*

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama_trini
    LOL...Buh how u on d defense so? Girl take it easy!! lol...like yuh ready tuh fight.
    Is so dem Vincy does drop it.

The JaM™
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama_trini
    And the tay lay lay begins...

Credits
    And the tay lay lay begins...
    *Insert cool saying here*

Credits
    Is so dem Vincy does drop it.
    WE do DROP it like it’s HOT..

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    WE do DROP it like it’s HOT..