Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Abused Woman Murdered and Buried by Abuser

  1. #1
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436

    Thumbs down Abused Woman Murdered and Buried by Abuser

    THE BODY of Shennelle Felix was found inside a shallow grave a stone's throw away from a place she considered home yesterday, some two months after she went missing.

    Homicide detectives were led to the makeshift grave by someone Felix, 27, considered her better half.

    The fact that the man who helped search for Felix knew where she was all along shocked everyone.

    "This is a sad day for all women," a villager of Mc Carthy Street in Santa Cruz lamented yesterday, as she waited to see Felix's body removed from the forested area where it was hidden from her loved ones.

    "She (Felix) spent the past few years in a very abusive relationship. She never told us about it, but we saw the signs. She tried to hide the bruises, she wanted to leave but she feared him," Felix's aunt, Kristal De Silva, said at her family's Village Council Street, Laventille home yesterday.

    It all began on a Saturday in September when Felix packed most of her clothes and left her family's Laventille home to spend time with her 22-year-old lover and their three-year-old son Junior Superville.

    Despite taking most of her clothes, Felix assured her family she would return, De Silva said. She never did.

    Felix would regularly spend time at the Santa Cruz home, where her son lived with his father and his grandfather. But the family grew suspicious after a call from Felix's East of Eden workplace revealed she did not come to work for a few days.

    "She never missed a day of work, she would even go to work when she had sick leave," another of Felix's aunts, Maria De Silva, said.

    Suspicion further grew when Felix did not receive her monthly disability cheque. Felix was an epileptic.

    They looked everywhere for her and constantly called the police and asked for the public's assistance to find her using the media.

    Superville's grandfather claimed he saw his son carrying Felix over his shoulder to a nearby river around 4 o'clock one morning. People thought it was just a rumour.

    However, ASPs Stephen Ramsubhag and Johnny Abraham and Inspector Stanley Ramdeen followed the wild tale. On Monday, homicide detectives took the suspect and his 18-year-old friend in for questioning. They revealed the truth, then took the police directly to the grave site yesterday. The suspect confessed that he had beaten Felix to death.

    After some four hours of investigations and digging Felix's body was removed from a three feet deep grave on a river bed. It was the same river where the couple's son was christened. Felix's body was wrapped in two bed sheets.

    Pathologist Dr Hughvon Des Vignes guided the digging operation to ensure Felix's body was not further harmed in its removal. After an autopsy is performed and the cause of Felix's death is known, the two suspects are expected to be charged.



    Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  2. #2
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    This is fucked up on soooo many levels.

  3. #3
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961
    thats sad & unfortunate

  4. #4
    ***//\\*** femmeayitienne's Avatar femmeayitienne is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,328
    Credits
    72,326,384
    i just cant understand how a woman can stay in that situation! it's so sad...and now the son lost both his parents

  5. #5
    Shitsuren Kyuka RenzePenze's Avatar RenzePenze is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft Liquordale
    Posts
    19,556
    Credits
    1,105,770
    Quote Originally Posted by haitiandiva View Post
    i just cant understand how a woman can stay in that situation! it's so sad...and now the son lost both his parents
    I feel like she felt she had nowhere else to go or something. I dunno. I can't understand it. I know first hand that some people try their hardest to lower another one's self esteem though and I guess she got to that point. I want to know what she coudda do so for him to kill her and bury her though...

  6. #6
    ***//\\*** femmeayitienne's Avatar femmeayitienne is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,328
    Credits
    72,326,384
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzePenze View Post
    I feel like she felt she had nowhere else to go or something. I dunno. I can't understand it. I know first hand that some people try their hardest to lower another one's self esteem though and I guess she got to that point. I want to know what she coudda do so for him to kill her and bury her though...
    i thought the article say that she lived with her family or that she used to live with her family...

    its not even about what she did either...it's natural progression! IMO you beat someone enough eventually you gonna kill em...

    technically i understand what causes some women to stay but still i just don't get it

  7. #7
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994
    ARgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    At home where can these women go???!!?!?!?!?!
    Who besides the government can fund these agencies???

    Obviously we need a battered women's shelter and transiton houses.

    I know they have some but it seems like the abusers know where they are and go there and intimidate ppl.
    These places never have enough funding.

    I'm fed up!
    What about the chirren!
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

  8. #8
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    ARgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    At home where can these women go???!!?!?!?!?!
    Who besides the government can fund these agencies???

    Obviously we need a battered women's shelter and transiton houses.

    I know they have some but it seems like the abusers know where they are and go there and intimidate ppl.
    These places never have enough funding.

    I'm fed up!
    What about the chirren!
    The mind set of the people has to change about this subject also, it's still considered some what taboo.

  9. #9
    Shitsuren Kyuka RenzePenze's Avatar RenzePenze is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft Liquordale
    Posts
    19,556
    Credits
    1,105,770
    Quote Originally Posted by haitiandiva View Post
    i thought the article say that she lived with her family or that she used to live with her family...

    its not even about what she did either...it's natural progression! IMO you beat someone enough eventually you gonna kill em...

    technically i understand what causes some women to stay but still i just don't get it
    used to... but after that? She prob was threatened if she leave ... who knows.

  10. #10
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436
    T&T need to have severe punishment in place for abusers.........and punish women who dont want to follow thru with pressing charges.........if there is physical evidence of abuse and/or an allegiation........somebody going to jail...........
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  11. #11
    ***//\\*** femmeayitienne's Avatar femmeayitienne is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,328
    Credits
    72,326,384
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    The mind set of the people has to change about this subject also, it's still considered some what taboo.
    i notice a lot of WI families consider spousal abuse a personal matter btwn husband and wife

  12. #12
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    The mind set of the people has to change about this subject also, it's still considered some what taboo.
    You saying for the ppl who can give funding, change and enforce laws?

    Or you talking about society in general so victims can understand they need to leave and not endure it like its simply something normal that happens between man & woman.

    I understand that the first group is a part of the larger one.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

  13. #13
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    T&T need to have severe punishment in place for abusers.........and punish women who dont want to follow thru with pressing charges.........if there is physical evidence of abuse and/or an allegiation........somebody going to jail...........

    The mind set of the people has to change about this subject first. For example, an atmosphere has to be created in which, women feel comfortable coming forward and talking about abuse.

  14. #14
    Shitsuren Kyuka RenzePenze's Avatar RenzePenze is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft Liquordale
    Posts
    19,556
    Credits
    1,105,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    T&T need to have severe punishment in place for abusers.........and punish women who dont want to follow thru with pressing charges.........if there is physical evidence of abuse and/or an allegiation........somebody going to jail...........
    Do they even have any laws at all on this subject?

    I think TnT needs a whole new revamp one laws and their scope. I remember when they added the law that we as teachers had to make a report if we thought a child might be being abused, people were up in arms that it wasn't any business of the teachers, it's a family thing. WTF!!

  15. #15
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    You saying for the ppl who can give funding, change and enforce laws?

    Or you talking about society in general so victims can understand they need to leave and not endure it like its simply something normal that happens between man & woman.

    I understand that the first group is a part of the larger one.
    I'm saying society has to change as to how they view/deal/approach the subject. There can be a million and one laws on the books, but if women feel too ashamed to come forward, then nothing happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •