Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abu Bakr - charged: 7 charges just laid (Trinidad)

where is the greatest CARNIVAL?..well then yuh find meh!
    Credits

Exclamation Abu Bakr - charged: 7 charges just laid (Trinidad)

those of you keeping up with the news, would have known that he was brought in to CID for questioning...

he was just slapped with 7 charges.....including: inciting violence and holding the nation to ransome.

stay tuned to IMIX MACCO CENTRAL for more info....
    ****If you're over 10 And watch CNN and believe everything
    You're in 2 deep, And your 35 And you still survive, idle pon corner side
    You're in 2 deep (Damian Marley -In 2 Deep)****
    "pitch yuh k.u..nt" (taken from VincyShenny)

sharkie
    i wonder if sending him to jail will do anything.

Credits
    say it aint so

Credits
    will he go to jail??

i mean after the coup in what was it '91.

they tear down the man mosque and had to build it back and all.. i ent know nah. he does get special priveledges in trini if yuh ask me.
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDY MAGYVER
    will he go to jail??

i mean after the coup in what was it '91.

they tear down the man mosque and had to build it back and all.. i ent know nah. he does get special priveledges in trini if yuh ask me.
    i doubt he will go to jail, cuz he always have ppl execute things for him, so i think it will be hard to prove he assigned a murder/bombing/kidnapping.

BUT IF, he does go to jail? will it reduce crime? cuz everybody quick to say, "send abu bakr to jail" or "put him unda de jail house"

Credits
    well if he in jail.. them fellas he did already giving guns too and thing might go on a rampage. not to sy they aint on what i call a rampage already... but say wha.
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

Credits
    for those who missed it..here is the story..

Trinidad Guardian
    BY ROBERT ALONZO

Government yesterday moved hastily to secure the services of senior lawyers to see what charges, if any, can be brought against Jamaat al Muslimeen leader Yasin Abu Bakr, who reportedly said blood might flow if rich Muslims do not pay zakaat—two and a half per cent of their earnings.

Bakr was back in police custody yesterday, the second time in three weeks.

He had been detained for questioning on October 14—moments after the explosion outside of Smokey and Bunty in St James.

A spokesman said lawyers and police investigators were working feverishly late yesterday to see what type of charges could be laid against Bakr.

Bakr remained last night at the Criminal Investigations Department on St Vincent Street, Port-of-Spain, under interrogation for his reported threat against rich Muslims.

The interrogation will continue today, a top officer confirmed last night.

A source said instructions to detain Bakr was given by a top police officer on Monday.

It was shortly after that directive was given that a team of officers from the Western Division went to Bakr’s home at La Puerta Avenue, Diego Martin, around 12.30 am, and detained him. He lives there with his first wife Anisa.

Bakr then contacted his attorney, Pamela Elder, SC.

He was then allowed to drive his own car to the Port-of-Spain CID, where he remained up to late yesterday under questioning by lead investigator Insp Christopher Holder and other officers.

In his Eid sermon last Friday, at his mosque on Mucurapo Road, St James, Bakr is alleged to have warned that blood might flow next year, because his group was moving to collect zakaat from rich Muslims.

The zakaat is the equivalent of the Christian tithe.

He said rich Muslims in T&T were not paying the required two-and-a-half per cent of their earnings, which should go towards easing poverty among the poor and needy.

Police sources said it was as a result of the threat that Bakr was detained for questioning.

In an interview, under detention at CID yesterday, Bakr said his statements did not amount to any threat.

He said: “This is the law (of the Holy Qur’an) and it is in the book. This is theology and it is written in the books”

Bakr said that since early yesterday, he was waiting to be interviewed, but up to noon no officer had spoken with him.

He said he wanted to see on what grounds the police had detained him.

Bakr said that on his arrival at the CID early yesterday, he was not put in a cell.

He said he was allowed to sit in the charge room and officers were treating him very well.

Bakr’s right hand man, Lorris Ballack, said in a news release that Bakr’s detention was an abuse of authority.

The release said: “The council of the Jamaat al Muslimeen views the repetitious and unreasonable detention of its leader Imam Yasin Abu Bakr as nothing less than an abuse of authority and unbridled state harassment.

“No one should deliberately misunderstand and/or misrepresent the Imam’s statement in order to make mischief in the land.”

The Criminal Bar Association also voiced its concern in a statement, calling for a thorough investigation.

The association condemned Bakr’s statements, saying “those charged with the responsibility of upholding law and order in the society have a clear duty to investigate this matter expeditiously and ensure that if any breach of the criminal law is established, steps should be taken to enforce the law.”

It said the “investigation of this matter falls within a very narrow compass, so that citizens are entitled to know, within a relatively short time, what action, if any, the authorities propose to take.”

first off: if was any other citizen, police woulda put them in handcuffs and carry them to the station...so it done obvious he being treated special...

second: it ain't alleged cause it on tape and played at every media house where he did make violent statements....

nonsense.....man...if they had not pardoned him after all the trauma he caused in 1990 and dealt with him then, it wouldn't reach to this ......

Credits
    I guess CARNIVAL should be of PARAMOUNT concern?????

Credits
    hmmmmmmmm

Credits
    ello as long as dem stay down dey so and nah come up ya so me go be fine......ah would never forget when dem mofo's stick me up at gun point fo tief way nah belong to dem...FYAH me say FYAHH!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer
    ello as long as dem stay down dey so and nah come up ya so me go be fine......ah would never forget when dem mofo's stick me up at gun point fo tief way nah belong to dem...FYAH me say FYAHH!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    the charges laid have now been counted as 8...

i'm sure tomorrow morning all the newspapers will have that as headlines......

sorry i can't get my hands on a pre draft to show u guys...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA

serious ting dat!!!!! me study down dey for 4 yrs and dem wait til 3 days before me bring meh tail home fo do me dah....ah been vex! VEX VEX VEX!!!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer
    serious ting dat!!!!! me study down dey for 4 yrs and dem wait til 3 days before me bring meh tail home fo do me dah....ah been vex! VEX VEX VEX!!!!!!!
    Well, it is a GOOD thing that you're HERE to VENT about it, so count your BLESSINGS.

I would have been VEX too.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Well, it is a GOOD thing that you're HERE to VENT about it, so count your BLESSINGS.

I would have been VEX too.

yeah...ah know.....ah used to fantasize about finding dem mofo's sticking their guns up their a$$es and pulling the trigger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast