Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: about Tempo?

  1. #1
    Banned saveoursoca is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    flatbush
    Posts
    7,513
    Credits
    25,986

    about Tempo?

    What will caribbean artist like capelton and sizzla roles be on this station? Just wondering if they would not be allowed to partake in this. And what allyuh views are if they can or cannot

  2. #2
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950
    Quote Originally Posted by saveoursoca
    What will caribbean artist like capelton and sizzla roles be on this station? Just wondering if they would not be allowed to partake in this. And what allyuh views are if they can or cannot

    you bring up such a valid point. I mean this is not Bcat, channel 25, or CIN 73. And I mean I'm sure there are some homosexual men working on that MTV program, they would be the 1st to write dem fellas off. It would be interesting to see the Jamaican/Reggae representation on this channel.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress
    you bring up such a valid point. I mean this is not Bcat, channel 25, or CIN 73. And I mean I'm sure there are some homosexual men working on that MTV program, they would be the 1st to write dem fellas off. It would be interesting to see the Jamaican/Reggae representation on this channel.
    Beres...

  4. #4
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK
    Beres...

    who else??

    we know I-wayne... but what about all those artists who are banned in certain countries like England and overseas. Even though this is a Caribbean based program, I'm sure the powers to be will decide who's on and who's NOT!

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress
    who else??

    we know I-wayne... but what about all those artists who are banned in certain countries like England and overseas. Even though this is a Caribbean based program, I'm sure the powers to be will decide who's on and who's NOT!
    Oh I didnt know you wanted details..

    Glen Washington, Freddi McGreggor, Anthony B, Junior Tucker, TOK, Richie Spice, Bascom X, etc..

    There are a slew of artists and upcoming artists in many different genres of reggae music. Dancehall is juss one..

  6. #6
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK
    Oh I didnt know you wanted details..

    Glen Washington, Freddi McGreggor, Anthony B, Junior Tucker, TOK, Richie Spice, Bascom X, etc..

    There are a slew of artists and upcoming artists in many different genres of reggae music. Dancehall is juss one..

    But we're talking about Danchall. We know about Culture and Lover's Rock, but dancehall is one of the most concentrated genres in reggae, no?

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress
    But we're talking about Danchall. We know about Culture and Lover's Rock, but dancehall is one of the most concentrated genres in reggae, no?
    Actually nah..

    Dancehall is like underground rap. It has it followers makes its own money and can catapult an artist hear and there into the mainstream every once in a while but for the most part its about the people for the people..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •