Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About single parenthood...

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits

About single parenthood...

Someone on my FB had this to say about it in their status....

"What NOT to brag about: being a single parent, but the other parent isn't dead. You chose a deadbeat.... You made dumb decisions DONT BRAG.#lovingthemindoftheprincess"

Your thoughts?
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    wow. thats a terrible thing to say. The person sounds bitter to me...
    I mean sometimes people dont show their true colours till later on and a parent has every right to be proud regardless. smh at that status

Credits
    #lovingthemindoftheprincess? that person have issues lol.. princess and i sure you older than 12.. #FOHWTBS lol...

i mean i get what they saying... i see so many people talkin bout they baby father/mother.. i mean if the other person that bad, then dont mention them..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    That's kinda harsh and everyone's situation is different, you don't know the circumstances behind the person being a single parent (mother or father)...they really say when u assume u make an a$$ of yourself. Smh.

Poca
    I take it that there seems to be a lot of men/women issues in the states. Everything about relationship is always seem to be wrapped in some battle blanket.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    I take it that there seems to be a lot of men/women issues in the states. Everything about relationship is always seem to be wrapped in some battle blanket.
    girlie the fella that made that comment lives IN Trinidad. i was like O_O when i read his comment.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    That's kinda harsh and everyone's situation is different, you don't know the circumstances behind the person being a single parent (mother or father)...they really say when u assume u make an a$$ of yourself. Smh.
    he did make an ass of himself. myself and a few other ladies on his page made sure to point that out.

Poca
    Hum, well don't know!

I find in interesting that people always refer to relationships that ended in such negative ways. Can't people just decide to go their own ways without having a loser? Everything in life have a start and an ending.

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    girlie the fella that made that comment lives IN Trinidad. i was like O_O when i read his comment.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    Hum, well don't know!

I find in interesting that people always refer to relationships that ended in such negative ways. Can't people just decide to go their own ways without having a loser? Everything in life have a start and an ending.
    Exactly! Sometimes relationships just don't work out. I does thank god everyday I have no kids as yet. Esp for my ex boyfriend....lawd knows I might've end up slitting my damn wrists, dat facka was crazy lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by anagirldee View Post
    wow. thats a terrible thing to say. The person sounds bitter to me...
    I mean sometimes people dont show their true colours till later on and a parent has every right to be proud regardless. smh at that status
    I think the person was saying don't be proud of the single part...not to not be proud of the parent part.

But while I know what they getting at, it's misguided to assume every man or woman that is a single parent and the other parent not dead, made a kid with a deadbeat. From you not married and you don't both live in the same household, you're a single parent.

Some single parents are actually all alone with it, and some have the father involved, but they are still SINGLE parents if the other parent not in the same household.

I hope the person who lashed out also realizes some single parents are male, and some may have slept with a deadbeat, some may have had other circumstances. There are plenty bad things that can prevent a parent being around and/or financially around before we get to the death option on the list. Trust.

That said, the parents that are USUALLY bawling loud like true attention whores about their single parent status, ARE USUALLY the ones that fit what that poster lashing out against! Harping on your singleness like a badge of honour when it WASN'T any of the understandable situations why the other parent not inside the home with you, is really sad. Just do your job and talk about your time with your child without harping on how you're doing it alone. Women AND MEN do this...the men actually carry on worse about it because so few men are doing that...

I've been both a single parent and NOT a single parent and nobody ever see me going on and on about the single part...just do weh yuh fi do an hush up it's annoying. Exception is of course when the actual conversation or source of the status (e.g. an article) has to do with single parenting. I'm not saying people can't rightly be happy with what they have overcome, but don't make it out like it's the thing to be cause then you just look mentally unstable.
    Last edited by EloquenceInc; 10-04-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Credits
    He's been watching too much BET or something...then again I don't know of women in the islands to go on and on about their single status as a parent...so whoever he hanging around picking up American cultural bad habits too it sounds like.

Credits

"What NOT to brag about: being a single parent, but the other parent isn't dead. You chose a deadbeat.... You made dumb decisions DONT BRAG.#lovingthemindoftheprincess"

Your thoughts?

and what is wrong with that statement. didn't she make a bad decision in the man she choose.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    I think the person was saying don't be proud of the single part...not to not be proud of the parent part.

But while I know what they getting at, it's misguided to assume every man or woman that is a single parent and the other parent not dead, made a kid with a deadbeat. From you not married and you don't both live in the same household, you're a single parent.

Some single parents are actually all alone with it, and some have the father involved, but they are still SINGLE parents if the other parent not in the same household.

I hope the person who lashed out also realizes some single parents are male, and some may have slept with a deadbeat, some may have had other circumstances. There are plenty bad things that can prevent a parent being around and/or financially around before we get to the death option on the list. Trust.

That said, the parents that are USUALLY bawling loud like true attention whores about their single parent status, ARE USUALLY the ones that fit what that poster lashing out against! Harping on your singleness like a badge of honour when it WASN'T any of the understandable situations why the other parent not inside the home with you, is really sad. Just do your job and talk about your time with your child without harping on how you're doing it alone. Women AND MEN do this...the men actually carry on worse about it because so few men are doing that...

I've been both a single parent and NOT a single parent and nobody ever see me going on and on about the single part...just do weh yuh fi do an hush up it's annoying. Exception is of course when the actual conversation or source of the status (e.g. an article) has to do with single parenting. I'm not saying people can't rightly be happy with what they have overcome, but don't make it out like it's the thing to be cause then you just look mentally unstable.
    +100 Seems to be the in thing these days.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post

Exactly! be a proud parent but dont brag about being a single parent

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    and what is wrong with that statement. didn't she make a bad decision in the man she choose.
    every single parent situation is because SHE chose a deadbeat? plz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast