Thread: about this cost to see mas

Credits

about this cost to see mas

what'z really u'r take on this? miami carn is the only place i heard of where u have to actually pay money 2 njoy carnival. who actually owns/runs the carnival and to where and whom does the money go? (plz share if u have insight)

if this is the case would other carnival associations/state officials follow suit and organize to do the same thing; and is this good/bad for the city and promoting west indian culture?

salt

amprincess
    that is a damn disgrace : enjoying mas should be free! another reason why I don't really care about Miami carnival

Credits
    *SIGH*
    Just another way for people to skim off the top. Once again..when you look behind the scenes, it's all about the money.

Credits
    Miami Carnival is all about the money. How come all the other carnivals in the U.S. can be free to see but not this one. Some charge a small entrance fee to where the vendors are and there is a stage with entertainment. If I am seeing something for my money I don't mind paying a small fee. Miami always gets away with this because many of the attendees are coming from so far away that once they are there they just pay it.

Credits
    I can't stand this foolishness with Miami Carnival. When last I went there were two carnivals and I didn't understand that. Now this year there were three. That's absolutely ridiculous. And then you have to pay to see them. Not me. I know the fetes alone make the trip worth it but what good is "going" to carnival without going to "see" the carnival? Unless I'm playing mas, I'm staying home until they fix that mess!!!

Miss
    Look my thing is I'm sure the entrance fees went to security, cleaning the park up afterwards, towels, and shuttle buses or whatever else. if you dont want to pay dont come or just play mass like I did and get free entrance, free drinks and free food.

Oh yeah for the record this year there was only two carnivals because the other two joined at the last mintue.

Credits
    thanx 4 the responses.

misssextrini - i can c where u'r coming from in terms of monies going 2 security, cleanings and so on. howeva, if not all, a majority of the carnivals in the states have a police presence, clean up crew and more yet still have the carnival for free. my assumption would be that it is not budgeted by the state gov't and there4 need 2 charge the public.

salt

Credits
    I did not go to Miami this year (just came back TnT), so I don't know exactly how things went. But from the past years, the admission price just keeps rising, 5, 7, 12, 20, now really and truly 20 is way to much for me, I'm not paying that, in that case I just chip on the road and hang out outside after.

While I understand that there may be cost associated with the venue, I still say lets not get ridiculus with it.