Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abortion problems...****somewhat graphic****

Credits

Exclamation Abortion problems...****somewhat graphic****

A friend of mine recently had an abortion and called me sobbing after the procedure...she was saying how she was in terrible pain and bleeding heavily...i told her to ask someone there if that was normal...she said she did, but the nurse just told her sometimes that happens and to go and have a seat...I told her to make sure and ask somebody else before you leave. So she speaks to the doctor and they had 2 put her back on the table...I ask her what was their explanation as to why. Apparantly they told her she had PAS and something about her uterus being filled with blood, and that is was rare but it happens.

So she calls me again and recaps de story and I ask her what is PAS...she doh know, and noone would give her an answer...

I really doh know how de ass she left there without somebody telling her something more than that...does anyone know anything about this?

Somebody tell here PAS=Post Abortion Syndrome...what is dat? Is dat like Post partum depression or something?

Credits
    i waiting to hear cause i ent know

Kiz
    Credits
    Yuh see de abortion ting.....ah ent able........ah hope she is ok doh

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryyp2nite
    A friend of mine recently had an abortion and called me sobbing after the procedure...she was saying how she was in terrible pain and bleeding heavily...i told her to ask someone there if that was normal...she said she did, but the nurse just told her sometimes that happens and to go and have a seat...I told her to make sure and ask somebody else before you leave. So she speaks to the doctor and they had 2 put her back on the table...I ask her what was their explanation as to why. Apparantly they told her she had PAS and something about her uterus being filled with blood, and that is was rare but it happens.

So she calls me again and recaps de story and I ask her what is PAS...she doh know, and noone would give her an answer...

I really doh know how de ass she left there without somebody telling her something more than that...does anyone know anything about this?

Somebody tell here PAS=Post Abortion Syndrome...what is dat? Is dat like Post partum depression or something?

woow that is some serious shittt....but sorry i dont know anythings about that...hope someone on here does though....

in my opinion...i think some ppl are just afraid to ask their doctor wat the problem is...me i does annoy the shit out of my doctor....well i does annoy the shit out of everybody...

Credits
    i don't know what that is, and never heard of it before, she better go to the hospital

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    Yuh see de abortion ting.....ah ent able........ah hope she is ok doh

Dats exactly how I feel yes...

It was hard for me to even listen about it, but as her friend I just try and be there to listen and be supportive...but not me and dat atall atall

Kiz
    Credits
    Dats exactly how I feel yes...

It was hard for me to even listen about it, but as her friend I just try and be there to listen and be supportive...but not me and dat atall atall

well her heath and well being in most important now so as her friend continue to support her

if yuh want 2 lock meh up ill be by de kiss cake truck!
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz R
    woow that is some serious shittt....but sorry i dont know anythings about that...hope someone on here does though....

in my opinion...i think some ppl are just afraid to ask their doctor wat the problem is...me i does annoy the shit out of my doctor....well i does annoy the shit out of everybody...
    True

But No I have no Idea what PAS is

Credits

Damn, ah feel sorry fuh yuh friend and ah hope she makes a full recovery. But doing a quick google search turned up this:

What is Post-Abortion Syndrome?
    by Vincenza Carter

Studies by both pro-life and pro-choice groups have shown that the initial impact an abortion has on a woman is one of relief.

Pro-choice studies, though, often fail to follow up on their research beyond the first few months following the abortion. It is usually later on in the woman's life that she begins to feel the grief and pain that her actions have caused. In the first few weeks following an abortion, a woman's mind is usually focused on the relief that her 'problem' has been solved. Later, sometimes with in the year, sometimes not for five to ten years, she begins to experience various forms of post-abortion fall-out: i.e., depression on the anniversary date of the abortion; depression on what would have been the child's birth date; auditory hallucinations of a baby crying; or, vivid dreams of a child in danger.

And according to studies done by the Elliot Institute's Dr.David Reardon, there is a time when the full impact of what a woman has done hits her. Not only is there psychological damage to the mothers themselves, but to children born subsequent to a previous abortion. Women have reported being unable to bond with the living children in a way that is expected. In many cases there is a marked negligence or even over protectiveness. In the extreme cases, child abuse is seen.

How those who support abortion on demand can continue to deny the existence of post-abortion syndrome (PAS), is an easily answered question. If it can be proven that an abortion hurts the mother as well as the child, then the claim that "abortion helps women" becomes a lie. The last thing the choice camp wants us to know is that, from conception, the fate of the mother is so intertwined with that of the child, that hurting one will automatically hurt the other.

On a purely physical level, the mother's body begins to prepare for the birth of this child, from the moment of conception. To terminate the pregnancy abruptly, throws the entire hormonal system of the woman into disarray. It is for this reason that many believe that abortion leads to an increased risk for female cancer.

On the psychological level, no matter how the woman may say she feels about her pregnancy, there is a bond that begins to form. Few women truly believe that the fetus is nothing more that a lump of tissue with no identity. To admit, even in the back of her mind, that she is carrying a baby, is to admit that an abortion would kill her child. Again, while relief may be the first reaction to the abortion, sooner or later the woman is going to start feeling the guilt and pain of being a party to the death of her child.

A question for those who deny that PAS exists: If a woman cannot feel pain and grief for the death of her child due to an abortion, then why do we assume she feels pain and grief due to a naturally occurring miscarriage, taking place at the same point in the pregnancy? In either case a child is dead, but due to abortion, the mother must face the fact that her child is dead by her own "choice." Women who have lost a baby due to miscarriage have been known to bear a sense of responsibility, questioning their every action as a possible cause of death. How much worse would this self-scrutiny manifest in a woman who did cause the death of her child?

Having aborted three of my children, I am a victim of the lie that the choice camp offers. Thanks to a group called Project Rachel, I am recovering from my feelings of guilt and shame, but I will never stop grieving for my children, and for what might have been. To explain my pain away by suggesting that there were other psychological factors in place before my abortions is to deny me the right to regret my decision. It also denies the humanity of my children, by saying that they were not worthy of grief in their own right. I don't care how many degrees or years of education a person has, I will allow no one to attack my rights or those of my children in that manner.

If you are hurting in any way from the effects of an abortion, please seek out the help of those who understand. You do have the right to grieve for your child. You also have the right to heal.

Source: rightgrrl.com

Credits

Lightbulb

yeah ah just found this too...

Post-abortion stress syndrome" PASS or PAS sounds scientific, but don't be fooled it's a made-up term. Not recognized as an official syndrome or diagnosis by the American Psychiatric Association , the American Psychological Association, or any other mainstream authority, it is a bogus affliction invented by the religious right. Those who claim its existence define it loosely as a raft of emotional problems that they say women suffer after having an abortion nightmares, feelings of guilt, even suicidal tendencies and compare it to post-traumatic stress disorder.

Okay...but this now confuses me even more because this has nothing to do with anything physical...so basically it sounds like de dr was just trying to say any old thing to cover up what was really wrong...like a possible mistake by them

Credits
    yeah ah just found this too...

Post-abortion stress syndrome" PASS or PAS sounds scientific, but don't be fooled it's a made-up term. Not recognized as an official syndrome or diagnosis by the American Psychiatric Association , the American Psychological Association, or any other mainstream authority, it is a bogus affliction invented by the religious right. Those who claim its existence define it loosely as a raft of emotional problems that they say women suffer after having an abortion nightmares, feelings of guilt, even suicidal tendencies and compare it to post-traumatic stress disorder.

Okay...but this now confuses me even more because this has nothing to do with anything physical...so basically it sounds like de dr was just trying to say any old thing to cover up what was really wrong...like a possible mistake by them
    Exactly! Dat have here thinkin is de wrong thing ah pull up cause it says nuttin about bleeding profusely.

Credits

what worries me is that there could be some serious problem an de doc seems like he just pacifying her. is there any way she can get a 2nd opinion on other potential causes of post op bleeding?

Credits

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKJOY

what worries me is that there could be some serious problem an de doc seems like he just pacifying her. is there any way she can get a 2nd opinion on other potential causes of post op bleeding?

Well I told to her to try and get a follow-up scheduled with her ob/g asap...so hopefully she's working on that

Credits

exactly, or they add the two together soo quickly so that it seems there is a relation and this will quiet her. I think they made it seem as though the fact that she was crying etc was her suffering from PAS, while they brushed off the totally unrelated fact that she needed to get back on the table cuz her uterus was filled with blood. She needs to be clear in asking them: Why was my uterus filled with blood??? .....since they wanna play slick.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by yanktiguan
    exactly, or they add the two together soo quickly so that it seems there is a relation and this will quiet her. I think they made it seem as though the fact that she was crying etc was her suffering from PAS, while they brushed off the totally unrelated fact that she needed to get back on the table cuz her uterus was filled with blood. She needs to be clear in asking them: Why was my uterus filled with blood??? .....since they wanna play slick.

EXACTLY!!! And da is exactly what I was saying to her, like how could you leave there without the answer...but I guess alot could be going on your mind at that point...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast