Thread: ????

Credits

????

Alcoholics Going To 'Extremes' - Thursday 08, April-2004
    by Adonijah
    PEOPLE are going to extreme lengths to avoid detection of the fact that they consume alcohol.

Phillip Lively, after-sales manager of CMI Inc., manufacturers of breathalyser equipment, told an audience of insurers at the Insurance Corporation of Barbados yesterday, World Health Day, that ingesting alcohol via enema was becoming increasingly popular in the United States, especially among young people.

The reasoning behind using such a measure, he said, was to avoid people picking up the smell of alcohol on the breath.

Another development, he said, was the spread of “oxygen bars”. In these establishments, he said, drinking patrons would enter a cubicle where they would receive a ten-minute blast of oxygen for US$20. This oxygen could be inhaled straight or filtered though water of any desired flavour, he said.

Lively pointed out that people were very mistaken in believing these strategies could make a person become sober quickly.

“Only time eliminates alcohol,” he said, adding that when the oxygen wore off, the alcohol level in the blood remained the same.

Having a shower and drinking coffee are similarly useless in restoring sobriety, said Lively. “All you have is a wet, wide-awake drunk,” he noted.

He pointed out that in the United States, a part from designated drivers, there was now a “home free programme”, where bars and some taxi companies provided free transportation home for patrons who had consumed too much alcohol.

The “ethanologist”, as Lively terms himself, stressed that the introduction of breathalysers did not mean an end to social drinking.

If one had one drink in a hour one would still maintain a level of alcohol in the blood that was lower than the .08 per cent that is likely to be the level at which local law will determine that a driver should not be behind the wheel, he said.

“You can have a drink and drive. The law allows that. It is just asking that people be responsible and avoid driving when under the influence, since alcohol slows the brain’s activity,” said Lively, who is in Barbados at the invitation of the National Council for the Prevention of Alcohol and Drug Dependency.

Credits
    pardon de pun

but y de ass u would want to ingest alcohol thru ur anus
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits
    WTF

Credits
    I'll have my drinks in a glass thanks