Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 8yr old girl raped and now her parents don't want her

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    As soon as I read this article and heard the parents were from Liberia I knew what the out come was going to be, One of my best friends/coworker is from Liberia and things like this runs very deep for the family name, things like this don't only happen in Liberia/Africa it's also very strong beliefs in India and other parts that if a woman/girl is rapped she brings shame to the family name and also no man will ever marry her - in parts of India the women could be stoned or killed for something she didn't even cause on herself.

I will not say the family should be sent back to Liberia because everyone has their own belief, Many people was disturbed and asked me foolish questions when they wanted Elton John banned from coming to perform for the festival in Trinbago, should some Trinidadians, Jamaicans or Caribbean people be sent back home for some beliefs about homosexuality? if they wanted to abandon their son because he turn gay should they be sent packing on the first flight to the WI? I'm not condoning the abandonment of a child for something that's not their fault but even thought people migrate to a different region the culture also migrates it's never left behind - just like the Muslims still want to beat & treat their women disrespectful in Canada and other places doesn't mean it's right for them to practice their culture but again it didn't left them when they step foot off the plane. If they don't want the girl she should be adopted by a family that want's her - it's better they came forward and said the didn't want her than the other alternative - girls in Liberia, sierra Leon, Sudan are also killed in the name of the family. I can't believe I have friends from almost every part of Africa or should I say the world - the stories I heard from places like Iran, sudan, Liberia, Togo LOL could go on and on and on nothing seems to amaze me anymore.
    Ya know what? Before I even click on the thread I knew dem had to be from some place so. You are right about them comin forward to because plenty of dem girls does get killed.

I feel like sometimes we don't open our minds to other peoples beliefs. Now I not sayin that de parents right or that I agree wid dem but what it sounds like when ya say deport dem and send dem back home is like "do as de romans do" If that's the case, If any one of you moved to Liberia and ya daughter get rape would ya disown she? Have her killed? Is what de romans doing so..... De romans would definitely have a field day wid wunna if de tables were turned.
    Love is blind & I don't read brail...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Saga. I understand what you are trying to say, but your examples do not equate to this situation. This girl was attacked and raped by four individuals.
    Yes it's not her fault but deporting the family will not mend the situation, I think the best thing to do is send the whole family to counseling even thought with cultural belief counseling might not make a difference.
    I have a friend from Togo well my son's godfather I should say - he worked hard on getting his wife here and now they just found out that she cannot have kids the natural way - they tried and tried and she were pregnant in her tubes twice. my friend is so distraught that he cannot even think straight, he said because of cultural belief they cannot and will not do anything unnatural to have a baby, I don't understand it but hey that's their belief, if it was me having a kid any which way I can with my wife would of been a blessing but to each his own, back to topic: the girl is already going through a tough time so this one will be kinda of rough to sough through will take some time for the family to cope with a shocking situation like this, hopefully they would come around and accept that this is their daughter no matter what but like I said in Liberian culture this is easier said than done.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet & Dandy View Post
    Ya know what? Before I even click on the thread I knew dem had to be from some place so. You are right about them comin forward to because plenty of dem girls does get killed.

I feel like sometimes we don't open our minds to other peoples beliefs. Now I not sayin that de parents right or that I agree wid dem but what it sounds like when ya say deport dem and send dem back home is like "do as de romans do" If that's the case, If any one of you moved to Liberia and ya daughter get rape would ya disown she? Have her killed? Is what de romans doing so..... De romans would definitely have a field day wid wunna if de tables were turned.
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Yes it's not her fault but deporting the family will not mend the situation, I think the best thing to do is send the whole family to counseling even thought with cultural belief counseling might not make a difference.
    I have a friend from Togo well my son's godfather I should say - he worked hard on getting his wife here and now they just found out that she cannot have kids the natural way - they tried and tried and she were pregnant in her tubes twice. my friend is so distraught that he cannot even think straight, he said because of cultural belief they cannot and will not do anything unnatural to have a baby, I don't understand it but hey that's their belief, if it was me having a kid any which way I can with my wife would of been a blessing but to each his own, back to topic: the girl is already going through a tough time so this one will be kinda of rough to sough through will take some time for the family to cope with a shocking situation like this, hopefully they would come around and accept that this is their daughter no matter what but like I said in Liberian culture this is easier said than done.

Not being confrontational but the family's reaction is not all encompassing of Liberian culture. Most people I know do not see rape as the fault of the victim. Alot of people feel the family should get counseling.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Not being confrontational but the family's reaction is not all encompassing of Liberian culture. Most people I know do not see rape as the fault of the victim. Alot of people feel the family should get counseling.
    You're right. Not all Liberian families like dis but in this case they are so therefore.... and back to my post and such
    Love is blind & I don't read brail...

Credits
    I'm Liberian, no it's not. Something is just wrong with those parents. Plus alot of kids saw things and did bad things during the war and many of those kids have come here.
    Interesting.....

Educate me further.... So this isn't something normal with the Islamic groups?
    Those patents ate just an anomaly?
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by swallow View Post
    I think Carlos story is more sad poor boy being raped too many times by savage black men.
    link please. he older she's young now learning about life.

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Interesting.....

yes please do share DSP

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva** View Post
    yes please do share DSP
    I dont know all the details of the story. Our country is not islamic it is mostly christian and traditional spiritual beliefs. I dno't know the family or their religious affiliation, but just as not all christian groups are the same, not all islamic groups are the same either. Even among muslims NOBODY I know personally sees blaming your daughter after she's been raped as normal. I even know a family that tried to get their daughter's boyfriend arrested(they were both the same age) because they saw them kissing in the house. From the way I heard the sister of the victim speaking, and what I've heard so far I think this family(and probably some others in the area) are not well educated and has probably experienced alot during the war. People from certain areas of the country, who experienced years of war have a different mentality than those of us who had less exposure to that type of environment. I feel they probably need counseling, even before this incident.

Credits
    from the time i read the heading i had a feeling they were from over those sides
    GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Credits
    Sad ;however the reality of living in a multicultural society...

Credits
    why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa View Post
    You sound like an idiot. Thousands of Chinese women were taken and raped by the Japanese and as Rinababy already pointed out the rape of women (and men - in Eastern Europe men were raped in front of their families) is a systematic part of warfare independent of colour, creed, region or religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    Again this is bull crap and shows you have limited knowledge. i grew up around white people both in high school and university and if you dont think that white people engage in the same activities you're extremely naive.
    the reality is that the sins of people of color are always publicized and hyped up more that the sins of "others".
    im not making ANY excuses for savagery. im saying there is enough savagery to go around. Stop trying to pin it all on african people.

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    why bother?
    I dunno, to give the person an opportunity to broaden his/her way of thinking.

Credits
    I dont know all the details of the story. Our country is not islamic it is mostly christian and traditional spiritual beliefs. I dno't know the family or their religious affiliation, but just as not all christian groups are the same, not all islamic groups are the same either. Even among muslims NOBODY I know personally sees blaming your daughter after she's been raped as normal. I even know a family that tried to get their daughter's boyfriend arrested(they were both the same age) because they saw them kissing in the house. From the way I heard the sister of the victim speaking, and what I've heard so far I think this family(and probably some others in the area) are not well educated and has probably experienced alot during the war. People from certain areas of the country, who experienced years of war have a different mentality than those of us who had less exposure to that type of environment. I feel they probably need counseling, even before this incident.
    Thanks for that firsthand info
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Yeah NIca it's no different than when people marry outside their race and the family disowns them and never wants to hear from them again and means it.
    Gal Dem Suga

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456