Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 86 yr old Woman jailed after calling 911 about pizza man

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

86 yr old Woman jailed after calling 911 about pizza man

Woman jailed after calling 911 about pizza man
    Wednesday, May 25, 2005 Posted: 8:41 AM EDT (1241 GMT)

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (AP) -- An 86-year-old woman was jailed after police said she called emergency dispatchers 20 times in a little more than a half-hour -- all to complain that a pizza parlor wouldn't deliver.

Dorothy Densmore was charged with misusing the emergency telephone hotline, jail spokeswoman Mandy Giannini said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver to her south Charlotte apartment, said Giannini. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

It's unusual for someone to face charges for nonemergency calls, Giannini said. But on Sunday, Densmore kept calling 911, even after she was told to stop, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot (1.5-meter) -tall, 98-pound (44.5-kilo) woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the emergency telephone system, jail records show.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (AP) -- An 86-year-old woman was jailed after police said she called emergency dispatchers 20 times in a little more than a half-hour -- all to complain that a pizza parlor wouldn't deliver.

Dorothy Densmore was charged with misusing the emergency telephone hotline, jail spokeswoman Mandy Giannini said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver to her south Charlotte apartment, said Giannini. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

It's unusual for someone to face charges for nonemergency calls, Giannini said. But on Sunday, Densmore kept calling 911, even after she was told to stop, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot (1.5-meter) -tall, 98-pound (44.5-kilo) woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the emergency telephone system, jail records show.
    something have to be wrong with she.

Credits

Lightbulb

Credits
    awwww....she probably has Alzheimer's and that's the only number she remembers besides the pizza parlor. They didn't have to jail her

Credits
    i don't blame her at all. i fed up and stop ordering domino's pizza. i'd call the cops on them for bad service too. and their pizza stinky.

salty

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsalt
    i don't blame her at all. i fed up and stop ordering domino's pizza. i'd call the cops on them for bad service too. and their pizza stinky.

salty

i like domino's

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    awwww....she probably has Alzheimer's and that's the only number she remembers besides the pizza parlor. They didn't have to jail her
    I agree... it has to be something else! 86 years old, come on man... But I think its because she attacked de man! lol

Credits
    for real.....
    Don't chase them replace them.

Credits
    Sit her next to Lionel Tate in the pizza wing

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    Sit her next to Lionel Tate in the pizza wing

...yuh aint right

Credits
    lol...she get tips from the runaway bride
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsalt

salty

yuh know dis is why I cant friggin stan yall sometimes. I just buss ah laugh in de friggin underwriter ear juss now. I was gine hang up on him, but they done knew my name and company, so I had to play it off like I was sneezin or sumthin. steeupss. lemme sign off see...

Credits

lol

Credits
    ...yuh aint right
    so dey say

Credits
    I'm just happy we get scum like this off the streets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast