Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 82% Jamaicans support boycott of T&T products

Credits

82% Jamaicans support boycott of T&T products

Online poll shows 82% Jamaicans support boycott of T&T products

Eighty-two percent of the respondents to an online poll done by the Jamaica Observer has voted in favour of boycotting products from Trinidad and Tobago.

The poll asked, "Should Jamaica boycott products made in Trinidad and Tobago?"

A total of 6,988​ responded.

The Observer published the results of the poll this evening, with 82% yes and 18% saying no.

There has been a push for a boycott of goods from Trinidad and Tobago, in the wake of reports of an increase in the number Jamaicans being denied entry into T&T.

President of the Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica (PSOJ) William Mahfood reportedly said the boycott should be implemented until Trinidad and Tobago honours its obligations under the Caricom Single Market and Economy.

“We need to stand up for our own rights as a country and we need to say to Trinidad, if you don’t allow us access to your country, whether it is to freely move within Caricom (Caribbean Community) then you won’t have access to our market,” Mahfood said while speaking in the aftermath of the denial of entry for Jamaicans at the beginning of April.
    Read More: Online poll shows 82% Jamaicans support boycott of T&T products | CNC3

Credits
    The flip side is that the Jamaicans are not honoring cariocom rules by overstaying six months... No ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    The flip side is that the Jamaicans are not honoring cariocom rules by overstaying six months... No ?
    Yes! but that point always get lost in the argument

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniReporter View Post
    Yes! but that point always get lost in the argument
    Until they get the fuk rid of u
    I am not supporting himix neither and it's all negativity from me
    Fuk u and fuk whoever support your misguided bullshit

Big up me trini fren dem
    The likes of u can fuk the fuk off

Cause all u pushing this division shit for is likes
    And if this how u hood rats doing it

U lost a member who wished the best for himix
    Bunch a fukkin trash
    socapineman and Socapro like this.

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trini Juan View Post
    Until they get the fuk rid of u
    I am not supporting himix neither and it's all negativity from me
    Fuk u and fuk whoever support your misguided bullshit

Big up me trini fren dem
    The likes of u can fuk the fuk off

Cause all u pushing this division shit for is likes
    And if this how u hood rats doing it

U lost a member who wished the best for himix
    Bunch a fukkin trash

It is an interesting topic worth talking about....but yes, these are the types of stories they like to push !

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    It is an interesting topic worth talking about....but yes, these are the types of stories they like to push !
    Commoners can say anything
    Yet gov should be responsible
    And all smart people or those who study history knows what happens when a minority is demonised
    It's reckless

So now if feelings are heightened the common man can be swayed
    The hungry can get angry

So this should not be pushed from high up
    And if so do it with care
    In any case I am against division n for that reason I am done
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    The powers that be need a resolution soon, this is not good for business and emotions….furthermore, it is Trinidad that stands the most to lose here given the trade imbalance!

I would rather see Caribbean unity bet Jamaica and Trinidad than this fight down of two third world country that don’t even have a proper medical system in place or have crime under control!

Also, given, the strong footprint of the 1% from Trinidad owning and doing business in Jamaica, this is not a good look for their “ bottom line”…” profits.”

To top it off….this can escalate very quickly over-night where you have one fool put out a song dissing Trinidad trade imbalance or their products…. it can get violent there for the Trinis living and doing business there….it is just not a good look the longer this go on !

On Twitter, they have now blocked me from sending any more tweets to the PM of Jamaica……my message is simple, there is nothing here to be upset about….they, the Gov’t of Trinidad is stating 20k, out of what, 1.5 Mil, like really….putting a dent in your “ bottom line”…. not counting all the other illegals there from Spics, GT, etc….it is outrageous to single them out ….but, like I stated, laws are laws….I am with Trinidad’s Gov’t on this…” Get The Fcuk out”

I have no issue with that and that was my message to the PM…where is your pride!……fix your shit and question why would Jamaicans want to go live in a perceived better situation in the Caribbean…like, why you want to go and freeload off them..… so this is a pride issue, where I don’t see the JA Gov’t having any fcuking Pride…….regarding creating Jobs,etc.

If am the PM, I would be ashamed and want to fix my economy and sent a charter flight and round them up..and tell them , get the fcuk out…they don’t want you there…where is your pride as a Jamaican……

I am 100% behind any country/island enforcing their immigration laws and denying any country they see as a threat….I am “all in “ Laws are laws…..

Btw..re the poll, it was more inline with the strong Talk from Former National Security Minister Gary Griffith of Trinidad...stating... " ‘Don’t be intimidated by Jamaica’

This was the topic on Talk Jamaica talk show!

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...Jamaica-_58873

The poll is meaningless....everyone knows who Run shit in Trinidad and Jamaica......, guess what....it ain't the poor Blacks that will get caught up in all this poll and making disparaging comments !

If you ask them, the 1% from both sides....it will be the reverse of this poll!

I hope when the fight break out..his punk ass show up and defend his Big talk !
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    T&T PRODUCTS REMOVED FROM GROCERY SHELVES IN JAMAICA

T&T products removed from grocery shelves in Jamaica | CNC3

Credits
    Disparaging comments by a Trinidadian talk show host during his radio programme yesterday are inflaming tensions between the twin island republic and Jamaica even further.

Barrington “Skippy” Thomas is the host of a call-in radio show on Trinidad’s Power 102 FM.

During an exchange with a Jamaican caller yesterday, he referred to Jamaicans as nuisances, pests, and criminal elements.

The tense relationship between Trinidad and Jamaica is a hot topic on the talk radio circuit in both countries.

Emotions erupted during a call from a Jamaican man living in Trinidad to a talk show in that country yesterday.

The man called to complain about the treatment of Jamaicans in Trinidad, saying Jamaicans were being unfairly blamed for crime in the twin island republic, when the host of the programme, Barrington “Skippy” Thomas cut him off.

Thomas then went on a rant, calling on Trinidadian immigration officers to bar Jamaican nuisances, pests and criminals from entering the country.

The comments are likely to inflame Jamaicans, many of whom have complained that Trinidadians don’t like them.

Jamaicans have also been complaining about the treatment meted out to Jamaican nationals denied entry to that country.

Thomas, who is a known political activist of the Opposition United National Congress, UNC, headed by Kamla Persad Bissessar, is not new to controversy.

He was fired as Executive Director in the Ministry of the People and Social Development in 2014, reportedly on the instructions of then-Prime Minister Persad Bissessar, for being – quote – untenable and disgusting.

Trini Talkshow Host Labels Jamaicans ‘Nuisances, Pests & Criminals’ | Nationwide 90FM - Jamaica

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vyenegre Reloaded View Post
    Disparaging comments by a Trinidadian talk show host during his radio programme yesterday are inflaming tensions between the twin island republic and Jamaica even further.

Barrington “Skippy” Thomas is the host of a call-in radio show on Trinidad’s Power 102 FM.

During an exchange with a Jamaican caller yesterday, he referred to Jamaicans as nuisances, pests, and criminal elements.

The tense relationship between Trinidad and Jamaica is a hot topic on the talk radio circuit in both countries.

Emotions erupted during a call from a Jamaican man living in Trinidad to a talk show in that country yesterday.

The man called to complain about the treatment of Jamaicans in Trinidad, saying Jamaicans were being unfairly blamed for crime in the twin island republic, when the host of the programme, Barrington “Skippy” Thomas cut him off.

Thomas then went on a rant, calling on Trinidadian immigration officers to bar Jamaican nuisances, pests and criminals from entering the country.

The comments are likely to inflame Jamaicans, many of whom have complained that Trinidadians don’t like them.

Jamaicans have also been complaining about the treatment meted out to Jamaican nationals denied entry to that country.

Thomas, who is a known political activist of the Opposition United National Congress, UNC, headed by Kamla Persad Bissessar, is not new to controversy.

He was fired as Executive Director in the Ministry of the People and Social Development in 2014, reportedly on the instructions of then-Prime Minister Persad Bissessar, for being – quote – untenable and disgusting.

Trini Talkshow Host Labels Jamaicans ‘Nuisances, Pests & Criminals’ | Nationwide 90FM - Jamaica
    I wonder if this boycott means that Jamaicans gonna stop going to or overstaying in Trinidad also? or is it just a boycott of T&T products? if you gonna start a boycott, I say go full 100 like stop traveling to Trinidad on the whole. show those Trinis a thing of two that you don't need to overstay or better yet travel to their tiny island. after all those smallies don't know their place, if I was a Jamaican national living in T&T I would be so vex bout all this nonsense I would buy a plane ticket and be on the next flight back to Jamaica since trinis don't like Jams.
    Socapro likes this.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    This boycott is as dumb as it comes and will be more hurtful to JA in the long term than it would be to T&T.
    There are over 50,000 Jamaicans currently living and working in T&T so any intended damage to T&T's economy to "teach us a lesson" will also hurt those Jamaicans based in T&T.

With regards to the immigration impasse, less than 4% of Jamaicans are refused entry to T&T annually which is a similar average to any of the other CARICOM countries so why are the Jamaicans getting so hysterical about a few JA citizens who could not prove their upkeep being refused entry as if they are being specially discriminated against?!

Come on my JA brothers and sisters and stop crying victim when you are not being discriminated against compared with any of the other CARICOM territories.

Take a listen to this informative recent discussion on this issue in which the actual JA refusal figures to T&T are quoted.

"T&T & JAMAICA, IMMIGRATION IMPASSE, THREATENED BOYCOTT & THE CSME" PT.3

Brunch at 107.7 with Rennie Bishop featuring Attorney-at-Law Farai Hove-Masaisai.

However I do agree that T&T needs to improve the facilities in which refusals are kept before being flown back to their countries and we also need to treat them much better and humanely during that period but Jamaicans are not discriminated against in this area either as T&T has a record of treating all refusals to our country badly and not just Jamaicans.
    This area of T&T immigration control needs to be drastically improved in regards to how all refusals to T&T are treated and not just Jamaicans and the T&T government urgently needs to tackle this.
    People should not be treated like criminals simply because they did not meet the criteria demanded by our immigration to enter the country.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    18% are traitors
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    This boycott is as dumb as it comes and will be more hurtful to JA in the long term than it would be to T&T.
    There are over 50,000 Jamaicans currently living and working in T&T so any intended damage to T&T's economy to "teach us a lesson" will also hurt those Jamaicans based in T&T.

With regards to the immigration impasse, less than 4% of Jamaicans are refused entry to T&T annually which is a similar average to any of the other CARICOM countries so why are the Jamaicans getting so hysterical about a few JA citizens who could not prove their upkeep being refused entry as if they are being specially discriminated against?!

Come on my JA brothers and sisters and stop crying victim when you are not being discriminated against compared with any of the other CARICOM territories.

Take a listen to this informative recent discussion on this issue in which the actual JA refusal figures to T&T are quoted.

"T&T & JAMAICA, IMMIGRATION IMPASSE, THREATENED BOYCOTT & THE CSME" PT.3

Brunch at 107.7 with Rennie Bishop featuring Attorney-at-Law Farai Hove-Masaisai.

However I do agree that T&T needs to improve the facilities in which refusals are kept before being flown back to their countries and we also need to treat them much better and humanely during that period but Jamaicans are not discriminated against in this area either as T&T has a record of treating all refusals to our country badly and not just Jamaicans.
    This area of T&T immigration control needs to be drastically improved in regards to how all refusals to T&T are treated and not just Jamaicans and the T&T government urgently needs to tackle this.
    People should not be treated like criminals simply because they did not meet the criteria demanded by our immigration to enter the country.
    Hey, you can't genalize that Jamaicans are all hysterical about annual 4% or the last 12 or 7 that was turned back......it is far from that and an insult to hear that coming from another Black nationalist in the struggle !

Which Jamaican , as few as they are posting stating Trinidad is wrong for enforcing their immigration laws ?

Way before this, I was asking the same questions to some Trinis here in America and on imix, you Against Americans, Republicans enforcing their immigration laws while if it was Trinidad, it is ok to send back the " unwanted" but not in the USA........funny how Trinis seek out better living opportunities in USA, UK, Canada, etc.......then turn around and have these militant views went it comes to their home land and immigrants there !

The issues of boycott came, well this current one..damn, just forgot his name, but he was pointing out the trade imbalance between Trinidad and Jamaica, google it if you don't believe me......The trade imbalance is like $7 to $1 in favor of Trinidad, meaning Jamaica is importing far more goods from Trinidad, this is basic economics , who will get hurt hurt here, it won't be Jamaica !

It will be the 1% of Rich Trinis that own these corporations and the coffer of the Trinidad Govt.

Jamaica can just say, ok, we will buy these products from Mexico, USA, or Venezuela.

You do realize they have a lot of Trinis living in Jamica also ! I don't know where you get the numbers...but let say, 50k have work permit to work in Trinidad , I don't get you...if you can expound.......what, I am certain if these JAs are there working, what, they pumping gas, or playing watchman..security guard........,labor work, etc.....meaning, they ain't getting paid.....so from an economical point of view, how will 50k JAs working in Trinidad make it worse for JA if they boycott ?

The issue that logical ppl, not just Jamaicans have is this....per :

Gary Griffith the former National Security Minister , correct his figures or if I am misquoting him.....

25k illegals in Trinidad from Guyana , 19k From Jamaica, etc.....

So why not address all illegals vs single in out the JA s.......is it that the majority of GT are Indians, hence, they are viewed as less of a problem ?

If, so, who will this come back to bite....the black Trinis living there, because their fight down against the JAs will only empower the Indians
    There and increase their voting power !

These two fool fool, third World countries need to sit down and work out their differences , we all need to work together !

In all of this, I blame the Jamaica Govt for not providing ample jobs, growth opportunities for the young and who want to work......to say you going to another Caribbean island , outside of trying to escape crime, but to work for pennies or to go " freeload" off a system....to me is laughable ....I would rather keep my pride than subject myself to that b.s.

Credits
    Y'all don't get fed up of the same thing? Guyanese get deported all the time difference is Guyanese don't act all entitled and go back to Georgetown saying trinis grudge them and hate them. Trinidad has always been a free for all and with the money drying up things are about to change. Now maybe everyone will be running to Guyana.

Credits
    Hey, you can't genalize that Jamaicans are all hysterical about annual 4% or the last 12 or 7 that was turned back......it is far from that and an insult to hear that coming from another Black nationalist in the struggle !

Which Jamaican , as few as they are posting stating Trinidad is wrong for enforcing their immigration laws ?

Way before this, I was asking the same questions to some Trinis here in America and on imix, you Against Americans, Republicans enforcing their immigration laws while if it was Trinidad, it is ok to send back the " unwanted" but not in the USA........funny how Trinis seek out better living opportunities in USA, UK, Canada, etc.......then turn around and have these militant views went it comes to their home land and immigrants there !
    Regards to me generalizing about Jamaicans getting hysterical I guess its a bit of an exaggeration but I was not necessarily referring to Imix but to various websites on social media and Jamaican news paper boards like the Jamaican Observer, etc.

To be honest with you I have been trying to put the accurate stats out there because one would believe that Jamaicans are being picked on when the refusal stats based upon the video interview that I posted above tells us that Jamaicans are not being discriminated against when compare with refusal percentages for other CARICOM territories.

But you are correct regards the hypocritical arguments of many Trinis regards allowing immigrants to come freely to America when compared to their views on controlling immigrants coming to T&T.

The issues of boycott came, well this current one..damn, just forgot his name, but he was pointing out the trade imbalance between Trinidad and Jamaica, google it if you don't believe me......The trade imbalance is like $7 to $1 in favor of Trinidad, meaning Jamaica is importing far more goods from Trinidad, this is basic economics , who will get hurt hurt here, it won't be Jamaica !

It will be the 1% of Rich Trinis that own these corporations and the coffer of the Trinidad Govt.

Jamaica can just say, ok, we will buy these products from Mexico, USA, or Venezuela.
    I think it was a white JA buisness man called William Mahfood who called for the boycott by Jamaicans.

Your point about the $7 to $1 trade imbalance between T&T and Jamaica is correct and needs to be addressed. I don't agree with you'll using an unrelated Immigration issue as a reason to boycott T&T goods though. Your JA politicians and business people need to do a better job at the CARICOM negotiation table for Jamaica where trade agreements with your CARICOM partners is concerned.

You do realize they have a lot of Trinis living in Jamica also ! I don't know where you get the numbers...but let say, 50k have work permit to work in Trinidad , I don't get you...if you can expound.......what, I am certain if these JAs are there working, what, they pumping gas, or playing watchman..security guard........,labor work, etc.....meaning, they ain't getting paid.....so from an economical point of view, how will 50k JAs working in Trinidad make it worse for JA if they boycott ?

The issue that logical ppl, not just Jamaicans have is this....per :

Gary Griffith the former National Security Minister , correct his figures or if I am misquoting him.....

25k illegals in Trinidad from Guyana , 19k From Jamaica, etc.....

So why not address all illegals vs single in out the JA s.......is it that the majority of GT are Indians, hence, they are viewed as less of a problem ?

If, so, who will this come back to bite....the black Trinis living there, because their fight down against the JAs will only empower the Indians
    There and increase their voting power !
    Yes I do realize that there are a lot of Trinis living in Jamaica but it will be interesting to get the accurate figures and especially how many are living and working in JA illegally and hence not paying taxes.

I think Gary Giffith's figures of 19k illegal Jamaicans in T&T was from 2013 and the figure has since increased to over 20K.

I estimated the figure of over 50,000 Jamaicans currently living and working in T&T from the fact that for every Jamaican who might have overstayed their time and gone illegal in T&T there are at least 1 to 2 Jamaicans who have their papers in order and are working in T&T legally. Many of these are the more professional Jamaicans who have their business organised and so have indefinite stay in T&T because of their professional status.

I agree with your point that the JA boycott will hurt the richer Trinis in T&T more than the regular working Trinis.

Regards your believe that T&T immigration is singling out Jamaicans and not the Guyanese for example, I don't think the percentage refusal stats for Guyana which is similar to Jamaica's supports your theory. However it is possible that the Guyanese being refused entry more regularly are the Afro-Guyanese but since race of individuals is not given in the stats there is no way I can confirm that.

These two fool fool, third World countries need to sit down and work out their differences , we all need to work together !

In all of this, I blame the Jamaica Govt for not providing ample jobs, growth opportunities for the young and who want to work......to say you going to another Caribbean island , outside of trying to escape crime, but to work for pennies or to go " freeload" off a system....to me is laughable ....I would rather keep my pride than subject myself to that b.s.
    I fully agree with last section of your post that I have quoted.

Lets hope the two governments sit down and work things out to the advantage of both countries economies as Black people in both countries are still the ones being made to suffer the most anyway we look at it.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast