Thread: 50 Cent, Game call a truce

joon-yah

50 Cent, Game call a truce

By Glenn Gamboa
    STAFF WRITER

March 9, 2005, 11:19 AM EST

Rappers 50 Cent and The Game have called a truce.

After battling it out verbally and seeing their entourages have a skirmish and shoot-out in front of radio station Hot 97 last week that injured one of The Game's friends, the rappers plan a joint appearance this afternoon in Manhattan to announce a public halt to their disagreement. They will make charitable donations to both the Boys Choir of Harlem and the Compton Unified School District Music Program, according to a joint press release issued by Interscope Records.

"I'm launching a new foundation, the G-Unity Foundation, Inc., to help people overcome obstacles and make a change for the better in their lives -- to help them overcome their situations," 50 Cent said in a statement. "I realized that if I'm going to be effective at that, I have to overcome some of my own. Game and I need to set an example in the community."

The Game, a Compton, Calif., native, said he hopes that ending their beef will set an example. "I see this as a real opportunity to show the power of our community," he said in a statement. "50 and I are proving that real situations and real problems can be solved with real talk. This can also be seen as a big step for my organization, Black Wall Street, in terms of making a difference. Maybe we can help save some lives -- the way rap music saved mine."

Their appearance comes on the heels of today's announcement that 50 Cent's "The Massacre" is the No. 1 album in the country, selling about 1.1 million copies between Thursday and Sunday.

Earlier this week, 50 Cent said those who called his entire battle with The Game a publicity stunt were "ignorant." He said the publicity surrounding his high-profile battles, while it may help his album sales, "hurts all my other ventures," including his G-Unit clothing sales, tennis shoe deal with Reebok and line of beverages. "I make more money away from music than I do from music," he said.
    Copyright 2005, Newsday, Inc.

Indianute
    Quote Originally Posted by joon-yah
    By Glenn Gamboa
    STAFF WRITER

March 9, 2005, 11:19 AM EST

Rappers 50 Cent and The Game have called a truce.

After battling it out verbally and seeing their entourages have a skirmish and shoot-out in front of radio station Hot 97 last week that injured one of The Game's friends, the rappers plan a joint appearance this afternoon in Manhattan to announce a public halt to their disagreement. They will make charitable donations to both the Boys Choir of Harlem and the Compton Unified School District Music Program, according to a joint press release issued by Interscope Records.

"I'm launching a new foundation, the G-Unity Foundation, Inc., to help people overcome obstacles and make a change for the better in their lives -- to help them overcome their situations," 50 Cent said in a statement. "I realized that if I'm going to be effective at that, I have to overcome some of my own. Game and I need to set an example in the community."

The Game, a Compton, Calif., native, said he hopes that ending their beef will set an example. "I see this as a real opportunity to show the power of our community," he said in a statement. "50 and I are proving that real situations and real problems can be solved with real talk. This can also be seen as a big step for my organization, Black Wall Street, in terms of making a difference. Maybe we can help save some lives -- the way rap music saved mine."

Their appearance comes on the heels of today's announcement that 50 Cent's "The Massacre" is the No. 1 album in the country, selling about 1.1 million copies between Thursday and Sunday.

Earlier this week, 50 Cent said those who called his entire battle with The Game a publicity stunt were "ignorant." He said the publicity surrounding his high-profile battles, while it may help his album sales, "hurts all my other ventures," including his G-Unit clothing sales, tennis shoe deal with Reebok and line of beverages. "I make more money away from music than I do from music," he said.
    Copyright 2005, Newsday, Inc.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......
    BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i was hoping things will blow up into a big war like tupac and biggie! hip hop needs more drama! truce or no truce.....50 cent is a dead man walking!

Credits
    HOw convenient that they came to this "truce" after 50's album dropped and sold about a million copies :rolleyes Who do these a$$holes think they kidding!! Boy they really take the public for a bunch of jacka$$es!!
    Having said that that song they have together Love It or Hate It as a former hip hop fiend that song takes me back to the early 90's when hip hop was BOSS!! I think its the beat!!

the intermittent imixer! JamaicanMeSexy's Avatar JamaicanMeSexy is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy
    HOw convenient that they came to this "truce" after 50's album dropped and sold about a million copies :rolleyes Who do these a$$holes think they kidding!! Boy they really take the public for a bunch of jacka$$es!!
    Having said that that song they have together Love It or Hate It as a former hip hop fiend that song takes me back to the early 90's when hip hop was BOSS!! I think its the beat!!

thank you!!! who didn't know it was a publicity stunt?? as for hip hop needing big beef, I don't think so... musical beef that's reasonable can produce good music (ie jay-z v. nas= ether), but the personal stuff just makes us look ignorant... like violent criminals. we don't need anybody else substantiating stereotypes.