Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 3rd Grade is key to incarceration

Credits

3rd Grade is key to incarceration

So I found out from a school administrator that 3rd grade attendance across the US is what determines future jailbirds. Children with poor attendance in this particular grade are most often the ones that in later years end up in prison. It is the very reason why standardize testing gets heavy in 3rd grade.

"According to Superior Court Judge Gloria Rhynes, it is third grade truancy rates! Yes, the prison system analyzes school attendance rates of third graders to decide how many will end up in prison!"
    A.K.K.S. likes this.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Help me out Big Boss... what age is your average third grader?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Help me out Big Boss... what age is your average third grader?
    8 going on 9
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    wda? Who cuts 3rd grade? What they doing hanging out at The Lil Gym or an ice cream shop?
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    wda? Who cuts 3rd grade? What they doing hanging out at The Lil Gym or an ice cream shop?
    Nothing to do with cutting. At that age is more about parents irresponsibility. But from the discussion I had it seems like this method really works. So for parents who lets say wake up late an eh feel like rushing and keep the child home, they setting up their child to fail in life. The attendance from third grade reflects kids who develop truancy habits and often drop out or fail to graduate as well. It is also notable that these poor practices occur the highest in urban areas.
    mz_JazE and Catracha305 like this.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    They looking at problems staying on grade level in subjects and problem children too.

But black people had this twisted years ago to say they purposely plan the jail spaces based on the number of black kids enrolled.

See how black people change up tings? If is mostly black children giving problem or not fitting in with how U.S. society behaviour standards find acceptable, then of course it will seem that way but they didn't design it for black people, black people just falling in it more than others.

And kids can have attendance problems if the parents are having trouble getting them to school. The households these kids come from and situations there are the issue, and truancy is something social workers often use as cause to go investigate the state of the household.
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    They looking at problems staying on grade level in subjects and problem children too.

But black people had this twisted years ago to say they purposely plan the jail spaces based on the number of black kids enrolled.

See how black people change up tings? If is mostly black children giving problem or not fitting in with how U.S. society behaviour standards find acceptable, then of course it will seem that way but they didn't design it for black people, black people just falling in it more than others.

And kids can have attendance problems if the parents are having trouble getting them to school. The households these kids come from and situations there are the issue, and truancy is something social workers often use as cause to go investigate the state of the household.
    The thing is, it doesn't matter what the reason is behind the poor attendance. As long as it's poor in that particular grade there is a 90+ % chance that child grows into a problem child and ends up in jail in the future. And I hate that it has a racial element to it but white people are less likely to have thir children stay home for insignificant reasons. No sniffling and saying mommy I feel sick shit. Take yuh ass to school!
    ladyrastafari and mz_JazE like this.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bo$$ View Post
    8 going on 9
    Thanks.

Credits
    That said, there IS a tendency to assume and expect the worst of black children, especially black boys. That is partly why nuff people from African countries, especially in highly urban areas, starting to send their kids back home to school. Avoid the racism that underlies the execution of the system (which is different from saying the system planned some element of it to apply only to a particular race), and have them going school in an environment where other parents are of the same class and culture and therefore you are not fighting a bunch of unknown forces in the form of the type of kids your child must deal with and feel peer pressure from when they head to a U.S. public school. Indians do that too.

REALLY critical what school your child develops in during their educational years. Single parents need their children in WELL BEHAVED schools more than ANYone else cause there is only one of you and is too much to correct a bunch of bad ish everyday when the child reach home...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bo$$ View Post
    The thing is, it doesn't matter what the reason is behind the poor attendance. As long as it's poor in that particular grade there is a 90+ % chance that child grows into a problem child and ends up in jail in the future. And I hate that it has a racial element to it but white people are less likely to have thir children stay home for insignificant reasons. No sniffling and saying mommy I feel sick shit. Take yuh ass to school!
    Yeah I hate how it ends up a racial thing too. Black people do have more troubling home lives than whites but at the same time, if they realize they not getting done what they need to do, then it means however things being done need to change. I remember a black guy from Jersey that moved his son all the way to the bush of Florida where I was to get him away from NYC metro's hood life. His son asked him when they arrived where were people going to run from the cops, there were no alleys. smh That's what he wanted to get out of his son's head. And it wasn't that easy on him cause it was hard to find a job and sometimes I would see the kid and he needed a haircut, but you know what, I rated him so much more for that drastic move to basically save his son's life (said mother was "a bird" and had no ambition, he offered to pay for her to go school when he was still in his life of crime up north and she wouldn't do it, and she didn't want him to stop doing what he was doing either cause she liked the money, really weird and sad)....I rather see him than a guy who's kid is "fresh to death" and a miniature criminal in the making with the lifestyle he thinks is the norm.

Blacks use to have extended family support and the lack of that I think is messing us up...Hispanics are overall low income as well but they have that extended family support. And how many times we see the techie Indian guys working and mommy, grandma, grandpa out walking their kids and waiting on the kids to get off the school bus? There's an Indian grandparent couple that does the school bus routine everyday, I'm pretty sure the parents are at work, unless the mother is in the house with an even littler one. They all under the same roof in both cases, that is a LOT of help.

Black people not trying to live all under one roof and cut expenses, they trying to live big and individual like white people and the economics and how we succeeded before just does not support that yet.

Makes no sense unless somebody or bodies abusive or unsafe somehow...combine. Don't send the kids over to grandma's to pressure her by herself, move grandma and grandpa in and they can cook food and supervise while you out working your 2 and 3 jobs. If the family is the toxic one then find substitutes...

cause that's a major part of the problem...other groups have their immediate families to help, in a lot of black people's cases, it's the family itself that is toxic and needs to be amputated out of the equation. It's just rough. But they have to have a goal and try sort it out, don't just let sh*t keep happening to drag their child's life down.
    ladyrastafari likes this.

Credits
    hmm interesting lol. i remember one dude in my cousin third grade class cutting class. and sure enough, that dude went to jail..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    hmmmmmmmm

Black Madonna
    you didnt know that? that is how they determine where prisons get built, etc, etc

Credits
    that is kinda sad.. in my household you'd better be sick almost to ER level because you stayed home for NO reason... none. lol...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Good info.....

Is this common knowledge for school administrators?
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast