Thread: $30 Company Lunch

Credits

$30 Company Lunch

So someone is leaving our department here at work and we have been invited to take her to lunch. I really like the woman and will miss her. However, I don't like these company lunches that involve me ordering a entree I can afford and everyone going crazy and ordering drinks, etc. In the end the bill is divided equally and I always end up putting in atleast $30, usually more, so today I will stay at my desk and call a couple people while everyone else spends their money on greasy Mexican food and expensive drinks that taste like shite!!!!

These people think I have money to waste or what?

And don't think they not collecting more money to give her a gift. I contributed $15 towards the gift and plan on taking a quick trip to the microwave to warm up my lunch I brought from home. I don't mean to seem cheap but I just can't take the foolishness sometimes. All this money on lunch and then when she leaves no one will even keep in touch with the woman.

Steups!!!!!!!

Credits
    girl yuh aint bein cheap yuh bein SMART
    trus me some people does jus spend $ like it grow in dey backyard... well I live in an apt and we aint got no backyard so ya I aint got no $ trees so ah woulda do de same blasted ting...lol

Credits
    Someone here is always leaving...This weekend is a party & I'll bring a dish, but no way am i contributing to the gift. There's a work party every week almost(someone graduating, quitting, birthday, etc.)

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits
    at my job the closest we does ever get to a party is

red/white wine, cheese, crackers, nuts, fruit salad.....

and it is all paid by the manager....

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits
    Originally posted by clchick
    at my job the closest we does ever get to a party is

red/white wine, cheese, crackers, nuts, fruit salad.....

and it is all paid by the manager....

oh yeah and whenever they having a eat ut lunch...unless I am invited I do not go...cause ah does bring meh lunch from hom eon most days neways...and the money they spending for me to eat...they could add it to meh paycheck at the end of the month....I have other things to do with it than to buy some nasty tasting food that I doh even know the name of...

Credits
    I'm so sick of that here! Every month is some foolishness. Somebody b'day! Somebody wedding etc. It does cost me to come to work sometimes. And is the same chick who handles it. She have no class, "Robber, where's your money. You owe me!"
    "I owe you money?!! I borrow money from you?!!" I does tell them that I an I is Rastafari and we doh believe in dem tings.

Credits
    My line...."oh dem leaving?, well ahhh...I bring my lunch today"