Thread: 3 strikes law

Credits

3 strikes law

Do you think it is too harsh>? ..Was watching HBO Real Sports with San Quentin and this guy say he doing 50 to life for a robbery or attempt robbery because it was his 3rd strike....the previous 2 was of the same nature. Imean some people never learn, but what u think

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Fugitive
    Do you think it is too harsh>? ..Was watching HBO Real Sports with San Quentin and this guy say he doing 50 to life for a robbery or attempt robbery because it was his 3rd strike....the previous 2 was of the same nature. Imean some people never learn, but what u think

I mean that's it in a nutshell so yes...i do agree with 3 strikes and your out. The only adjustment i think should be made to the law, is that it should apply to only SERIOUS felonies only. For example, i don't think someone who is guilty of opening another persons mail (a felony) should have that counted as a strike. However, robbery, assault and the like are crimes that we shouldn't tolerate as repeat offenses. We would all hope that the gov't attempted to rehabilitate these offenders but, that is just wishful thinking.

Credits
    i believe in it. all too often these fools out here committing crimes have zero intentions of stopping. then when a judge throws the book at them and they get 25-life, they want to cry "injustice". gimme a blasted break. you knew when you robbed the liquor store that it was wrong. you knew when you shot at your neighbor, it was wrong. now after you get caught selling drugs you want to complain that the law needs to be changed? nope, sit yuh tail in jail and think about what changes YOU needed to make in your life. steups.

Credits
    is the sentence automatic or after the third strike you are at the judge's will.. either way after the first knock.. you should be able to ask yourself whats really good..

Credits
    that's good for he scunt, him must stop thief, let he go try that shit in jail, see wha deh do wid he rass in deh

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cease10
    that's good for he scunt, him must stop thief, let he go try that shit in jail, see wha deh do wid he rass in deh

buh eh eh