Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2018 World Cup Thread

  1. #1
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848

    2018 World Cup Thread

    opening game , Russia vs Saudi

  2. #2
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    1-0 Russia in lead,

    Russia not doing anything special, Saudi defense is just thrash

  3. #3
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    Russia wins opening game 5-0
    Lopsided game, Russia in control for most of it, Saudi defense was terrible all game

  4. #4
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848

  5. #5
    Sagattarius notorious saga's Avatar notorious saga is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    OnYuhMuddaBamsie
    Posts
    10,175
    Credits
    37,899,022
    So far the big dogs been a big disappointment. I think they all going into this WC thinking it will be a walk in the park, the small teams have done their home work - they will defend to the death and ketch you on the counter.

    Never underestimate your opponent.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

  6. #6
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    Only two exciting matches so far in the world cup. Mex vs Germany and Spain vs Portugal.

    we wont see the true identity of each team until after their second game so expect Argentina, Brazil and Germany to play to their true strength in their second games

  7. #7
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    So far the big dogs been a big disappointment. I think they all going into this WC thinking it will be a walk in the park, the small teams have done their home work - they will defend to the death and ketch you on the counter.

    Never underestimate your opponent.
    Keep in mind Spain lost their first match and went on to win the 2010 World Cup. So don't read much into first matches

  8. #8
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    2010 World champion Fabregas says Germany is walking a tight rope and talks about why the big stars including Ronaldo have failed to shine thus far

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44567806

  9. #9
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848

  10. #10
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniReporter View Post
    Only two exciting matches so far in the world cup. Mex vs Germany and Spain vs Portugal.
    You can add the recent Germany vs Sweden match to that list. That last minute goal from Germany to end the game was special. Never count out the Germans

  11. #11
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    Some interesting tingz

    No African team advanced from the group stage (ah not surprised)

    This could possibly be both Messi and C Ronaldo last World Cups, both men failing to win the cup in their career

    Mexico has reached the round of 16 for the fifth straight time and each them in the past they've been knocked out at this stage

    Germany joins the last three previous World Cup defending champions who failed to advance from the group stage in their following world cup

  12. #12
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848

  13. #13
    Registered User biggadon is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on de water
    Posts
    709
    Credits
    4,422,823
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniReporter View Post
    Some interesting tingz

    No African team advanced from the group stage (ah not surprised)

    This could possibly be both Messi and C Ronaldo last World Cups, both men failing to win the cup in their career

    Mexico has reached the round of 16 for the fifth straight time and each them in the past they've been knocked out at this stage

    Germany joins the last three previous World Cup defending champions who failed to advance from the group stage in their following world cup
    wha you mean no AFRICAN TEAM advance.....what the hell is France?

  14. #14
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    prediction France 2-0 Croatia

  15. #15
    Registered User TriniReporter's Avatar TriniReporter is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,378
    Credits
    41,538,848
    wha you mean no AFRICAN TEAM advance.....what the hell is France?
    France is a team with ALL their players born in France and developed their football in France

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •