Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2014 Travel plans

Credits

2014 Travel plans

2013 half done. I might have two more trips before the end of the year but they are not certain.

Where are you planning to go next year?

I am hoping to visit our neighbor to the south, Mexico, for the first time next year. If I can't find someone to go with me, then I will go with a tour. I am not afraid of the violence and I am hoping to get some cheap deals. Maybe I can practice my Spanish and eat some real Mexican food.

Also, I feel the urge to make it to at least two Caribbean carnivals. Maybe Cropover and Trinidad or maybe Vincy Mas.

Credits
    I will most definitely go to Iceland. I would also want to visit Norway but I'm not sure if it will really be feasible.
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Credits
    Mexico is quite a big country. Do you have a specific region in mind. I know people from Chiapas and Puebla and from the pictures they look very nice.

Also if you are not afraid to travel alone then, you might not be afraid to try couchsurfing. I think it will be better than going on a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    2013 half done. I might have two more trips before the end of the year but they are not certain.

Where are you planning to go next year?

I am hoping to visit our neighbor to the south, Mexico, for the first time next year. If I can't find someone to go with me, then I will go with a tour. I am not afraid of the violence and I am hoping to get some cheap deals. Maybe I can practice my Spanish and eat some real Mexican food.

Also, I feel the urge to make it to at least two Caribbean carnivals. Maybe Cropover and Trinidad or maybe Vincy Mas.
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Credits
    be careful in mexico.. don't play indiana jones there...

but i plan to hit up Brazil, Montreal (if i dont go this year but winter is approaching so this idea is rapidly dying )and possibly Europe-

Grenada and St Lucia i think as well.. plus lil trips in the US/region

for the end of this year, Chicago, Vegas and LA .. and maybe Houston and NOLA... i feel travelled out though..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    supposed to head back to Europe with my cousin next year...not sure what country....

thinking i may want to go alone though...me traveling with females never work out well....

Turning 40 and want to treat myself to an EXCURSION....hopefully between now and then, i find a dude whose company i value enough to want to accompany me....otherwise i may just go solo

also want to do Chile and Argentina....we'll see though
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Winter is really not that bad. It snows much much less than before and the temperature is good as long as you have a good winter coat (not only a stylish one). Actually fall is a very nice time to visit. That is if you like the "nature stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    be careful in mexico.. don't play indiana jones there...

but i plan to hit up Brazil, Montreal (if i dont go this year but winter is approaching so this idea is rapidly dying )and possibly Europe-

Grenada and St Lucia i think as well.. plus lil trips in the US/region

for the end of this year, Chicago, Vegas and LA .. and maybe Houston and NOLA... i feel travelled out though..
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Credits
    - St. Lucia Jazz Festival
    - Mallorca (Balearic Island)
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Besides my usual trips back home, I'm trying to make this Marseille trip with my cousins and Hong Kong with some friends. That's all subject to change of course.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    Iceland?!! I became obsessed with Iceland after spending a long layover in the Reyjavik airport. Would love to see it some day.

I just met a (hot) guy from Norway last month. He is the first Norweigan that I have ever met. Definitely would love to visit, IN SUMMER.

I just got back from Europe but traveling just makes me want to travel more. I don't do it enough to get tired.

Yes, thanks for the tip about Couchsurfing. I am a couchsurfer although I am too chicken to stay with people. I invite travelers to stay with me but when I travel I do hotels. It might be doable for Mexico, though, if I can find a female host with a nice place. I have always wanted to visit Merida but everyone from Mexico swears that his or her region is the best. At this point, I will take what I get. My top pic would be a small city with a strong native Mexican culture but if I have to settle for an Americanized border town, I will take it.

I visit Montreal fairly often. Its nice. Definitely gets cold in the winter but not much more so than say Boston, I think.

I have never been in Asia, Africa or South America so I would like to touch on those continents but I don't know if it will happen. I have Hong Kong, Beijing, Cameroon and Peru in mind without definite plans.

Traveling alone is something I do 25% of the time. It has its advantages. Even time I travel with someone, I sometimes wish I was alone at least for a portion but when I am alone I often feel lonely. Even to get a photo of a landmark with someone is worth the annoyance of my friend/relative/boyfriend.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post
    - St. Lucia Jazz Festival
    - Mallorca (Balearic Island)
    what's poppin' over there?

i was thinking of making a thread asking about different destinations....want something special for my 40th
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Miami
    New York City
    Washington, D.C.
    Orlando

I don't have meh papers
    A.K.K.S. and mz_JazE like this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    what's poppin' over there?

i was thinking of making a thread asking about different destinations....want something special for my 40th
    I originally wanted to do Mykonos (Greek Isles)..but the time spent in transit, I'm just not mentally ready for.

So I chose Mallorca, known for nightlife like the other island Ibiza. It has tons of gorgeous beaches to chose from and just relax if you not down for the party scene.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    If you are too worried about staying over, you should just meet up with locals to get a real feel of the city. I personally prefer the "chez l'habitant" type of accommodation when I travel but I guess it's good from time to time to be 100% touristy at times.

As far Iceland, I believe that it is quite an interesting country in a very interesting geographic location; so I believe that the people will be interesting too!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    Iceland?!! I became obsessed with Iceland after spending a long layover in the Reyjavik airport. Would love to see it some day.

I just met a (hot) guy from Norway last month. He is the first Norweigan that I have ever met. Definitely would love to visit, IN SUMMER.

I just got back from Europe but traveling just makes me want to travel more. I don't do it enough to get tired.

Yes, thanks for the tip about Couchsurfing. I am a couchsurfer although I am too chicken to stay with people. I invite travelers to stay with me but when I travel I do hotels. It might be doable for Mexico, though, if I can find a female host with a nice place. I have always wanted to visit Merida but everyone from Mexico swears that his or her region is the best. At this point, I will take what I get. My top pic would be a small city with a strong native Mexican culture but if I have to settle for an Americanized border town, I will take it.

I visit Montreal fairly often. Its nice. Definitely gets cold in the winter but not much more so than say Boston, I think.

I have never been in Asia, Africa or South America so I would like to touch on those continents but I don't know if it will happen. I have Hong Kong, Beijing, Cameroon and Peru in mind without definite plans.

Traveling alone is something I do 25% of the time. It has its advantages. Even time I travel with someone, I sometimes wish I was alone at least for a portion but when I am alone I often feel lonely. Even to get a photo of a landmark with someone is worth the annoyance of my friend/relative/boyfriend.
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Credits
    i want to go to st. maarten.. both my sister AND mother have gone there this year.. lol.. i cant be left out lol.. ...

i prefer travelling alone for some things.. cos when somebody sour your vibe, they sure do sour it!!..
    jamaicangirl likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post
    I originally wanted to do Mykonos (Greek Isles)..but the time spent in transit, I'm just not mentally ready for.

So I chose Mallorca, known for nightlife like the other island Ibiza. It has tons of gorgeous beaches to chose from and just relax if you not down for the party scene.
    oh, it's like Ibiza.....bahhhhhh.....not my thing.....

i like party atmosphere...but i NEED dancehall/reggae music...

what i will probably do is check out Chronixx 2014 European tour schedule and plan my trip according to that....might act like a groupie and just follow him around Europe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast