Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010

Credits

Post 2010

Ah know ah is a jumbie, but ah doh care, preparation is everything. Who on board? http://www.southafrica.info/2010/
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    you must be facking joking......you worse that TriniEx.....at least she prepares for 1 year ahead.............you stretching it
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val
    you must be facking joking......you worse that TriniEx.....at least she prepares for 1 year ahead.............you stretching it
    Serious like VP keystroking in defense of KL

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nygee
    nice analogy.......but good to know you had a great experience
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Ah know ah is a jumbie, but ah doh care, preparation is everything. Who on board? http://www.southafrica.info/2010/
    I already there boss.....T&T or no T&T

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Now that's serious! lol

Well, being that South Africa is pretty far...four years is more than enough time to prepare, save money, shucks, open an account just for that purpose.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Once T&T there..I am there!! Yes, I am very biased

Credits
    Wow..I've always dreamed of going to Africa...!!

It would be even better to go for the world cup..and get to see things i've always wanted to see!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Fyah
    Wow..I've always dreamed of going to Africa...!!

It would be even better to go for the world cup..and get to see things i've always wanted to see!!!

ditto...I'm goin!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    ditto...I'm goin!!

I guess we gottta save our pennies..!!! I wonder who i can get to hope on that plane!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Fyah
    I guess we gottta save our pennies..!!! I wonder who i can get to hope on that plane!!!

gyal..i'm thinkin' the same ting..but, i always wanted to go to South Africa in particular...the Senegalese lady dat braided my hair asked me if i was from there...i thought that was interesting.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    gyal..i'm thinkin' the same ting..but, i always wanted to go to South Africa in particular...the Senegalese lady dat braided my hair asked me if i was from there...i thought that was interesting.

Well, I'm sure someone would want to go...!!! How could you pass up a trip of a lifetime..and i'm sure they'll be great packages to go !!!

Credits
    where is she by the way??

Quote Originally Posted by Val
    de ORIGINAL ...

"What others think about you is none of your business"...

-unknown.

Credits
    http://wc2006.telegraph.co.uk/Docume...5-8385B97E5877

Blatter defends South Africa as Germans cast doubt on 2010 hosts
    By : Mihir Bose, 06/07/2006
    German organisers believe they could be called in to help Fifa stage the 2010 World Cup, which is due to be held in South Africa.

The Germans think they have staged the best World Cup yet and have already expressed grave doubts about the African nation's capacity to do likewise.

In 1986, Mexico had to step in and host the tournament when Colombia proved unable to fulfil the requirements and German newspapers have been bombarding Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president, with questions about South Africa's ability to stage the event. Some have even suggested that, if they do not have the resources, Germany should take over as hosts in four years' time.

''In South Africa, there are problems," Blatter admitted this week. "Will the stadiums be built? Will they be on time? We are perfectly aware of the great task that is required for staging the World Cup and South Africa needs help.

''We have established our own secretariat in Johannesburg and we shall take charge of ticketing. South Africa is a multi-cultural country where you have different tribes and you require a certain kind of intelligence to bring these forces together. Also the country's presidential elections will be held before the World Cup, but we are sure we will cope."

Blatter wanted the current World Cup finals to be held in South Africa and persuaded Fifa to accept the rotation principle so that they would be assured of being chosen as the venue in 2010.

He considers taking the World Cup to Africa for the first time to be a crowning achievement of his Fifa presidency.

Blatter has already had to intervene to stop the South African organising committee removing their chief executive, Danny Jordaan, who led both the 2006 bid, which came within one vote of defeating Germany's proposal, and the successful 2010 bid. Furthermore, Blatter is aware that strained relations between Jordaan and his chairman, Irvin Khoza, mean there is constant tension within the organising committee.

The Germans have offered help and there has also been talk of having German representation on the organising committee. But this idea has incensed the South Africans and Blatter warned: ''We can't go in with the missionary attitude. South Africa has well-trained people and our attitude should be that we are giving back to Africa what Africa has given to world football.''

The South Africans will attempt to show their plans are on course tomorrow when they hold a gala in Berlin to unveil the logo for 2010, the first time the logo of the next World Cup has been displayed. Thabo Mbeki, the president of South Africa, and Kofi Annan, the United Nations secretary general, will be present and one South African source told me: "We want to show the Germans that anything they can do we can do even better."

Despite the support of Blatter and his entourage, however, there are still sceptics within Fifa who believe South Africa are not capable of being 2010 hosts.

Print Email this story

External Links

The Football Association
    The official site for the FIFA World Cup

nContact us | About us | Advertising| Press office| Promotions| Mobile
    Copyright of Telegraph Group Limited 2006. Terms & Conditions of reading. Commercial Information. Privacy and Cookie Policy.

SPECIAL REPORTS
    Work Smarter
    Marriott Hotels
    Climate change: BP

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. SILK
    I already there boss.....T&T or no T&T
    Thank you!!!

...but God-willing the Warriors will be there for me to root them on again. I'm telling folks though... everyone should try and take in the World Cup experience at least once in their lives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast