Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 -Dumb American Kids

Credits

20/20 -Dumb American Kids

Did anybody see it ? I saw it and I was so shocked that the kids in the poorest countries like czec republic and poland have smarter kids than those in the states.

They showed an 18 year old boy in South Carolina who reads on a 4th grade level. The sad thing is the mother had a meeting with the principal, guidance counselor and the special education coordiantor and nothing was solved. The principal had the nerve to say that he is making good progress and she doesn't have any concerns about his education.

What the hell is going on with these teachers today? They need to stop doing it for the money and do it for the children.

Credits
    dees american kidz are too lazy when it comes to education. i see it everyday as a college student. and some of de teachers just come to school to get a pay check and leave and some are there to really teach, but its up to de kid to get de information and run wid it.

Credits
    Not surprising to me.
    Its not the teachers its the system they must follow. There are many caring teachers out there that want our children to progress on a higher level so I don't really blame all the teachers, only some.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLusciousTee
    Did anybody see it ? I saw it and I was so shocked that the kids in the poorest countries like czec republic and poland have smarter kids than those in the states.

They showed an 18 year old boy in South Carolina who reads on a 4th grade level. The sad thing is the mother had a meeting with the principal, guidance counselor and the special education coordiantor and nothing was solved. The principal had the nerve to say that he is making good progress and she doesn't have any concerns about his education.

What the hell is going on with these teachers today? They need to stop doing it for the money and do it for the children.
    That doesn't surprise me at all. I was aware of this for a while now...a lot of American students are just lazy.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MadChild
    That doesn't surprise me at all. I was aware of this for a while now...a lot of American students are just lazy.
    same can be said bout persons else way.. i mean people, why do people have the expectations that americans are supposed to be perfect

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot
    same can be said bout persons else way.. i mean people, why do people have the expectations that americans are supposed to be perfect
    You would have to ask someone who thinks Americans are supposed to be perfect. All I'm saying is that it's the truth and it doesn't surprise me.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MadChild
    You would have to ask someone who thinks Americans are supposed to be perfect. All I'm saying is that it's the truth and it doesn't surprise me.
    exactly what i am saying.. i mean i do not see why that should be a show.. when you have kids who want to learn that cannot get proper text books..

Toppa_Toppa
    No...we don't expect them to be perfect, they think of themselves as perfect. The sad thing is that they don't even know how ignorant they are.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa
    No...we don't expect them to be perfect, they think of themselves as perfect. he sad thing is that they don't even know how ignorant they are.
    doesn't everyone

Credits

Why are we coming to a generilization on this subject? Im sure there are kids in other countries with the same problem. PLEASE do not fall into this trap.

Toppa_Toppa
    doesn't everyone
    No.

Credits
    It's a sad thing but because there are some parents and teachers who are not truly dedicated to the children, there are situations like this. Sometimes it is the child's doing but other times it is not. I would not be so quick to label the child as dumb because at times it has more to do with their circumstances. Maybe the child is autistic. Who knows?

Credits
    exactly what i am saying.. i mean i do not see why that should be a show.. when you have kids who want to learn that cannot get proper text books..
    That's true moreso in other countries other than America. It's true for Americans as well, but in America there are more students who just don't give a damn about an education. They'd rather make quick money...no one is trying to put them down, it's just the truth and it's sad. Especially since you have so many other children in other countries who really want to learn and so many of them here are taking advantage of that..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder
    Why are we coming to a generilization on this subject? Im sure there are kids in other countries with the same problem. PLEASE do not fall into this trap.

I'm just relaying what I saw on channel 7

Credits
    Dumb American Kids??
    And one can assume by a couple examples shown on 20/20, that teachers aren't doing their job? Or that "these American kids are lazy"?

If 20/20 came out and showed another couple students in Minnesota, who were straight A, honour students...would you turn around and big up all the teachers for working for the children and not for the money?
    Would "American Kids" be diligent workers?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast