Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 20,000 Jamaicans residing illegally in Trinidad.

  1. #31
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    the concept of illegal residency the caribbean is trash to be honest.
    i am not saying you should not control your borders.
    or control who can access certain public services.
    but the idea that because a slave ship stopped in jamaica vs trinidad, a man cannot work a construction site in trinidad is silly.
    But this is not " a man cannot work a construction site In trinidad"

    This sounds like its about wHt you agree with ,which is " controlling your border"

  2. #32
    Who feels it knows it! Georgeflash's Avatar Georgeflash is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    outside
    Posts
    9,316
    Credits
    33,373,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Unit View Post
    Can't send all for several reasons but i'll just use the most important two to me.
    1. Resources dedicated to finding and returning them will be costly. Can't use police to catch them because they cah even ketch ah fockin cold so waste ah time there. This means you have to get people to do the finding and probably have to pay them very well because virtually everyone in T&T (can end up) on the take. Then who paying the fares to send them back? Jet fuel eh cheap and despite our resources in T&T that would be quite a lot that was not accounted for.

    2. High potential that there will be families that have to be broken up. When you send them back can they ever return to visit their children? Can't let them back in if you deported them for overstaying unless yuh retarded. What if the family don't have the resources to travel to jamdong to go see the parent(s)? To me that would be cruel and inhumane.

    Best that can be done is come up with a system going forward.
    Refusing to solve a problem by saying that it will cost too much is as good as pouring fuel on the flames.....watch it burn.

    Pay now with money. Pay later with lives.
    I bet if their was political will it could get done quite easily. It's not like Jamaicans can just blend into the society.
    Only after Trinidad removes every single Jamaican can the twin island republic be able to return to the Utopian glory it once was.
    Swollen likes this.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

  3. #33
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    12,488
    Credits
    85,719,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    the concept of illegal residency the caribbean is trash to be honest.
    i am not saying you should not control your borders.
    or control who can access certain public services.
    but the idea that because a slave ship stopped in jamaica vs trinidad, a man cannot work a construction site in trinidad is silly.
    Nonsense...........................!


    Whether you are 10 square mile and you have a Gov’t in place, laws are laws….if you break them, you need to go !
    Lucianite likes this.

  4. #34
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    12,488
    Credits
    85,719,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Trinidad needs Trump
    after hillary beat him maybe he next PM
    #maketrinidadgreatagain
    #buildAwall - oops that will not work

    Jamaicans are to trinidad what mexicans are to the USA ..

    y single out "jamaicans" and not ALL or ANY illegal resident ?


    ok

    how about amnesty - is there a path to becoming a citizen for those already there ?

    what about the Grenadians ? - how many in TNT ? -
    Grenadians....wait...they have in Trinidad.... ?

    Correction, you mean when Trump win.....

    All these freeness need to stop.....btw, you see the protest by them College kids tonight...Bernie was conning them on the promise of Freeness :

    " Bernie Sanders Lays Off Hundreds Of Staffers "

    back to the Topic.....unlike the yellow Belly Mexicans that refuse to engage with Trump supporters and whup their asses and tell them to " Get out our Country".......Mexico....that you guys stole from us...where it is the Black Americans have to do the fighting for them...them we, the Blacks get the blame.......

    The Jamaicans would honor their wishes if they want to fight !

    What I find funny in all of this....Is the viewpoint of some of the Trinis, not their Gov’t, I agree with their Gov’t, but on social media their comments, go back, why milk our system, stay in Jamaica, and that is the nice stuff they saying..…..while, they in America trying to seek out a better life for themselves……SMH…like really !

  5. #35
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Are immigrants scapegoated and use as fear mongering ?

    Lady liberty says ""Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,.."

    America valued immigrants but only when they were from Europe

    All this immigrant talk is because the latest immigrants are browner
    and maybe the same for TNT because they are from Jamaica....
    in America we the immigrants come because we can get jobs even the "illigal ones"
    means someone is hiring them - more than a few law makers had or have "illegal" nannies and groundskeepers
    and the Manhattan types with both parents working thrive and benefit form "illegals " so do states with crops
    EVEN TRUMP HIRED THEM

    so in TNT - how are they thriving - why do they keep coming ?
    how do they have access to social services ?


    Is the "problem" real or is it exaggerated for political reasons and fear mongering ?

  6. #36
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Nonsense...........................!


    Whether you are 10 square mile and you have a Gov’t in place, laws are laws….if you break them, you need to go !
    the laws need to be reviewed.
    the caribbean is too small of a economic unit, to have such a restriction on the movement of people.
    Swollen likes this.

  7. #37
    Insurgent Alpha Unit's Avatar Alpha Unit is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    9,119
    Credits
    6,660,554,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Are immigrants scapegoated and use as fear mongering ?

    Lady liberty says ""Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,.."

    America valued immigrants but only when they were from Europe

    All this immigrant talk is because the latest immigrants are browner
    and maybe the same for TNT because they are from Jamaica....
    in America we the immigrants come because we can get jobs even the "illigal ones"
    means someone is hiring them - more than a few law makers had or have "illegal" nannies and groundskeepers
    and the Manhattan types with both parents working thrive and benefit form "illegals " so do states with crops
    EVEN TRUMP HIRED THEM

    so in TNT - how are they thriving - why do they keep coming ?
    how do they have access to social services ?


    Is the "problem" real or is it exaggerated for political reasons and fear mongering ?
    "6 of one half dozen of the other." Because of CSME many come looking for work or potentially with work already lined up. Some have used that while they actually had zero prospects or intentions to work within the policy. It might sound funny but yuh could go and live in de bush and easily survive in T&T. It have plenty fruits and vegetables growing all over on land that isn't really owned by anyone and with squatters rights if you can build on it you can claim it. So someone doesn't need to be working consistently to be ok. Next is wholesale corruption everywhere you turn. So there are quite a few under the table approaches that can be made where one can end up being employed. What the former minister said about being employed and underpaid is also true, but if yuh leave Jamaica or anywhere else for that matter where you suffering it may not seem that bad.

    Flash I discussing this thing seriously and you seem to be on bullshit. T&T was never a Utopian model. I does say all the time people happy down there but that is despite all the issues going on. In Trini it always have ah big concert and artist from all over the world does be there regularly and somehow people can afford to go even if money supposedly tight. To me that is happiness as they are bereft of the day to day stress that seems to plague many as far as financial resources are concerned in America. To seriously or pretend to believe that sending all back is even a remote possibility is retarded and I know you know better.

    Oneshot yuh kinda talking shit with that ship drop off talk. Everyone has to have rules for their society and enforcing them will maintain order.


    I am not among those that are of the belief that T&T flooded with Jamaican criminals. I do believe however, that if yuh lack resources yuh will become susceptible to the lure of what might seem like a way out via criminal activity. Some might leave their home land with genuine good intentions but cant find a way to make good on those intentions. I believe only a small percentage of immigrants are people who have bad intentions with some of those leaving where they come from to avoid prosecution. It have nuff man from Trini that do the same shit. Only difference is that one it "die dong" man does return to Trini and live normel.
    socapineman likes this.
    Space available for RENT

  8. #38
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Unit View Post
    Oneshot yuh kinda talking shit with that ship drop off talk. Everyone has to have rules for their society and enforcing them will maintain order.
    people over staying their visa is the problem? or is it other problems?

    i am not talking about open borders. but at this point in time, the caribbean should be fostering more integration, vs saying people coming from this and that island and taking my jobs.

    we live in a digital age, where they can have sharing of records, backgrounds and etc.

    as for living in the bush and squatting that is not an immigration problem, that is an internal land policy issue.

  9. #39
    Registered User biggadon is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on de water
    Posts
    709
    Credits
    4,425,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    the concept of illegal residency the caribbean is trash to be honest.
    i am not saying you should not control your borders.
    or control who can access certain public services.
    but the idea that because a slave ship stopped in jamaica vs trinidad, a man cannot work a construction site in trinidad is silly.

    not quite in agreement with that part of your post.... a man should NOT be able work a construction site when there are locals that can do the said job if no locals cant/wont do it... then by all means import labor.... I feel this way about all of our ISLANDS.

  10. #40
    Insurgent Alpha Unit's Avatar Alpha Unit is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    9,119
    Credits
    6,660,554,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    people over staying their visa is the problem? or is it other problems?

    i am not talking about open borders. but at this point in time, the caribbean should be fostering more integration, vs saying people coming from this and that island and taking my jobs.

    we live in a digital age, where they can have sharing of records, backgrounds and etc.

    as for living in the bush and squatting that is not an immigration problem, that is an internal land policy issue.
    Overstaying without resources is a major problem. Generally people who over stay anywhere in the world do not arbitrarily do so. Also there is extremely low likelihood that they one day just wake up and decide F' Trinidad (or wherever they are) I going home. This means they came with a plan to defraud the system. OK no big deal yet, right? Now what happens when they have no actual plan, no income, and no understood direction to turn in order to be gainfully employed? They begin to usurp public resources while other members of the public may have to go without. Or they get exploited which has ramifications for locals as well. If my employer can figure out how to hire your cousin for half of what he pays me (because yuh cuz not legal but tusty fuh ah wuk) where does that leave me? So now yuh have employer and employee both ripping off the system because taxes aren't being collected from either in that instance. If neither is available (all dooors of opportunity seems to be closed) and yuh hungry and ah man tell yuh lewwe go on ah joox so and so have rell paypah we could mash up dat, would you say nah while yuh belly reading E, would you go back home, or would you say fock it lewwe go? Many may say no (there is no assumption that many or most will get involved in crime), but the few who do, what is the liklihood that it ends there?

    I never said squatting in the bush was an immigration issue, I simply gave an example of how one could survive if they were so inclined.
    Space available for RENT

  11. #41
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    12,488
    Credits
    85,719,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    the laws need to be reviewed.
    the caribbean is too small of a economic unit, to have such a restriction on the movement of people.
    Huh......why do they need to be reviewed?


    To satisfy who ? Trinidad have laws on the books.....they should of been enforcing them from day one " evenhandedly"......

  12. #42
    Insurgent Alpha Unit's Avatar Alpha Unit is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    9,119
    Credits
    6,660,554,981
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Huh......why do they need to be reviewed?


    To satisfy who ? Trinidad have laws on the books.....they should of been enforcing them from day one " evenhandedly"......
    He talking like if Trinidad or any other island for that matter simply has unlimited resources as well as space to accommodate anyone who want to just pelt ah dart and go where it take them and stay as long as they feel like. Without rules there will always be chaos. If T&T government employees did their jobs with pride as opposed to there lazy always trying to "eat ah food" corrupted approach, Trini would run like a well oiled machine and could easily handle free flow movement even with the occasional illegal over-stayers.
    socapineman and Socapro like this.
    Space available for RENT

  13. #43
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    12,488
    Credits
    85,719,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Are immigrants scapegoated and use as fear mongering ?

    Lady liberty says ""Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,.."

    America valued immigrants but only when they were from Europe

    All this immigrant talk is because the latest immigrants are browner
    and maybe the same for TNT because they are from Jamaica....
    in America we the immigrants come because we can get jobs even the "illigal ones"
    means someone is hiring them - more than a few law makers had or have "illegal" nannies and groundskeepers
    and the Manhattan types with both parents working thrive and benefit form "illegals " so do states with crops
    EVEN TRUMP HIRED THEM

    so in TNT - how are they thriving - why do they keep coming ?
    how do they have access to social services ?


    Is the "problem" real or is it exaggerated for political reasons and fear mongering ?

    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you are asking some great questions that I would like an official from the Govt answer !

    To your point, clearly Jamaica immigrants are scapegoated and use as a fear fact......all of a sudden.



    Who in Jamaica or Trinidad telling them they have " free lunch " ... come and get it ?


    That there is the million dollar questions........how do they...all 20k have access to these great social services if you illegal ?


    It seems there is a breakdown in oversight on the part of the Trinidad Govt and their massive failu8to ensure only citizens of T&T benefit from these programs.........

    Now, since there is no accountability between the crooked parties for missing funds, fight down bet blacks and indians....Fcuk it....let's blame the Jamaicans...........

    Like really......then who is the damn fool.....the Trinidad Govt or the Jamaicans for taking advantage of your failed social policies that they can't enforce ?



    Imo......i dont see how this can be real problem...given...if you know this is happening...ok...you MFers....better bring your SS# and original birth certificate or whatever I'd they use to get the " Freeness "........

    That there will fix the problem and those that over stay their visa....you gotta go...simple as that!

    Otherwise if someone can produce all those documents and they are fake....whose problem is that...the illegals there....or the fail oversight of enforcement in Trinidad?

  14. #44
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Unit View Post
    Overstaying without resources is a major problem. Generally people who over stay anywhere in the world do not arbitrarily do so. Also there is extremely low likelihood that they one day just wake up and decide F' Trinidad (or wherever they are) I going home. This means they came with a plan to defraud the system. OK no big deal yet, right? Now what happens when they have no actual plan, no income, and no understood direction to turn in order to be gainfully employed? They begin to usurp public resources while other members of the public may have to go without. Or they get exploited which has ramifications for locals as well. If my employer can figure out how to hire your cousin for half of what he pays me (because yuh cuz not legal but tusty fuh ah wuk) where does that leave me? So now yuh have employer and employee both ripping off the system because taxes aren't being collected from either in that instance. If neither is available (all dooors of opportunity seems to be closed) and yuh hungry and ah man tell yuh lewwe go on ah joox so and so have rell paypah we could mash up dat, would you say nah while yuh belly reading E, would you go back home, or would you say fock it lewwe go? Many may say no (there is no assumption that many or most will get involved in crime), but the few who do, what is the liklihood that it ends there?

    I never said squatting in the bush was an immigration issue, I simply gave an example of how one could survive if they were so inclined.
    What public resources can you get in Trinidad?

    I can understand that argument in a countries like the UK, or arms wide open socialist leaning countries? But Trinidad?

    The competition of wages, that argument can be used mostly for menial labour jobs, and even in those jobs, over time employees will get paid more because of other soft skills such as trust, and overall performance on the job.

  15. #45
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    12,488
    Credits
    85,719,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Unit View Post
    He talking like if Trinidad or any other island for that matter simply has unlimited resources as well as space to accommodate anyone who want to just pelt ah dart and go where it take them and stay as long as they feel like. Without rules there will always be chaos. If T&T government employees did their jobs with pride as opposed to there lazy always trying to "eat ah food" corrupted approach, Trini would run like a well oiled machine and could easily handle free flow movement even with the occasional illegal over-stayers.


    Bro...Amen to your post.......let's place the blame where it suppose to be...a failure of oversight and allowing others to freeload off a system that was set up to help their citizens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •