Thread: 2 year old boy Molested by 34 year old Man (spinnoff)

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits

Exclamation 2 year old boy Molested by 34 year old Man (spinnoff)

It was on today's headlines in Trinidad, but i'm pretty sure the article will be on tomorrow's papers.. But in a nutshell, a child was molested by his step father, and the man's defense is that he was trying to get closer to the mother (or some crap so).... But how long again must we wait for proper legislation to pass for the protection of our children? What is the Ministry of Social Development doing???? Without proper legislation, our children will keep going thru these things amongst other ridiculous situations that some parents/guardians put them thru: abuse and neglect to name a few....

If anyone has any more info on this please case at hand, please feel free to share. Thanks...
    The love of my life is an Imixer!!!

~DD~

Credits
    dont you work in the government as a consultant or whatever? maybe you should pitch it to your superiors..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    In most cases like this it seems to always be the step parent doing this I guess they see it as they are not realted so they don't care.

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    dont you work in the government as a consultant or whatever? maybe you should pitch it to your superiors..
    if i could i would... thats way above my head and in another ministry...

~DD~

T-MAKAA
    Fill me in please..

But how long again must we wait for proper legislation to pass for the protection of our children? What is the Ministry of Social Development doing????
    How will "proper" legislation prevent certain things like this from happening?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Fill me in please..

How will "proper" legislation prevent certain things like this from happening?
    in terms of child abuse and neglect... currently, there must be a court order to remove children from an abusive home,, and that process can take months based on visits and other interventions.. with proper leguislation, this process can happen in a matter of days if so much... kids are neglected and/or abused on a daily basis.. with the proper laws in place, if this happens, the social department can remove ur kids and place them in care of the state until better can be done for the child... it's all about a speedier process instead of the drawn out 6mnth wait for the government to intervene...

~DD~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystique Blue View Post
    in terms of child abuse and neglect... currently, there must be a court order to remove children from an abusive home,, and that process can take months based on visits and other interventions.. with proper leguislation, this process can happen in a matter of days if so much... kids are neglected and/or abused on a daily basis.. with the proper laws in place, if this happens, the social department can remove ur kids and place them in care of the state until better can be done for the child... it's all about a speedier process instead of the drawn out 6mnth wait for the government to intervene...
    That won't prevent it because the crime has to happen before removal takes place.

But I do agree that social services really need to improve especially with counseling services.
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Can you explain the process in Trini? I know in New York (In America varies state to state) once there is a report filed the child is removed immidiately and placed in a new home. If they do go back there are suppose to be regular visits from social services but most if not all cases the child doesn't go back to the abusive parent.
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)

Credits
    It was on today's headlines in Trinidad, but i'm pretty sure the article will be on tomorrow's papers.. But in a nutshell, a child was molested by his step father, and the man's defense is that he was trying to get closer to the mother (or some crap so).... But how long again must we wait for proper legislation to pass for the protection of our children? What is the Ministry of Social Development doing???? Without proper legislation, our children will keep going thru these things amongst other ridiculous situations that some parents/guardians put them thru: abuse and neglect to name a few....

If anyone has any more info on this please case at hand, please feel free to share. Thanks...
    This is sick and sad and wish these things never happen. There is oh so much you can do for your child(ren). You really don't know who to trust. Is it more sexual abuse going on these days, or more reports coming in than before? Any updates as to what happend to the child? My God 2 years that is just sick and sad. What does the mother have to say?

Credits

what does legislation have to do with it. de woman put her kid in harms way, it is not like she brought him to school

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva** View Post
    Can you explain the process in Trini? I know in New York (In America varies state to state) once there is a report filed the child is removed immidiately and placed in a new home. If they do go back there are suppose to be regular visits from social services but most if not all cases the child doesn't go back to the abusive parent.
    its the opposite of what u just said... visits first, then the child is removed.... this gives the parent enough time to cover their tracks and avoid removal.. so children are never removed from abusive homes....

~DD~

Credits
    its the opposite of what u just said... visits first, then the child is removed.... this gives the parent enough time to cover their tracks and avoid removal.. so children are never removed from abusive homes....
    OMG, so they don't even test the child, run pyhsicals, psych evaluation?