Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: $2 Gas, where is the outrage that Food, milk,bread,etc yet no dropping in price ?

  1. #1
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353

    $2 Gas, where is the outrage that Food: milk,bread,etc. prices are not falling too!

    I called our slick ass Senator, slick Chuck, he couldn't take my call , but stated my concerns are noted.


    These fcuking racketeers were quick to raise the price of milk, airfare, bread, etc when gas was close to $5 a gallon, why these #################### ass criminals are not lowering the price now, it seems, this is a racket to raise prices .


    First U.S. Gas Station Drops Below $2 a Gallon - Bloomberg

  2. #2
    Registered User sharkie is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    479
    Credits
    5,833,156
    Food is expensive?

    Food in America is relatively cheap and I'm not talking about fast food.

  3. #3
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    They were quick to cry....oh the cost of gas is up, we need to increase prices across the board to offset the higher cost.

    Yet no talk now to lower prices, seems like these MFs increasing thec airfare for carnival !

  4. #4
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Food is expensive?

    Food in America is relatively cheap and I'm not talking about fast food.


    Smh, ok it is relatively cheap for who ?


    Tell that to the working class needing to feed a family and not on food stamps, talking about that, you see these MFs carts in BJs, like they going away for two months and they need to stack up or a famine is coming !

  5. #5
    Registered User sharkie is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    479
    Credits
    5,833,156
    Quote Originally Posted by trinifrombx View Post
    Smh, ok it is relatively cheap for who ?


    Tell that to the working class needing to feed a family and not on food stamps, talking about that, you see these MFs carts in BJs, like they going away for two months and they need to stack up or a famine is coming !
    It's relatively cheap for a majority of the nation because this is America. The working class is not struggling to buy food because food is expensive. They are struggling to buy food because of the availability of inexpensive food in their area. They usually don't have cars, and only have things like bodegas and high caloric food establishment close to their jobs/homes.

    They also have less time to cook even if they had the money to buy more food because their wages are low and they have to work multiple back to back jobs.

    A young lady nyc, either at NYU or Columbia wrote a cookbook on how to survive off of $4 a day, the average amt for foodstamps. Ive been interested in her thesis, because while she was successful with her meals, she did not identify that people who had $4 a day, didn't have time to wait for dough to rise to make pizza at home. Or didn't own a blender to grind pesto.

    You need to advocate for better living wages for these people and not for a gallon of milk.

  6. #6
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    It's relatively cheap for a majority of the nation because this is America. The working class is not struggling to buy food because food is expensive. They are struggling to buy food because of the availability of inexpensive food in their area. They usually don't have cars, and only have things like bodegas and high caloric food establishment close to their jobs/homes.

    They also have less time to cook even if they had the money to buy more food because their wages are low and they have to work multiple back to back jobs.

    A young lady nyc, either at NYU or Columbia wrote a cookbook on how to survive off of $4 a day, the average amt for foodstamps. Ive been interested in her thesis, because while she was successful with her meals, she did not identify that people who had $4 a day, didn't have time to wait for dough to rise to make pizza at home. Or didn't own a blender to grind pesto.

    You need to advocate for better living wages for these people and not for a gallon of milk.

    All d hi e respect, you clearly have no clue!

    Do you go shopping in a supermarket ?

    I am talking about folks with a family that need to buy food.


    Anyway, dont get tripped up stay on point, so you have no issues that when gas was close to $5 a gallon, they cried it cost more in gas to transport the food, not that prices for gas is falling, so you are telling me you have no issues that there is no talk to lower some of those prices back ?

  7. #7
    Registered User sharkie is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    479
    Credits
    5,833,156
    Quote Originally Posted by trinifrombx View Post
    All d hi e respect, you clearly have no clue!

    Do you go shopping in a supermarket ?

    I am talking about folks with a family that need to buy food.


    Anyway, dont get tripped up stay on point, so you have no issues that when gas was close to $5 a gallon, they cried it cost more in gas to transport the food, not that prices for gas is falling, so you are telling me you have no issues that there is no talk to lower some of those prices back ?
    Padna, I could feed a family if need be because I know how to budget, cook and use cheaper cuts to still make tasty meals.

    You are clearly missing my point.

  8. #8
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Padna, I could feed a family if need be because I know how to budget, cook and use cheaper cuts to still make tasty meals.

    You are clearly missing my point.
    How I am missing your point, I don't agree with it,smh, and again, that is not the topic of the thread,geez !

  9. #9
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    So, no one is concern that the price of food is not dropping ?

    Remember , they tricked us by raising the prices when gas was close to $5 a gallon, stating that the transportation cost to ship goods when up, so now I want to see it down since gas is down, don't that make sense ?

  10. #10
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    No doubt food prices are crazy high
    The price of food does rise with the price of gas
    But what are the economic conditions that will make the price of food fall ?

    As was said its relative because when u go to other places you be like wtf

    You can still go to the supermarket and buy a whole chicken for 5 or 6 dollars so maybe people will complain but not really worried

  11. #11
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    No doubt food prices are crazy high
    The price of food does rise with the price of gas
    But what are the economic conditions that will make the price of food fall ?

    As was said its relative because when u go to other places you be like wtf

    You can still go to the supermarket and buy a whole chicken for 5 or 6 dollars so maybe people will complain but not really worried
    Idk what are the conditions for them to lower it, but without a degree in economics I know they robbing us because they the airlines buy jet fuel a few months out , so where is the drop in airfares ?

    Also the trucking companies transporting food are criminals for not lowering the prices given the drop in gas prices.

  12. #12
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,667
    Credits
    40,139,677
    Quote Originally Posted by trinifrombx View Post
    Idk what are the conditions for them to lower it, but without a degree in economics I know they robbing us because they the airlines buy jet fuel a few months out , so where is the drop in airfares ?

    Also the trucking companies transporting food are criminals for not lowering the prices given the drop in gas prices.
    airlines make losses when oil is high, so they need to make profits when oil is low. it is economics. they are not robbing, it is business. if oil remains low, you will see more sales.

  13. #13
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    airlines make losses when oil is high, so they need to make profits when oil is low. it is economics. they are not robbing, it is business. if oil remains low, you will see more sales.
    Hey, I have no idea what you are talking about that airlines ' make losses' when oil is high, like that Federal government, they have taxing powers and will increase ticket prices which is documented to off set higher gas prices, so if they are losing money it is from another area of the business, the fuel part can justify thec increase.

  14. #14
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,121
    Credits
    40,587,353
    Knew I wasn't crazy ! Lol

    Sen. Charles Schumer Wants Probe Of Airfares Amid Lower Fuel Costs


    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/...er-fuel-costs/


    Wondering how come more people ain't outrage at this !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •