Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 1980s Worst Decade in Music?

  1. #1
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086

    1980s Worst Decade in Music?

    Agree or disagree.

  2. #2
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Agree or disagree.
    TOTALLY DISAGREE.

    The FIRST DECADE of the 21st CENTURY is the WORST DECADE in MUSIC.
    badfowl, SKBai1991 and DerMonger like this.

  3. #3
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    TOTALLY DISAGREE.

    The FIRST DECADE of the 21st CENTURY is the WORST DECADE in MUSIC.
    Well, in the 20th century.

  4. #4
    Registered User SKBai1991's Avatar SKBai1991 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,780
    Credits
    11,357,279
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    TOTALLY DISAGREE.

    The FIRST DECADE of the 21st CENTURY is the WORST DECADE in MUSIC.
    agreed. pretty much every year since 2006 has been disastrous for music.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "


    Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

  5. #5
    Registered User Steupz's Avatar Steupz is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    10,883
    Credits
    1,226,784
    I cah tell. How yuh measure this?

  6. #6
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Well, in the 20th century.
    No...the 80's was a GREAT DECADE for MUSIC.

    It MIGHT be the GREATEST DECADE for MUSIC as well.

  7. #7
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    No...the 80's was a GREAT DECADE for MUSIC.

    It MIGHT be the GREATEST DECADE for MUSIC as well.
    We talking American music?

    Leave Reggae out of this.


    The 80s were horrible for music. The 90s were a breath of fresh air.

  8. #8
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    agreed. pretty much every year since 2006 has been disastrous for music.
    Actually, the last two years weren't that bad.

  9. #9
    Registered User SKBai1991's Avatar SKBai1991 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,780
    Credits
    11,357,279
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    We talking American music?

    Leave Reggae out of this.


    The 80s were horrible for music. The 90s were a breath of fresh air.
    The decade that gave us Prince and MJ...as well as Hip Hop was horrible for music? Are you flipping insane?

    The only music I could say was legitimately bad was glam rock...other than than the 80's were poppin.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "


    Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

  10. #10
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    The decade that gave us Prince and MJ...as well as Hip Hop was horrible for music? Are you flipping insane?

    The only music I could say was legitimately bad was glam rock...other than than the 80's were poppin.
    Prince emerged in the late 70s. He peaked in the 80s, but he was an exception along with MJ. However, overall, the 1980s were Horrible!!!! The decade saw the emergence of cheap pop packaged with cheap production. Synthesizers owned the 80s. No genre of music emerged in the 1980s. Hiphop? Are you kidding me. Hiphop's best years were from 1992-1996. 80s hiphop was too "popish" for my taste.

  11. #11
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    We talking American music?

    Leave Reggae out of this.


    The 80s were horrible for music. The 90s were a breath of fresh air.
    Are U CRAZY?

    What GENRE of MUSIC BASICALLY CONTROLS the AIRWAVES TODAY?

    The GOLDEN AGE of SOCA MUSIC is the 1980's as well.

    When it comes to REGGAE, the 1980's RULE even though many would PICK the 1970's over it, and for GOOD REASONS.

    As for DANCEHALL, it is a NO CONTEST for the 1980's. It is only the 90's that can give it a SLIGHT CHALLENGE.

    When it comes to POP, FORGET about it, the 80's RULED.

    DANCE/HOUSE, the 80's RULED.

    BALLADS, the 80's RULED.

    I can go o n and on.

  12. #12
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,206
    Credits
    101,493,621
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Are U CRAZY?

    What GENRE of MUSIC BASICALLY CONTROLS the AIRWAVES TODAY?

    The GOLDEN AGE of SOCA MUSIC is the 1980's as well.

    When it comes to REGGAE, the 1980's RULE even though many would PICK the 1970's over it, and for GOOD REASONS.

    As for DANCEHALL, it is a NO CONTEST for the 1980's. It is only the 90's that can give it a SLIGHT CHALLENGE.

    When it comes to POP, FORGET about it, the 80's RULED.

    DANCE/HOUSE, the 80's RULED.

    BALLADS, the 80's RULED
    .

    I can go o n and on.
    ballads from the 90's could edge 80's, 90's was the decade of ballads
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

  13. #13
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Are U CRAZY?

    What GENRE of MUSIC BASICALLY CONTROLS the AIRWAVES TODAY?

    The GOLDEN AGE of SOCA MUSIC is the 1980's as well.

    When it comes to REGGAE, the 1980's RULE even though many would PICK the 1970's over it, and for GOOD REASONS.

    As for DANCEHALL, it is a NO CONTEST for the 1980's. It is only the 90's that can give it a SLIGHT CHALLENGE.

    When it comes to POP, FORGET about it, the 80's RULED.

    DANCE/HOUSE, the 80's RULED.

    BALLADS, the 80's RULED.

    I can go o n and on.
    90s Dancehall was better.

    Disco was better than house and dance.


    The 80s saw the demise of musicians and the start of electro beats.

  14. #14
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    ballads from the 90's could edge 80's, 90's was the decade of ballads
    We can PUT it to the TEST.

  15. #15
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    90s Dancehall was better.

    Disco was better than house and dance.


    The 80s saw the demise of musicians and the start of electro beats.
    And the 90's SAW NO TALENTED MUSICIANS WHATSOEVER, just SAMPLING.

    The 90's=DECADE of SAMPLING, because of NO TALENT PRODUCERS/ARRANGERS/MUSICIANS.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •