Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1978 Guyana: Jonestown Mass-Murder Suicide (900 Dead)

Credits

Unhappy 1978 Guyana: Jonestown Mass-Murder Suicide (900 Dead)

Please forgive me for bringing this up, but I am up late and just listened to the recording of the "suicide" taking place. Hearing the screams and the cries of the children, the calmness of followers, I can't even imagine. Then I google-ed and reviewed some pictures (wrong move). IDK but for something that happened in 1978 before I was born, this is something I don't think I can forget. I can't even sleep anymore.

This is the audio of the "Jonestown Massacre" .... http://www.listverse.com/music/jones.mp3

In the name of .... what?

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by PhuCk Yu MoN View Post
    Please forgive me for bringing this up, but I am up late and just listened to the recording of the "suicide" taking place. Hearing the screams and the cries of the children, the calmness of followers, I can't even imagine. Then I google-ed and reviewed some pictures (wrong move). IDK but for something that happened in 1978 before I was born, this is something I don't think I can forget. I can't even sleep anymore.

This is the audio of the "Jonestown Massacre" .... http://www.listverse.com/music/jones.mp3

You haven't even begun to understand it friend. I talk me heart out about jonestown. I can never understand how people can be suh heartless but so it is.

There was an over half hour documentary about it on youtube but i cant locate it now. This was the longest piece i could find.

Credits
    This is very disturbing. I have to read more later to better grasp this. I am listening to the tape right now.

cassette_craig this is real disturbing. Is it talked about in Guyana from time to time? Is the Jonestown area being used or still avoided?

Credits

This part of Guyana was hit with something huge, devasting. So many lives gone. These events make me think about human beings. What makes some people follow. What makes them believe certain things. Why and who they believe the most to cause them to follow.

I won't forget this either. I hope you will be able to sleep despite all this.

Credits
    for something to spook you of all people out has got to be some serious shit

lemee go listen ina bit

Credits
    The most comprehensive piece i've ever seen on this was presented by PBS. They had so much video footage on the story as well. They even had some video of the attack when the congressman was about to board the plane back to the states and of course the had the entire audio tape of the cyanide laced koolaid drinking suicide affair. Riveting tv!
    I was struck by the amount of black people who were followers of this crazed individual.

Credits
    please keep in mind that the number of Guyanese who dies there did not amount to 20...

thank you...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    I was struck by the amount of black people who were followers of this crazed individual.
    considering the religiosity of black people I am not surprised and would not be surprised if it happened again

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    The most comprehensive piece i've ever seen on this was presented by PBS. They had so much video footage on the story as well. They even had some video of the attack when the congressman was about to board the plane back to the states and of course the had the entire audio tape of the cyanide laced koolaid drinking suicide affair. Riveting tv!
    I remember watching that series. That in itself was quite disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hype View Post
    please keep in mind that the number of Guyanese who dies there did not amount to 20...

thank you...
    I think many of us are quite aware that the Jonestown people came from the United States. I doubt anyone thought it was the Guyanese people. (then again there are some ignorant ones out there)
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    I am always suspicious of any religious group, business or organization
    that expends a considerable amount of its time recruiting others.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by laFemmeChaude View Post
    I remember watching that series. That in itself was quite disturbing.

I think many of us are quite aware that the Jonestown people came from the United States. I doubt anyone thought it was the Guyanese people. (then again there are some ignorant ones out there)
    then again there are some ignorant ones out there

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    it's kind of disturbing to know that so many people will do ANYTHING for the sake religion. Like they lose sight of a connection with the higher power and do things just because a man in a "suit" uses the word "lord".

Televangelists for example, they wouldn't be so rich if all these followers don't hand over their life savings to the "ministry"
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    I've seen a few documentaries on Jim Jones/Guyana Tragedy. The most recent was on the History Channel and his son was apart of the documentary. He (Jim Jone's son) didn't die because he went to play a basketball game against the Guyanese team and refused to return to Jonestown when his father ordered him back. Very disturbing indeed.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    for something to spook you of all people out has got to be some serious shit

lemee go listen ina bit
    To be honest, it's still bothering me. It is quite heart-breaking. It's something I could only listen to once. Gives such a eerie feeling.

I was reading that some people had to hide out in order to avoid suicide or "play" dead. Parents holding their children as their being poisoned, trying to "whoo" the pain away.

Jim Jones was a con man, murderer and a lost soul and he was able to use those skills in the name of "religion".

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by laFemmeChaude View Post
    it's kind of disturbing to know that so many people will do ANYTHING for the sake religion. Like they lose sight of a connection with the higher power and do things just because a man in a "suit" uses the word "lord".

Televangelists for example, they wouldn't be so rich if all these followers don't hand over their life savings to the "ministry"
    yup see what i mean
    mindless christian robots

IMO if they wanted to make a commune It would not take much for them to convince a few thousand followers to go along with it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast