Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 16-year-old boy shot to death on South Side street

  1. #1
    Dragon Singh IslandmixUSA's Avatar IslandmixUSA is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    17,884
    Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216

    16-year-old boy shot to death on South Side street

    A 16-year-old boy was shot to death on a West Englewood street this afternoon, police said.

    The boy was shot in the head in the 1400 block of West 73rd Street at about 2:40 p.m., said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien.

    The victim was identified as Cedric Bell, 16, of 1400 block of West 73rd Place, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

    A neighborhood resident who knows the boy said that he often spent time at her home and had told her daughter, who had been a student at Harper High School with the boy before transferring to another school, that he was going to a nearby store before the shooting.

    “He had just gotten out of the house and walked to the corner. He had asked my daughter, if she wanted to go to the store with him,” said Allison Lockhart, who lives around the corner from where the shooting took place.

    After the shooting, Lockhart’s son rushed in to tell her that his friend had been shot.

    Lockhart said Bell was not in a gang, but may have been targeted because a gang that is in a rivalry with one in the neighborhood targets any teens who live in the area.

    “They’re not in the gangs, but by them being on this side of Ashland, if you live on this side of Ashland, they’re going to go after you,” Lockhart said in a telephone interview. “They don’t care whose life they take.”

    The victim of today’s shooting lives with his father and mother a block from where he was shot, Lockhart said, and along with another boy who survived another recent shooting visited her home this morning, and talked about how frightened they were by recent shootings, Lockhart said.

    “These kids know me well,” Lockhart said. “They come to me, they confide in me.”

    The victim’s parents, who also have a younger son, bought a basketball hoop last year to keep their sons on the block, and many in the neighborhood play at their home, Lockhart said.

    “If you go east, they have recreation,” said Lockhart, who moved to the neighborhood about six years ago from farther east on the South Side.”We have no YMCA, we have nothing here for these kids.”

    After today’s shooting, Lockhart said she will have to rethink her policy of having an open door for her children’s friends.

    “I’m scared for my life now, because if they see (neighborhood teens) at my house, then my house is jeopardized,” Lockhart said. “I hate to send them away, but there’s nothing I can do.”

  2. #2
    T-MAKAA
    Guest
    Y weren't you posting stories like this weeks, months ago instead of the white and spanish women pics that u jock to? Are u all of a sudden interested in these stories now?

  3. #3
    Registered User OverLord Strum's Avatar OverLord Strum is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    13th Amendment
    Posts
    18,190
    Credits
    51,621,448
    Lol @ jock
    Strum has a Grizzly Bear Rug in his living room.

    It's not dead however...It's just SCARED TO MOVE.

  4. #4
    Dragon Singh IslandmixUSA's Avatar IslandmixUSA is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    17,884
    Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Y weren't you posting stories like this weeks, months ago instead of the white and spanish women pics that u jock to? Are u all of a sudden interested in these stories now?
    You should ask the same question to other members

  5. #5
    T-MAKAA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    You should ask the same question to other members
    Y should I? U are the only one complaining that everyone is making a deal out of this Florida case and not other black on black crimes. U on the other hand had no interest in those cases nor the Zimmerman murder. So which is worse?
    KiwiStarApple and mz_JazE like this.

  6. #6
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Y weren't you posting stories like this weeks, months ago instead of the white and spanish women pics that u jock to? Are u all of a sudden interested in these stories now?
    Aint that just like a N*gg?

    jajajajajajajaja
    Mrs. Skilz™ likes this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.



    Long Live the Queen!

  7. #7
    Dragon Singh IslandmixUSA's Avatar IslandmixUSA is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    17,884
    Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Y should I? U are the only one complaining that everyone is making a deal out of this Florida case and not other black on black crimes. U on the other hand had no interest in those cases nor the Zimmerman murder. So which is worse?
    Please educate me because I have been busy the last two days , was ZIM convicted of murder ?

    Dude I know you are trying to score imix pumz points and I happy for yuh . But I will continue to post stories likes this to prove my point . That imix people full ah shit . Ah talking about the ones who claims it's not about race

  8. #8
    T-MAKAA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Please educate me because I have been busy the last two days , was ZIM convicted of murder ?

    Dude I know you are trying to score imix pumz points and I happy for yuh . But I will continue to post stories likes this to prove my point . That imix people full ah shit . Ah talking about the ones who claims it's not about race
    I added in the murder part purposely.

    So you only posted this to prove a point, you really dont care. So you are no different than the imixers you are referring to.

    Yeah disagreeing with you will help me get IMIX pum points. Carlos said the same thing..u guys are on to something.

  9. #9
    It is I bhalistix's Avatar bhalistix is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    8,600
    Credits
    18,481,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Please educate me because I have been busy the last two days , was ZIM convicted of murder ?

    Dude I know you are trying to score imix pumz points and I happy for yuh . But I will continue to post stories likes this to prove my point . That imix people full ah shit . Ah talking about the ones who claims it's not about race
    so exactly should we do with this and other incidents you post?
    Are the police failing to investigate?
    Are you sure the the killer in these incidents are black?
    What point are you trying to make here jackarse do enlighten....

  10. #10
    Dragon Singh IslandmixUSA's Avatar IslandmixUSA is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    17,884
    Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I added in the murder part purposely.

    So you only posted this to prove a point, you really dont care. So you are no different than the imixers you are referring to.

    Yeah disagreeing with you will help me get IMIX pum points. Carlos said the same thing..u guys are on to something.
    Young man I do care about crime and violence in this country , but I don't jump the gun when someone dies .

  11. #11
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Young man I do care about crime and violence in this country , but I don't jump the gun when someone dies .
    Richard what you are doing is unfortunate and really juvenile. Crime unfortunately happens every day and it's our hope that the system goes after the murderers and convict them.

    In the case that you posted, I hope the killer(s) are found and dealt with the fullest extent of the law.

    Do you see that happening in the Zimmerman case?... NOPE. So what is your point? .. NONE

    You're the one trying to bring color into this on IMIX. Again I specify ON IMIX.

    Everybody else on here wants to see justice served. I know for a fact if that was your son shot while walking in your SAFE neighborhood, you would be seeing red and you WOULD want to make sure that whoever killed him was at least arrested.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  12. #12
    Dragon Singh IslandmixUSA's Avatar IslandmixUSA is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    17,884
    Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Doh feed me that BS about justice you and I both know if there were both white or black . You and the others who claim yuh seeking justice won't be talking about the case . You remember everyone was all sad about Haiti after the earthquake and I asked why everyone care now and they didn't two days before and I get cuss , it's the same today . Just like haiti when this case is no longer in the news . Yuh won't hear anything about justice till the next case



    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Richard what you are doing is unfortunate and really juvenile. Crime unfortunately happens every day and it's our hope that the system goes after the murderers and convict them.

    In the case that you posted, I hope the killer(s) are found and dealt with the fullest extent of the law.

    Do you see that happening in the Zimmerman case?... NOPE. So what is your point? .. NONE

    You're the one trying to bring color into this on IMIX. Again I specify ON IMIX.

    Everybody else on here wants to see justice served. I know for a fact if that was your son shot while walking in your SAFE neighborhood, you would be seeing red and you WOULD want to make sure that whoever killed him was at least arrested.

  13. #13
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Doh feed me that BS about justice you and I both know if there were both white or black . You and the others who claim yuh seeking justice won't be talking about the case . You remember everyone was all sad about Haiti after the earthquake and I asked why everyone care now and they didn't two days before and I get cuss , it's the same today . Just like haiti when this case is no longer in the news . Yuh won't hear anything about justice till the next case
    Richard. You cannot tell people what to care about first off. And now you're going out of your way to pull up stories about other black teens getting killed. We ALL KNOW that is a problem. Black on Black crime has been an issue for a long time. But guess what, the black killers are arrested and jailed with the quickness.

    You're failing to see that a person killed another person and people had to get into an uproar for an investigation to even occur. People had to cause an uproar to prevent the authorities from sweeping it under a rug.

    Anyways I have nothing more to say to you on this. I might cuss you out later though.
    mz_JazE likes this.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  14. #14
    Searching For Answers Hello BKLYN is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,142
    Credits
    51,931,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    You should ask the same question to other members
    You dont see when members post these stories because you just dont give a fuk.. You just want to stay in your world about all the guns and all the mixed and white women you get..

    but these stories as well as stories of black people who ARE DOING SOMETHING do get posted...

    did you see when other members where posting stories like these.. Even stories of a group of black men coming to gether in i think was Detroit saying they are going to do community policing because the killing of children has to end...

    Did you see when the story about the group of black men in brooklyn who were volunteering to walk people home from the train station because of the rash of assaults on women..

    Do you actually see those stories that do indeed get posted or do you just care about making a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Please educate me because I have been busy the last two days , was ZIM convicted of murder ?

    Dude I know you are trying to score imix pumz points and I happy for yuh . But I will continue to post stories likes this to prove my point . That imix people full ah shit . Ah talking about the ones who claims it's not about race
    what point are you trying to prove, when stories like these have been posted...

    and why is it whenever someone disagrees with someone on here the reach for the most convenient argument.. oh he beggin pumz.. oh he is just a racist.. oh he just want to get whitey.. blah blah blah
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 03-29-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    shortsweetness likes this.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

    Carl G. Jung

  15. #15
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    You dont see when members post these stories because you just dont give a fuk.. You just want to stay in your world about all the guns and all the mixed and white women you get..

    but these stories as well as stories of black people who ARE DOING SOMETHING do get posted...

    did you see when other members where posting stories like these.. Even stories of a group of black men coming to gether in i think was Detroit saying they are going to do community policing because the killing of children has to end...

    Did you see when the story about the group of black men in brooklyn who were volunteering to walk people home from the train station because of the rash of assaults on women..

    Do you actually see those stories that do indeed get posted or do you just care about making a point?

    That was probably the day he was busy posting pics ridiculing "Brooklyn Gyals"
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.



    Long Live the Queen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •