Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 & Pregnant!

Mad Scorpion

16 & Pregnant!

Why is MTV doing these kinds of shows? I was hearing on the radio thi morning that they auditioning for it and some girls are getting pregnant in attempts to be on the show! Now surely these girls may lack guidance and that can't be blamed on MV but what exactly is this dumb ass show and others like teen mom promoting. Reality TV is de devil oui!!

Credits
    I guess to show some young, fass ones they need to be careful.. it's not easy having a child and not being able to graduate HS/no GED. *shrugs*

Have u watched the show?
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    From what I've seen, they show just how ketch ass it can be. The only benefit I can see, is when they are interviewed by other other shows. Which I've only seen one couple get interviewed on the Today Show. The benefit that come from that is probably airfare and hotel.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzePenze View Post
    I guess to show some young, fass ones they need to be careful.. it's not easy having a child and not being able to graduate HS/no GED. *shrugs*

Have u watched the show?
    I seen one episode of teen mom.

Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    From what I've seen, they show just how ketch ass it can be. The only benefit I can see, is when they are interviewed by other other shows. Which I've only seen one couple get interviewed on the Today Show. The benefit that come from that is probably airfare and hotel.
    Well they also let the information out about how much the show pays which is 60K and considering the season is short it making some misguided girls feel that it can bring quick money and also be a launch pad to stardom. Imagine reality TV people are in some circles considered stars and it has the potential to steer already drifting young girls badly astray!

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    To show them idiot lil girls and them that think having a child with someone they love at 16 with "someone they love" is no fairy tale. the only girl THAT ISNT catching her a$$ that much is Catelynn (the girl, who along with her bf, decided to give the child up for adoption and have a better life) and she is catching her a$$ in school so really, it's still hard.

TV seems to be these kids biggest teacher so let them watch a show that's telling them the truth.

And common factor in A LOT of these episodes are single parenthood (parents of the preggo girls)

Oh and these dumb a$$ lil girls getting knocked up to be on the show aint the fault of MTV, blame their parents (or lack there of). But they will learn their lesson when they're forever in the public eye and have countless blogs about them calling names, criticizing them, etc. The young ladies that went on this show did a brave thing cuz the backlash from some of the episodes is crazy.
    Last edited by MadamStatuesque; 12-09-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Punany Pulvahriza View Post

Well they also let the information out about how much the show pays which is 60K and considering the season is short it making some misguided girls feel that it can bring quick money and also be a launch pad to stardom. Imagine reality TV people are in some circles considered stars and it has the potential to steer already drifting young girls badly astray!
    I didn't know they were getting paid, that bit of information clearly changes my view on what I thought the show was trying to do.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits

Daaam.. oh ok. I guess that is incentive. Quick money there

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    To show them idiot lil girls and them that think having a child with someone they love at 16 with "someone they love" is no fairy tale. the only girl THAT ISNT catching her a$$ that much is Catelynn (the girl, who along with her bf, decided to give the child up for adoption and have a better life) and she is catching her a$$ in school so really, it's still hard.

TV seems to be these kids biggest teacher so let them watch a show that's telling them the truth.

And common factor in A LOT of these episodes are single parenthood (parents of the preggo girls)

I was just gonna ask if there's any one that has been doing better than before.

I saw a preview for one where this guy was to go to College on a schol and the fam wanted to do a DNA test....sigh
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Daaam.. oh ok. I guess that is incentive. Quick money there

I was just gonna ask if there's any one that has been doing better than before.

I saw a preview for one where this guy was to go to College on a schol and the fam wanted to do a DNA test....sigh
    yeah a Black guy right? i saw that one too.

and why shouldnt these ppl get paid? that money doesnt even amount to the scrutiny they receive now. those chatrooms are brutal boy, ESPECIALLY THE WHITE PPL.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits

and why shouldnt these ppl get paid? that money doesnt even amount to the scrutiny they receive now. those chatrooms are brutal boy, ESPECIALLY THE WHITE PPL.
    Because it gives the idea of making a quick buck ($60K). Just goes to show reality tv isn't real.

DISCLAIMER - I knoooow reality tv isn't real. lol

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Why is MTV doing these kinds of shows? I was hearing on the radio thi morning that they auditioning for it and some girls are getting pregnant in attempts to be on the show! Now surely these girls may lack guidance and that can't be blamed on MV but what exactly is this dumb ass show and others like teen mom promoting. Reality TV is de devil oui!!

cosign. Even tho they show how ketch ass their situations does be, ketch ass is glorified, its "real" and "hood" and all that great stuff. I've been saying for the longest that the reality tv trend is the worst thing that coulda happened...exactly why ppl like it so much i dunno -its all awful to me.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I didn't know they were getting paid, that bit of information clearly changes my view on what I thought the show was trying to do.
    unless it is a news program they (the producers) are bound by laws governing talent and remittances....

in a show like this one the girls would have to be paid
    One step at a time

Credits

I assumed they would get some kind of money... but I guess I viewed it as a documentary kinda thing... lol...not for profit but to highlight the plight kinda thing...

Credits
    I assumed they would get some kind of money... but I guess I viewed it as a documentary kinda thing... lol...not for profit but to highlight the plight kinda thing...
    Same here, kinda day in the life of thing.

Long Live the Queen!

Mad Scorpion

Getting paid isn't the issue, it's the fact that the info is part of the lure. If I advertise a chance to be an extra in a movie it will pll ah lil crowd yes, but if I advertise (or leak info) that extras will make $1K you think it will have more or less people trying to become the extras. I understand the parents angle because it certainly begins at home, but these type of shows no matter how hard it looks for it's participants, will still atract some girls (who on the edge) to the idea of having a baby to attempt to be on the show. What happens to them when they don't get on? It's cause and effect as I see it because the pay information is now fueling a stupid attempt to make some "easy" cash in exchange for a few months (if so much) of your life being documented. I don't know for others but I see these shows as potentialy hurting more than helping

Credits
    I like the show and the one we have here - if should teach girls to keep their legs closed but to be honest I think it goes in one ear and out of the other for most - but if it helps one girl then I spose it has done some good

Those girls obviously have issues if they want to be getting pregnant for the show. I think for them they probably would have done it without the show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast