Credits

13 Year Old Sodomized and Killed in Trinidad

Absolute Madness

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index...s?id=161043123

dead at 13 in sex attack

Enterprise shocked over torture of victim

Richard Charan rcharan@trinidadexpress.com

Tuesday, October 31st 2006

Permanand Persad, 13, murdered at John Trace, Enterprise, on Sunday.

The bedroom of a vacant house was a torture chamber with no escape for 13-year-old Permanand Persad, who was sodomised and savaged by a man he considered his friend.

His head was split open when he was bashed against a wall by his killer, who tried to cut off his limbs.

His face was beaten in and his back and chest were chopped. His throat slit.

Yesterday, police said when Permanand's body was found, it was naked, except for a jersey wrapped around his face.

Most of his teeth were missing. Police found the teeth in a cup.

An autopsy later in the day confirmed the sexual assault and that Permanand's spine was broken.

He was killed on Sunday afternoon at a house off Crown Trace, Enterprise, Chaguanas.

It was an act of kindness that took Permanand to the house. The suspect asked him to buy a box of food and Permanand took it to the house.

Permanand lived three houses from the one in which he died.

It was raining while he was being tortured and killed. That is why police believe no one heard any screams.

The suspected killer did not go far.

When Permanand's body was found that evening by the homeowner, the killer was in the crowd that came to try and identify the boy, whose face was beaten until unrecognisable, investigators said.

A 28-year-old suspect, from the area, ate his mother's dinner and went to bed.

When police went for him at 9 a.m. yesterday, he jumped through a back window and ran to a garden camp where he spent his day allegedly smoking cocaine.

Police credited the village where Permanand lived for helping in the hunt that led to the arrest of the killer three hours later. The suspect was headed for the highway when held.

Permanand was a pupil of the Chaguanas Junior Secondary School. He lived with his aunt, Sita Ramroop, and uncle, Devan Maharaj.

His parents, Vimala and Ram Persad, were too poor to care for Permanand, and his sister, Tricia,11.

Maharaj said his nephew "was a favourite in the village. Everybody loved that boy. He was quiet and respectful".

Maharaj said the boy had worked cutting lawns to buy deyas to light around his home for Divali.

His body was found in a toilet and bathroom enclosure in the bedroom of the home of a woman who visited at 3.45 p.m.

She ran, thinking it was her son. The blood was everywhere.

Police said Permanand fought for his life.

His body was identified by his father who said: "I couldn't believe it, not my son. Look what drugs and addicts could do."

Permanand's mother said: "He would do anything for me. He was a good boy. I didn't even know it was him in the mortuary."

The killer changed his blood-soaked pants and joined them in identifying the body, villagers said.

Ramroop said: "He told everybody he would never kill a child, and then he went home."

Using a helicopter and tracker dogs, police searched a one square mile of abandoned cane field off Dass Trace, Egypt Trace and Endeavour Road. They were tipped off by several villagers who spotted the suspect in his garden shack.

Villagers had given the police until nightfall to catch the man. They vowed vigilante justice if he was not apprehended by then.

Sookoo Jaggan, who lives a mile from the murder scene, saw the police arrest the suspect.

He said: "The man was wearing a yellow shorts and slippers, walking cool, cool on the road, like he just come from hunting, when the police spot him."

Jaggan said the police snatched and searched the man, who was smiling.

Permanand's funeral will be held on Thursday.

Central Division homicide offices are investigating

Credits
    el reposto

vincy_socababy
    good lord *shudders* what wrong with people

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassy View Post
    Absolute Madness

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index...s?id=161043123

dead at 13 in sex attack

Enterprise shocked over torture of victim

Richard Charan rcharan@trinidadexpress.com

Tuesday, October 31st 2006

Permanand Persad, 13, murdered at John Trace, Enterprise, on Sunday.

The bedroom of a vacant house was a torture chamber with no escape for 13-year-old Permanand Persad, who was sodomised and savaged by a man he considered his friend.

His head was split open when he was bashed against a wall by his killer, who tried to cut off his limbs.

His face was beaten in and his back and chest were chopped. His throat slit.

Yesterday, police said when Permanand's body was found, it was naked, except for a jersey wrapped around his face.

Most of his teeth were missing. Police found the teeth in a cup.

An autopsy later in the day confirmed the sexual assault and that Permanand's spine was broken.

He was killed on Sunday afternoon at a house off Crown Trace, Enterprise, Chaguanas.

It was an act of kindness that took Permanand to the house. The suspect asked him to buy a box of food and Permanand took it to the house.

Permanand lived three houses from the one in which he died.

It was raining while he was being tortured and killed. That is why police believe no one heard any screams.

The suspected killer did not go far.

When Permanand's body was found that evening by the homeowner, the killer was in the crowd that came to try and identify the boy, whose face was beaten until unrecognisable, investigators said.

A 28-year-old suspect, from the area, ate his mother's dinner and went to bed.

When police went for him at 9 a.m. yesterday, he jumped through a back window and ran to a garden camp where he spent his day allegedly smoking cocaine.

Police credited the village where Permanand lived for helping in the hunt that led to the arrest of the killer three hours later. The suspect was headed for the highway when held.

Permanand was a pupil of the Chaguanas Junior Secondary School. He lived with his aunt, Sita Ramroop, and uncle, Devan Maharaj.

His parents, Vimala and Ram Persad, were too poor to care for Permanand, and his sister, Tricia,11.

Maharaj said his nephew "was a favourite in the village. Everybody loved that boy. He was quiet and respectful".

Maharaj said the boy had worked cutting lawns to buy deyas to light around his home for Divali.

His body was found in a toilet and bathroom enclosure in the bedroom of the home of a woman who visited at 3.45 p.m.

She ran, thinking it was her son. The blood was everywhere.

Police said Permanand fought for his life.

His body was identified by his father who said: "I couldn't believe it, not my son. Look what drugs and addicts could do."

Permanand's mother said: "He would do anything for me. He was a good boy. I didn't even know it was him in the mortuary."

The killer changed his blood-soaked pants and joined them in identifying the body, villagers said.

Ramroop said: "He told everybody he would never kill a child, and then he went home."

Using a helicopter and tracker dogs, police searched a one square mile of abandoned cane field off Dass Trace, Egypt Trace and Endeavour Road. They were tipped off by several villagers who spotted the suspect in his garden shack.

Villagers had given the police until nightfall to catch the man. They vowed vigilante justice if he was not apprehended by then.

Sookoo Jaggan, who lives a mile from the murder scene, saw the police arrest the suspect.

He said: "The man was wearing a yellow shorts and slippers, walking cool, cool on the road, like he just come from hunting, when the police spot him."

Jaggan said the police snatched and searched the man, who was smiling.

Permanand's funeral will be held on Thursday.

Central Division homicide offices are investigating
    THINGS ARE REALLY BAD THERE...LIL CHILDREN GETTING RAPED

AND I HEAR A COLLECTIVE "HUSH" .

Brown Milk

wheeeeeeeeeey

this is pure madness... what dis world has come to...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    THINGS ARE REALLY BAD THERE...LIL CHILDREN GETTING RAPED

AND I HEAR A COLLECTIVE "HUSH" .
    ...and "little children getting raped" not happening elsewhere, I supposed.

Ah the hell that is Trinidad and Tobago, and the fixation that non-Trinidadians on Imix have with it. Story to follow after your local news...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post

Ah the hell that is Trinidad and Tobago, and the fixation that non-Trinidadians on Imix have with it. Story to follow after your local news...
    How Trinidad boss?! Enjoying yuhself?

Credits

Heeeey bakes How u doin I really missed u last week
    GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

dev
    Credits

YES,but in Trinidad, it happens so often.WHY???

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    YES,but in Trinidad, it happens so often.WHY???
    I don't think it happens in Trinidad more often than say a Jamaica... what you are experiencing is over-exposure to this news from Trinidad because this is a predominantly Trinidadian site. I am sure I could post similar stories from Jamaican news just as frequently.

Credits
    a little too many details

Taj
    Credits
    whoa really sad

waiting to hear more details
    r they trying to say he was high when he did it?
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

$ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$ Dark & Lovely's Avatar Dark & Lovely is offline
    Credits
    Wow this is horrible...THey should beat the Muther f'er in jail and break his totte in half.
    May the little boy rest in peace!
    "TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED
    TOO ANNOINTED TO BE DISAPPOINTED"

Kiz
    Credits
    drugs boi drugs........AYE!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    How Trinidad boss?! Enjoying yuhself?
    I juss reach back yesterday fadda...I here recuperating before having to head back to de plantation tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by carib_xtc View Post
    Heeeey bakes How u doin I really missed u last week
    I musse look like 'mamaguy' is my middle name