Thread: 12yr old girl jumps to her death, I don't believe the reason she jump do you?

Credits

Question 12yr old girl jumps to her death, I don't believe the reason she jump do you?

Girl, 12, jumps to her death

Story Updated: Aug 13, 2011 at 1:07 AM ECT

A 12-year-old girl died last night after she was said to have jumped from an apartment building in which she lived.
    The dead girl has been identified as Terrika Cupid, who lived at the Mango Rose apartment block, Jackson Place, off Piccadilly Street, Port of Spain. She lived with her mother, stepfather and ten-year-old brother in the apartment.
    Her mother, Shermin Cupid, was not at home at the time of the incident.
    Police said Terrika jumped from the ninth floor of the building after she was scolded.

Girl, 12, jumps to her death | Trinidad Express Newspaper | News
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Wow. First thing that come to mind is sexual abuse.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    Wow. First thing that come to mind is sexual abuse.
    Something always go wrong when the biological parent not home, I just don't see her jumping off the 9th floor just for being scolded - something don't seem right with this one to me.

Poca
    Biological parents do abuse their children to.

I don't get the feeling that she was being sexual assaulted at that moment. Kids don't usually make such grand gestures. They tend to suffer in silence or act out. This kid was maybe pushed to her death either intentionally or not. Some parents tend to get enraged beyond control.

sharkie
    In the comments section...

This is what happens ...........No wonder this article was not credited. They did not get the name of the child right, no interview was done with the family neither residents in the area. It was mentioned that she lived with her step father, mother and brother but no mention was made that the stepfather reported to the police that he scolded her for an alleged relationship with a boy, neither the fact that her brother was at home at the time and the poor youth witnessed his sister's death. Some articles open the door to these speculations

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    Biological parents do abuse their children to.

I don't get the feeling that she was being sexual assaulted at that moment. Kids don't usually make such grand gestures. They tend to suffer in silence or act out. This kid was maybe pushed to her death either intentionally or not. Some parents tend to get enraged beyond control.
    kids that age, do do those things....that is like one of the most emotionally confusing ages for children....read a story about a girl (who happened to be friends with my nephew and his friends) who hung herself in her closet, just because she was being teased in school....and she was around 12 at the time then....children do make grand gestures, and suicide is very popular amongst children
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Gladiator
    Scolding is not always the answer to discipline kids. Alot of parents in Trini do not realize this. They are conditioned to believe scolding and beating is the only form of discipline because they were treated the same as kids.
    I remember seeing a woman beating her little kid for spilling juice on the floor. Telling the kid she needs to learn. I was like "Wtf wrong with this woman" She should know kids make mistakes. However the people around this woman seem to not carewhat this woman were doing to her kid because this type of discipline is still accepted.
    I dont know why this girl commit suicide. It can be for alot of different reasons (from sexual abuse, being bullied at school, lost of something important in her life) but from what i read in this thread we know what she did right after she get a beating.
    Last edited by Gladiator; 08-13-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Credits

Arrow

Police seek friend after girl’s death
    By RHONDOR DOWLAT Sunday, August 14 2011

A MANHUNT has been launched for a man from Champs Fleurs, who police believe holds the answer to the death of 12-year-old Tamika Cupid, of Jackson Place, Port-of-Spain.

It had been initially believed that Cupid jumped to her death from the eighth floor of the apartment building on Friday. The incident, police said, occurred at about 5 pm, but Cupid’s body was only ordered removed by the District Medical Officer from the scene at about 9 pm that night.

However, police investigators yesterday said they believe the man could give them key information as to exactly what led to the girl’s death.

Yesterday, Cupid’s mother, Shermeen, told Sunday Newsday she believes the man holds the key to information on her daughter’s death, as he is believed to have been the last person to have seen her alive.

“That man and I knew each other for the past four years. Since this thing happened after the undertakers left with her body at about 9 pm on Friday, I have been trying to call him and he is not answering his phone. Even the police called me and said they were unable to reach him. I strongly believe that something is wrong here and he has the answer to my child’s death. He knows exactly what happened to her in the last moments before she died,” the senior Cupid said.

Shermeen said her daughter’s brother, Isaiah, ten, was with her in their apartment when the incident occurred, but said yesterday she believes he was too traumatised to disclose any details.

“All I heard was that her phone rang and the man (named called) answered her phone and asked the boy, who is her friend, why he was calling her. I really don’t know what happened, if he had threatened to slap her, or what tripped her off because she is easily tripped off in anger.

“I don’t even hit my daughter, to discipline her I would take away the things that she love and she would listen. I just want to know why this has happened to her,” she said.

“She had friends that would call her from time to time. I also know about the boy who would call her but that was just her friend,” she added.

Cupid said on Friday she left home at 8.30 am to go to her workplace at the Royal Castle food outlet on Frederick Street, where she is a cook, and added that she left Tamika in “good spirits”.

“She was normal when I left home. Actually before she was laughing how I had on a ‘balloon’ pants and her brother, Isaiah, also started laughing at me. I was making fun at her and her hair and she said to me in a joking manner to leave and go with my balloon pants.

“When I finished work at about 6 pm my supervisor told me to go home and when I reached by Maraj and Sons I got a phone call telling me that my daughter had just died. I began bawling down the place and falling down on the streets. I just could not believe what I was hearing. I left my daughter at home very good.”

Shermeen described her daughter as a “home girl” and a “lover of music”.

“She is always home and if she is outside she would be seen playing hop scotch or moral, otherwise you would catch her inside listening to music. She loved all kinds of music and had a big CD case filled with all different CDs. Whenever she would put it on hard every other child right around would come and all of them would real ‘flex’ (dance) out. If she was not listening to music hard she would always be wrapped up in her sheet listening to it with the things plugged in her ears.

“She was so loving, ask anyone. She and her brother Isaiah were always close and since that has happened he misses her terribly and is always crying. She never showed signs of depression or anger so I really would want to know what happened in those last moments.”

Officers of the Besson Street CID are continuing investigations.

Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

Taj
    Credits
    even if a kid were to commit suicide I don't think that's the way they would choose to go.

That lil girl was tossed off d balcony.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by First Lieutenant View Post
    Scolding is not always the answer to discipline kids. Alot of parents in Trini do not realize this. They are conditioned to believe scolding and beating is the only form of discipline because they were treated the same as kids.
    I remember seeing a woman beating her little kid for spilling juice on the floor. Telling the kid she needs to learn. I was like "Wtf wrong with this woman" She should know kids make mistakes. However the people around this woman seem to not carewhat this woman were doing to her kid because this type of discipline is still accepted.
    I dont know why this girl commit suicide. It can be for alot of different reasons (from sexual abuse, being bullied at school, lost of something important in her life) but from what i read in this thread we know what she did right after she get a beating.
    ??????

Enlighten me please. Parents shouldnt scold OR beat their kids? They should do what then?

Did you just want to make a point because you ended it with the fact she got a beating. Where did you read that?