Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: 12 Yrs old gets beating for posting half naked pics on FB. Mother post video online.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Seems to me that the mother also learned a valuable lesson about posting on FB!!!
    Yes that people who don't know your business can be judgmental and cruel.

I don't think she regrets posting the video but she regrets learning how nasty and judgmental some folks can be who don't know what she has been going tru with bringing up her child the best way that she could.
    Colors likes this.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Lepè, be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    If you were my child I would beat you more than that for being so naive and dotish!
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Unit View Post
    What background info do you have that suggest this is extreme? Putting it up is not just to shame her but to show them lil imps and them that her mother is not taking it lightly. Predators are less likely to go after her when they realize moms on the lookout. So the lil boys who tellin she how big dey prick is will now either avoid her or think twice because it could get sticky.

It seems that many have an issue with corporal punishment as a whole and that is fine if they feel that way. But children don't come out on a conveyor belt and all respond the exact same to the same manner of upbringing. Children are individuals that have their own ways of thinking and perceiving situations. So despite the best efforts in some cases they will still go totally against what they've been taught or know is right. Using myself as an example I didn't need nor want for much of anything, yet as vice I went with my friends and tief chocolate in the mall. All of us had money and could pay, all knew it was stupid and wrong, yet we all did it. Why? Who de fock knows? When we get we ass cut in front the school at assembly it send the message. Now I am not claiming this works for all but it cannot be off the table as a disciplinary tool. the only reason why we can even have any sort of discussion about it is because the mom posted it. If the child is feeling the repercussions of it then it is doing what was intended because that was desinged to shame her into thinking. Cussing aside did you listen to what that woman was saying to her? Is the message being lost because of the disenchantment with the method?
    you probably wasn't a BAD child....to me a beating just reinforces other forms of discipline and is more effective when the child doesn't have serious behavioral problems...but when the child has serious behavior problems...beating to me, is very ineffective

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Crafty View Post
    *sigh*...this woman is no better

look how the pickney in the background behaving....she don't have no manners...when big people doing their thing. she suppose to not be in sight...not all up in the business...if your pickney don't know that...then you fail as a parent....

at least with the other mother.....those other children were doing wht they were supposed to be doing....minding their business...the older one look like she was cooking or something...and the you never even see the little one until the mother call her out the next room....lets me know she probably is doing a good job

thing is, what i noticed about her when she administer her beating...she TALK and she talk SENSE....she let her daughter know WHY it was wrong and what the consequences were
    Socapro, Colors and Yankee Doodle like this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post

*sigh*...this woman is no better

look how the pickney in the background behaving....she don't have no manners...when big people doing their thing. she suppose to not be in sight...not all up in the business...if your pickney don't know that...then you fail as a parent....

at least with the other mother.....those other children were doing wht they were supposed to be doing....minding their business...the older one look like she was cooking or something...and the you never even see the little one until the mother call her out the next room....lets me know she probably is doing a good job

thing is, what i noticed about her when she administer her beating...she TALK and she talk SENSE....she let her daughter know WHY it was wrong and what the consequences were

I was watching dem other kids too in the background. Lol .
    You can lick up your kids
    But doh leave evidence and put that chit on fb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Crafty View Post
    Only bad part is recording thr punishment n puttin it online. Daiz fckry jus a simple cutass will do d trick.
    True ....

Credits
    It's all the sister fault
    Now she making a video about "mommy"and how her sister learn lesson
    And she telling sister what to say
    She set up the video
    And she was in de background acting busy
    And notice how she turn off the video on the end
    So this chit she talking now is damage control

Credits
    There will be no solutions found in this forum on this topic but great discussion here!

All i can say is that my mother never lifted a finger an any of us and today we are all big men and women and will not say a mildest of curse words in her presence.

She lead by example.
    antiguad likes this.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits
    put it on facebook, wash she tail wit lix

i am not that big on lix but sometimes its needed. This is commonplace in trinidad, lets move on now
    i know people pee theyself when gettin lix offa the fright

iz potspoon, swizzle stick, cake pan, guava wip, coconut stem, everything was comin at u

she learnt a lesson and it sparked a big discussion same time
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    I was watching dem other kids too in the background. Lol .
    You can lick up your kids
    But doh leave evidence and put that chit on fb
    Some of you people here really are slow.

The licks was administered, recorded and put on facebook for a very good reason and it ultimately had the desired effect despite some fools here trying to be judgmental about the mother and why she decided it was time to deal appropriately with her child.

The fact that some of you guys may have seen the video made by her daughters and are still trying to condemn the mother speaks volumes to your lack of understanding and always trying to be judgement.

From what I see I suspect that woman is a better and more responsible mother/parent than most of you here who have been trying to be judgmental and condemn her for her actions.

The only thing the mother did wrong was to swear/cuss a few times while administering the punishment but everything else she did was quite appropriate as far as I can gather.

Congrats once again to a good mother who obviously loves her children and hopefully they will all turn out well which would be better than many posters here who have been trying to condemn the mother for doing what she was forced to do.
    Colors likes this.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    It's all the sister fault
    Now she making a video about "mommy"and how her sister learn lesson
    And she telling sister what to say
    She set up the video
    And she was in de background acting busy
    And notice how she turn off the video on the end
    So this chit she talking now is damage control
    You are truly slow.

The sister did what was appropriate to help her Mom teach her younger sister (who was getting out of control) a good lesson.

In fact I commend her for being a loving and responsible older daughter for being so willing to help her mother out. Right now she is in her mother's good books and rightly so.
    What a good responsible older daughter to have, her mother should be proud of her.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    If you were my child I would beat you more than that Mother for being so naive and dotish!

If I were you I would refrain from this path you are heading, 1st Mayling now Poca ain't so much I can take....

Credits
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    I'll bet if the suppose photos of her was seen on FB, the mother would've got chastised but the same ones who say she shouldn't... she would get blame for not being a good mother and what she could be doing that the child have so much time on her hands to do this and not do her school work... now the children of have media to expose what they doing... have no respect for theirselve or adults... when shit hits the fan who gets blame... as a child I stop and think about the punishment I would get sometimes, sometimes I did and pray I won't get find out... you have parents going by school beat teachers... and because of and embarrassing punishment people bawling, she embarrassed her mom by her actions for peers attention... she got double punishment and I don't feel sorry for her... my 2 cents and I done with the talk... your opinion this is mind...
    biggadon and Socapro like this.
    Only shades of colour that are seen on IMIX, BLACK, WHITE & GREY. The beauty of all things are transform into those colours... Winter very LONG, spring, summer fall very SHORT.

Credits
    Some of you people here really are slow.

The licks was administered, recorded and put on facebook for a very good reason and it ultimately had the desired effect despite some fools here trying to be judgmental about the mother and why she decided it was time to deal appropriately with her child.

The fact that some of you guys may have seen the video made by her daughters and are still trying to condemn the mother speaks volumes to your lack of understanding and always trying to be judgement.

From what I see I suspect that woman is a better and more responsible mother/parent than most of you here who have been trying to be judgmental and condemn her for her actions.

The only thing the mother did wrong was to swear/cuss a few times while administering the punishment but everything else she did was quite appropriate as far as I can gather.

Congrats once again to a good mother who obviously loves her children and hopefully they will all turn out well which would be better than many posters here who have been trying to condemn the mother for doing what she was forced to do.

@ coming from a simpleton, who is DELUSIONAL in thinking his OPINION is always FACTS and who love to argue and be judgmental- when did you get reformed to be a "non judgmental" poster ?

so now you have an "effective" method to discipline your kids - see you on tube !!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by biggadon View Post
    So I guess children that never get blows dont indulge in negative behavior....ok buddy you win lol
    Never said that did I?

I'm pointing out, many (millions) of children who get licks, blows, or whatever you call it still misbehave AFTER.

Likewise, millions of children who never get licks grow up with normal lives, and are properly functioning and law abiding systems.

We must get rid of the mentality that physical beatings are NECESSARY to raise a law abiding citizen, because they are not.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast