Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 Murders from Fantastic Friday to Ash Wednesday.

Credits

Thumbs down 12 Murders from Fantastic Friday to Ash Wednesday.

Killers make mas
    12 slain over Carnival weekend

By Akile Simon
    Story Created: Mar 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM ECT

THE murder figure for the year climbed to 85 with the killings of 12 people between Carnival Friday and yesterday afternoon.
    In the latest incidents, which occurred in Sea Lots and Talparo, one of the victims was identified as Elton "Curlyman" Edwards, of Todd's Station Road, Talparo, while the Sea Lots victim remained unidentified.
    In the first incident, residents of Pioneer Drive, Sea Lots, reported to police that they heard several gunshots in the area on Carnival Tuesday night. Officers responded to the report and conducted several searches but came up empty- handed. Around 7.45 a.m. yesterday, a resident stumbled upon the bullet-riddled body of a man in an open yard. The police were notified and a team of officers from the Besson Street CID, the Region I Homicide Bureau of Investigations and the Crime Scene Unit went to the scene.
    Police said it appeared the victim was shot more than 30 times about the body. The man is of African descent, in his 20s, with a low haircut, small beard and moustache. He was five feet six inches tall, slim built and clad in a blue three quarter jeans, black underpants and blue and black Air Max Nike sneakers.
    Anyone with information which could assist police in solving the crime and identifying the victim is asked to contact the Besson Street CID at 625-8008 or the Homicide Bureau at 625-0508.
    Meanwhile, officers of the Region II Homicide Bureau and the San Raphael Police Station are probing the shooting death of Edwards, which occurred at a bar at Talparo Junction, where the victim was liming.
    According to police, Edwards was liming at the bar shortly after 1 p.m. when four occupants in a red Nissan B-11 Sunny motorcar stopped, and two of the suspects entered the establishment and approached Edwards.
    The men then began to frisk the victim, relieving him of all his gold jewelry and cash before one of the suspects pulled out a gun and shot Edwards once in the chest. The men then escaped in the waiting vehicle. Edwards was taken to the Arima District Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
    Officers believe Edward's killing was a direct hit, since no one else in the bar was harmed and the assailants attempted to make the incident look like a robbery. Investigations are continuing into the incident.
    Meanwhile, the body of a man which was found with bullet wounds last Friday in Rousillac has been identified as that of Tosh St John, 28, a construction worker of Couva.
    St John, the father of one child, was positively identified by his mother, Claudia, and other relatives yesterday at the Forensic Science Centre in St James, where a post mortem revealed he died from five gunshot wounds about the body. A motive is yet to be established for the incident and investigations are continuing.
    Among the victims killed between Carnival Friday and yesterday are Jamaican national Derval Martin, 24; Ishmael Sabur, 21; O'Brien George; Commie Torres, 18; Hafraz Ali, 37; Peter Wallace; Ricky Gopaul; and two unidentified bodies, one of which was found along the North Coast Road Maraval and the other at the Riverside Recreation Grounds, St Joseph.

Killers make mas | Trinidad Express Newspaper | News

5 hitmen held
    By NEWSDAY STAFF Thursday, March 10 2011

HOURS after the Carnival ended, police officers from Port-of-Spain Division accompanied by soldiers swooped down on several houses in the Laventille and Beetham areas and arrested five men, whom they described as “hitmen for hire.” Two of the suspected killers are in their teens.

A major joint army/police exercise led by Insp Sahadeo Singh saw officers cordon-off specific areas and searches being conducted. The five were held in connection with five murders which occurred between November 2010 to March 4. Four of the murder victims were identified as: PH taxi driver Denzil Maynard; panman Henry Cyrus; security guard David De Freitas and another security guard, Jamaican national Derval Martin.

The persons arrested are from the areas where they were held and are 18, 19, 22, 25 and 27 years. They were up to late last night being questioned by homicide detectives. The exercise commenced at about 2 am and ended at about 5 am. Investigators told Newsday the detained men are believed to be hitmen for hire who accepted money to kill people.

On March 4, Martin, 28, was shot and wounded while leaving the NP Gas Station off the Beetham Highway. It was reported that at about 9 am two security officers assigned to a security company at Picton Road, Laventille pulled up at the gas station to re-fuel their vehicle. The officers were identified as: driver Roger Felix and Martin of Dan Kelly, Laventille.

Police said after they were through with re-fuelling and were driving out several loud explosions were heard. Felix, on realising that Martin was shot and wounded drove straight to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital. However, Martin was pronounced dead on arrival.

On February 4, Cyrus, 55, was gunned down and three other persons injured during a drive-by shooting at a panyard in Laventille. Cyrus was a founding member of Uni Stars panyard. Among those injured are 13-year-old schoolboy Shanel Abraham, Evelun Batson, 58, and Avis Greaves, 36. Abraham and Batson were shot in their legs while Greaves sustained gunshot injuries to the left of her chest and thigh.

It was reported that at about 12.30 am, several occupants in a car drove past the panyard and fired shots at pan players. The suspects, police said, drove near Pashley Street where they opened fire on occupants of two vehicles, but the occupants were not injured. Cyrus, Abraham, Batson and Greaves were taken to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital where Cyrus was pronounced dead-on-arrival while the others were treated and warded.

On February 15, De Freitas, 24, of Beetham Gardens was gunned down near his home at 7th Street. On November 9 2010 Maynard was hog-tied, stabbed and his throat slit. His body was placed in a trunk of a car, which was driven to the St Francois Valley Road, Belmont and abandoned. Investigators believe that Maynard of Bank Village, Carapichaima was killed near his home.

Three suspects who recently moved into the Bank Village area, are currently assisting police in their investigations at the Freeport Police Station. Over the Carnival weekend 150 persons were arrested on various offences including possession of arms and ammunition; narcotics; weapons and shootings.

Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :
    Last edited by notorious saga; 03-10-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    I think Trinidad has some of the craziest people around . Kats be wilding out for no reason over there.
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    At least they eh kill no tourist
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits
    True ting man. But still , kats be on some wild sh*t.
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Swagga~ View Post
    I think Trinidad has some of the craziest people around . Kats be wilding out for no reason over there.
    Yea meen know whappen tuh dat place hoss, like is real jumbie bizzness taking dem yutes - yuh cyah even watch ah dem else deh ready tuh blast yuh. if ah man mash yuh is best yuh tell em sorry yuh foot was in he way yes.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Kakez868
    Score Card Says De' Devils Take 12 This Carnival Season..*sigh*

Christmas An' Cahnival I Fine Is Murder Season Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt file View Post
    At least they eh kill no tourist
    Hahahaha

Credits
    yet tnt still have 1 of de highest homosexual rates in de caribbean? fake badman mi seh

Kakez868
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.BOOMBASTIC View Post
    yet tnt still have 1 of de highest homosexual rates in de caribbean? fake badman mi seh
    Huh?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakez868 View Post
    Huh?
    annuh bere trini fags a ask fi gay rights?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakez868 View Post
    Huh?
    people talking bout murder but homosexuality is on his mind...u always have to wonder about them sometimes.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Yea meen know whappen tuh dat place hoss, like is real jumbie bizzness taking dem yutes - yuh cyah even watch ah dem else deh ready tuh blast yuh. if ah man mash yuh is best yuh tell em sorry yuh foot was in he way yes.:rofl:

Or go for there neck first . LOL . I feel more safe surrounded by Brooklyn Thugs than rolling around TNT at times. Which is such a shame because Trinidad has so many nice areas with such good looking women.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Mystery View Post
    people talking bout murder but homosexuality is on his mind...u always have to wonder about them sometimes.
    says de trini who have gay friends

Credits
    if yuh wan talk bout thugs...check st lucia

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.BOOMBASTIC View Post
    A dude like you wouldn't even survive in Brooklyn from how much time u spend online acting pretty. I am sure you would get thrown into the back of a van from the first time U touch base on that island if you said that out loud.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Swagga~ View Post
    A dude like you wouldn't even survive in Brooklyn from how much time u spend online acting pretty. I am sure you would get thrown into the back of a van from the first time U touch base on that island if you said that out loud.
    rightio...says de softie grenadian who fraid trinis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast