Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Tobago ministers want Elton John banned

Credits

Thumbs up 10 Tobago ministers want Elton John banned

10 ministers wants Elton John banned
    Elizabeth W Allard
    Friday, March 30th 2007

Ten Evangelical Ministers who have formed themselves into a Committee have renewed their calls for the banning of Sir Elton John from visiting Tobago under the Immigration Act Article 8 (18/1).

Under the Act homosexuals are not allowed to enter the country, except as provided in subsection (2). Entry into Trinidad and Tobago of the persons described in this subsection, other than citizens and, subject to section 7(2), residents, is prohibited, namely, prostitutes, homosexuals, or persons earnings of prostitutes or homosexuals, or persons reasonably suspected as coming to Trinidad and Tobago for these or any other immoral purposes.
    Sir Elton who recently celebrated his 60th birthday has proclaimed himself a homosexual. He is coming by his private jet on April 29 to perform at the Plymouth Jazz Festival. Two of the Ministers, Pastors Whitfield Lawrence and Terrance Baynes expressed disappointment that the State was not lifting their voice on the issue. The Pastors recently met with Chief Secretary Orville London to discuss the matter and according to them he advised them to divert their energies to other pressing matters on the island while Tourism Secretary Neil Wilson has called for whoever is without sin to cast the first stone.

Quoting Romans 1:27 Pastor Lawrence stated that according to the Bible, homosexuality was wrong and emphasised that the Church was not being prejudicial against homosexuals since they were human beings like everyone else. However, he said, while the church loved the sinner it will not condone the sin, and those who wish to follow the Christian principle will be taught.
    The Pastors said their Church had no intention of staging any placard demonstration on arrival of Sir John but will continue to pray over the situation. They said the question of him being knighted by the Queen was a non issue and pointed out that Sir Elton's visit will have a negative effect on the island overtime, as there seemed to be a gay agenda.

http://www.thetobagonews.com/index.p...le?id=11066973
    Agitate until we create a stable society that benefits all our people.
    Instigate the nation until we remedy the injustices of society.
    Motivate our people to set a meaningful path for coming generations.
    Educate our people to free our minds and develop our consciousness

Mwongozi Cudjoe (Chedmond Browne)
    Chairman of Free Montserrat United Movement

Credits
    I am starting to like Tobago, but the men in Trinidad still allow their girlfriends to use dildos on them, so no ratings for Trinidad.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Clans View Post
    I am starting to like Tobago, but the men in Trinidad still allow their girlfriends to use dildos on them, so no ratings for Trinidad.

Agitate until we create a stable society that benefits all our people.
    Instigate the nation until we remedy the injustices of society.
    Motivate our people to set a meaningful path for coming generations.
    Educate our people to free our minds and develop our consciousness

Mwongozi Cudjoe (Chedmond Browne)
    Chairman of Free Montserrat United Movement

Links30
    Charles: Tobagonians practising wrong politics
    Friday, March 30th 2007

Tobagonians are practicing wrong politics by voting for Trinidad-based political parties. This was one of the views expressed by DAC leader Hochoy Charles, when he addressed the fifth in a series of DAC public meetings last week Thursday night at Bagatelle.

Earlier in the meeting DAC chairman and THA Minority Leader Ashworth Jack chastised the PNM controlled THA for failing to make Tobago an integral part of the 2007 Cricket World Cup. He said, Tobago has a larger population and landmass than St. Kitts and "yet we could not even get a cricket stadium and some warm-up games. He felt that our failure to get into the cricket World Cup did not speak well for our tourism thrust.

Jack was also scathing in his attacks against the London-led THA for the number of unfinished projects on the island.

When Charles got his turn to speak he began with his beaten mantra of equating the 'doubting Thomases' in the biblical Noah time with the present day doubters, whom he claimed were not in tuned with the dangers facing small islands like Tobago because of competition with the coming of globalisation.

Charles argued that the problems facing Tobago "did not start today but had to do with the unequal relationship with Trinidad. It was the problem, which faced Tobago representative James Biggart in the 1920s and 1930s and APT James during the 1950s. "They all complained about the unsatisfactory nature of the relationship with Trinidad" he said.

Charles, a former THA Chief Secretary said even when there were two Tobago representatives in the national Parliament representing the Party in Government, it made no difference. He said, "the only time when Tobago made a forward movement at a national parliamentary level was when ANR Robinson and Dr Winston Murray represented the DAC in the House of Representatives in 1976. "It was during that period that Tobago achieved the institution of the THA by their efforts in the House," he added. The DAC leader noted, "Robinson and Murray were able to make inroads for Tobago in Parliament because they were not controlled by a Trinidad-based Party".

Turning to the politics of the day, Charles noted that the "present administration is now getting $1.6B while we only got $300M but they were not achieving what we did." He further boasted that "it was my administration which took the Government to court to get increase funding for Tobago and this was what the PNM THA Administration was now benefiting from, yet they are not delivering for the people of the island."
    -------------------------------------------------------------

You see why we need to get rid of LONDON... *smh*

Links30
    That last post was carry on...

Taj
    Credits
    Hochoy din do much to me either

everyone has pretty much been ineffective

still no new hospital, no hospital in the country

gov't ministers give their friends contracts to build hotels

Dwight yorke espenade thing took forever to build

didn't have proper athletics field

still doan have a decent hospital or proper urban planning in scarborough

but there are more schools, Dwight Yorke stadium we were able to host Youth World Cup matches

I would like expand but my laptop acting up

So go ahead Bago like is one man to be blamed but many of those chief secs since the 80s have contributed to the lack of progress and will do what politicians do cast blame on the one in power and promise they have the magic potion to solve all maladies

I'm not pro any particular one cuz all sellin bullshit
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

J
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post

they make all these empty promises to get into the position of power and when it comes time to act... they ain't worth a piny ah piss. The whole system just needs to be revamped... all these ppl just talk a good game... as with most political figures

Credits
    Ah DONE TEL ARYO TOBAGONIANS to JOIN UP WID VINCYLAND, cause dem TRINIS DOH CARE ABOUT ARYO.

LEY dem SWIM in their PITCH LAKE like PIGS.

It is TIME to SECEDE from the UNION, TOBAGO.

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh

Links30
    Hochoy din do much to me either

everyone has pretty much been ineffective

still no new hospital, no hospital in the country

gov't ministers give their friends contracts to build hotels

Dwight yorke espenade thing took forever to build

didn't have proper athletics field

still doan have a decent hospital or proper urban planning in scarborough

but there are more schools, Dwight Yorke stadium we were able to host Youth World Cup matches

I would like expand but my laptop acting up

So go ahead Bago like is one man to be blamed but many of those chief secs since the 80s have contributed to the lack of progress and will do what politicians do cast blame on the one in power and promise they have the magic potion to solve all maladies

Quote Originally Posted by Lady J View Post
    they make all these empty promises to get into the position of power and when it comes time to act... they ain't worth a piny ah piss. The whole system just needs to be revamped... all these ppl just talk a good game... as with most political figures

Tobagonians are practicing wrong politics by voting for Trinidad-based political parties. This was one of the views expressed by DAC leader Hochoy Charles, when he addressed the fifth in a series of DAC public meetings last week Thursday night at Bagatelle.

Earlier in the meeting DAC chairman and THA Minority Leader Ashworth Jack chastised the PNM controlled THA for failing to make Tobago an integral part of the 2007 Cricket World Cup. He said, Tobago has a larger population and landmass than St. Kitts and "yet we could not even get a cricket stadium and some warm-up games. He felt that our failure to get into the cricket World Cup did not speak well for our tourism thrust.

Jack was also scathing in his attacks against the London-led THA for the number of unfinished projects on the island.

EVEN THOUGH.....

When Charles got his turn to speak he began with his beaten mantra of equating the 'doubting Thomases' in the biblical Noah time with the present day doubters, whom he claimed were not in tuned with the dangers facing small islands like Tobago because of competition with the coming of globalisation.

Charles argued that the problems facing Tobago "did not start today but had to do with the unequal relationship with Trinidad. It was the problem, which faced Tobago representative James Biggart in the 1920s and 1930s and APT James during the 1950s. "They all complained about the unsatisfactory nature of the relationship with Trinidad" he said.

AND

Charles
    , a former THA Chief Secretary said even when there were two Tobago representatives in the national Parliament representing the Party in Government, it made no difference[/B]. He said, "the only time when Tobago made a forward movement at a national parliamentary level was when ANR Robinson and Dr Winston Murray represented the DAC

WHICH LEAD TO THE

in the House of Representatives in 1976. "It was during that period that Tobago achieved the institution of the THA by their efforts in the House,

^^^^^^WE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN AN EVEN MORE WORST POSITION TODAY WITH OUT IT

" he added. The DAC leader noted, "Robinson and Murray were able to make inroads for Tobago in Parliament because they were not controlled by a Trinidad-based Party".

AND

Turning to the politics of the day, Charles noted that the "present administration is now getting $1.6B while we only got $300M but they [B]were not achieving what we did.
    " He further boasted that "it was my administration which took the Government to court to get increase funding for Tobago

and

this was what the PNM THA Administration was now benefiting from,

yet they are not delivering for the people of the island."
    Last edited by Links30; 03-30-2007 at 01:58 AM.

Links30
    These men stepped up to the plate against a giant and tried there very best to make things possible and i applaud them. ANR Robinson is my Hero and i look up to him, because these men had GUTS to force equality and justice for the betterment of the people.... Unlike these men today, who are worthless and would not stand up as a true warrior and fight for what you believe in..

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bago20 View Post

EVEN THOUGH.....

AND

Charles[/B], a former THA Chief Secretary said even when there were two Tobago representatives in the national Parliament representing the Party in Government, it made no difference[/B]. He said, "the only time when Tobago made a forward movement at a national parliamentary level was when ANR Robinson and Dr Winston Murray represented the DAC

WHICH LEAD TO THE

in the House of Representatives in 1976. "It was during that period that Tobago achieved the institution of the THA by their efforts in the House,

^^^^^^WE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN AN EVEN MORE WORST POSITION TODAY WITH OUT IT

" he added. The DAC leader noted, "Robinson and Murray were able to make inroads for Tobago in Parliament because they were not controlled by a Trinidad-based Party".

AND

Turning to the politics of the day, Charles noted that the "present administration is now getting $1.6B while we only got $300M but they [B]were not achieving what we did.
    " He further boasted that "it was my administration which took the Government to court to get increase funding for Tobago

and

this was what the PNM THA Administration was now benefiting from,

yet they are not delivering for the people of the island."
    hun i can read u know but when chief sec was affiliated with NAR a tobago bred party nutten nah gwan fuh we den eida

u soundin like u jus anti London for some other reason

whappen u went Compre when he was principal dey or wha?
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Links30
    [QUOTE=Taj;2457400]hun i can read u know but when chief sec was affiliated with NAR a tobago bred party nutten nah gwan fuh we den eida

u soundin like u jus anti London for some other reason

whappen u went Compre when he was principal dey or wha?[
    /QUOTE]

LOL, yeah that bastard failed me because he thought i use to cheat when i turned in my home work papers.

I have no beef with him, the beef i have is that more efforts and more pressure can be applied.....

They say they want better things but i dont see ppl working for it... And certain things have to change..

I can't wait god willing to be able to go home one day and run for office, so much shake up is going to happen you would swear your living in a tumbling drier...

Taj
    Credits

Links30
    Is wey you tinking now?

Credits

CHRISTIANITY is DEAD in TOBAGO if!

(1) Those 10 Preachers FAIL to MOBILIZE the Masses against Sir Elton.(a SYMBOLIC AGENT of White Ruling Class Cultural Imperialism)

(2) Those 10 Preachers FAIL to MOBILIZE the Masses against a GOVERNMENT that Has Laws on the Books that THEY REFUSE TO ENFORCE.

(3) If those 10 Preachers DONT SHUT DOWN CROWN POINT AIRPORT and BLOCKADE THAT GODDAMN FERRY..........

............Tobago will be know WORLDWIDE as Bullermanstan.
    Last edited by marabunta; 03-30-2007 at 06:42 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast