Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Myths about Introverts

LB
    Credits

10 Myths about Introverts

Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
    This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
    Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
    Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
    On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
    Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
    Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
    Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.
    Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
    Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
    Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
    Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    ....sometimes I wish imix had more introverts
    Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.

Credits
    i think it's all true lol..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    well now...lol
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Taj
    Credits
    ok

sharkie
    I hate small talk. Which must be why I don't really like to be friendly with neighbors. Stop talking to me about the weather!!

Credits
    Ms Bug....are you an introvert?
    Strum has a Grizzly Bear Rug in his living room.

It's not dead however...It's just SCARED TO MOVE.

Moi
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I hate small talk. Which must be why I don't really like to be friendly with neighbors. Stop talking to me about the weather!!
    lol

u kno at first i was like ppl stay talkin about weather. but i realize that the weather will always be a topic of conversation, especially here..

random ppl always comment to me about the weather.. not that they even want to start up a convo or anything, they jus commenting on how nice the weather becoming

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    lol

u kno at first i was like ppl stay talkin about weather. but i realize that the weather will always be a topic of conversation, especially here..

random ppl always comment to me about the weather.. not that they even want to start up a convo or anything, they jus commenting on how nice the weather becoming
    Ughhh! I've come up with things to do to not seem like a cat lady. If someone says something to me while I'm walking to my car all I do is smile. A very big smile that says, "I won't say words to continue this conversation, but I see you speaking"

I'm not sure they know I speak English.

Moi
    Credits
    Ughhh! I've come up with things to do to not seem like a cat lady. If someone says something to me while I'm walking to my car all I do is smile. A very big smile that says, "I won't say words to continue this conversation, but I see you speaking"

y u so

sometimes i do the head nod n smile

Credits

And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    I agree...as an introvert IRL.

LB
    Credits

@ Strum - in a word, yes.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    lol

lol i did realize is a up here thing

back home.... today rhel hot boy yuh will jus look at d person like Durrrrrrrrr

or it rainin rhel heavy
    welll... yuh kno is rainy season now rite

en ha too far yuh can go wid weather chat.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    lol i did realize is a up here thing

back home.... today rhel hot boy yuh will jus look at d person like Durrrrrrrrr

or it rainin rhel heavy
    welll... yuh kno is rainy season now rite

en ha too far yuh can go wid weather chat.
    every time i call my grandmother and my grandfather answers the phone (he's from the south)... he talks about the weather.. we have a three minute conversation about the weather.. it's most bizarre lol.. i feel like i zone out for those three minutes till he calls my grandmother to the phoen lol
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast