Thread: 10 Drinks Men should never order

Credits

10 Drinks Men should never order

No.10 A drink with a name you can't pronounce
    "A man should never order a drink he can't pronounce."

-McArthur Oscar Joseph, New York, New York

We agree wholeheartedly; if you're putting on airs by ordering something, you're likely to be found out. If you're the kind of guy who likes to try adventurous new drinks, good for you -- just figure out how to pronounce your order before you tell it to the bartender.

No.9 Malibu & Diet Coke
    -Peter Kirschenbaum, New Canaan, Connecticut

Malibu, as a rule, is a horrible beverage. Diet Coke, moreover, is a soda for weight-conscious administrative assistants. The two together are like a typhoon of emasculation. If you absolutely must, yes, have your girlfriend order it for you. It looks enough like a Cuba Libre to pass for decent at the table.

No.8 Fuzzy Navel
    -Adam Feldstein, New York, New York

Ah, peach Schnapps. You tortured us for one night in high school, and we never made the same mistake again. Do we need to repeat ourselves? Peach Schnapps: Not suitable for drinking after high school.

No.7 Non-martini "tini"
    Anything ending in "tini" that is not a martini.

-Guillaume Payette, Sorel, Quebec

A few years ago, the martini craze spawned an ungodly swarm of "tini" cocktails that have no business associating themselves with the classic beverage. Stick with the classic or avoid martini glasses altogether.

No.6 "What she's having."
    "'What she's having' is out of the question."

-Rob Picard, Tampa, Florida

Unless your date is having a Scotch on the rocks -- and if she is, you've probably found a keeper -- order your own thing

No.5 Whatever you want
    "Being a man is about doing what you want... Drink whatever (you) like... and don't give a thing about what others say."

-Vinoth Kumar Ramasamy, Bangalore, India

This is a valid point, despite the fact that it goes against the entire thrust of this list. There's a case to be made that a man truly comfortable with himself can sip whatever drink he pleases, all while wearing a pink shirt and driving shoes without socks. Most of us aren't that guy, but he's out there, and he's drinking a Bay Breeze. And liking it.

No.4 Sex on the Beach
    "Hands down the infamous Sex on the Beach. It's got the makings of the complete opposite of masculinity... Sex on the Beach? Just hearing that makes me wanna watch a football game and smack someone with a halibut."

-Daniel Kaar, Post, Texas

The favorite drink of over-served sorority girls the world over, Sex on the Beach has none of the associated pleasures of its namesake. Also, it's a gross color. If you must drink something along these lines, consider the slightly retro Tequila Sunrise -- although that's pushing your luck.

No.3 Any Alcopop
    "Any sort of clear malt beverage flavored like fruit is out of the question -- Bacardi Silver, Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc."

-Justin Zarr, Algonquin, Illinois

Alcoholic sodas are not only deeply unmanly, but they're for lazy people who can't even bother to mix their own drinks. In this age of brilliant mixology, these convenience-store travesties are even more inexcusable.

No.2 Appletini
    "'Here's your Appletini, lady.' Need I say more?"

-Stephen McCabe, Dublin, Ireland

If it ends in -tini, there's only one thing it's supposed to be. We don't care whether you make your martini with vodka or gin, just don't make it with Apple Pucker.

No.1 Cosmopolitan
    "Never, ever order a Cosmo."

-Patrick Held, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

We have respect for the Cosmo for having risen to the pinnacle of girls-night-out drinks, and we recognize that it is a fundamentally sound cocktail (in other words, it's not just made from a powder). But leave it to the ladies. Cosmos go down a little too easy for comfort. If you're looking for a reddish cocktail served in a martini glass, order yourself a Manhattan and toast yourself for being a man.

Read more: Top 10: Drinks Real Men Don't Order - AskMen

Credits
    i know dudes that drink some mentioned on the list.. one of my friends went to the bar and said " make a drink with a umbrella in it" we buss out laughing

Credits
    I only agree with one thing this person have, I will have what she's having you don't know the person shouldn't do it, but who has the right to say what is a female drink or not, not every one like to drink hard
    Greenz till I die ( Pantonic panorama 2011 for me )

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    Fortunately the women I drink with are harder drinkers than I. So its not problem saying "whatever shes having". I order cosmos all the time. Just kamikazes though lol

So this list is all about emasculating drinks. Ok, unless you hangout in the village, wear jeggings or lowrise 3/4 pants, and cross your legs when sitting then its perfectly fine to order an appletini. But there's also alot of bear chugging, jagerbomb drinking frathouse queens masking there downlow "curiousity" with uber manly drinks.
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Taj
    Credits
    imo a man could have any of those jus request it in a tumblr glass.
    that may spoil some of them but hey...
    Last edited by Taj; 02-23-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Credits
    Drinking if about having fun with your friends not a macho contest
    but when I use to drink heavy i use to tell the bartender to put my appletini or martini in a "MAN GLASS" which is the regular cups.

Credits
    Cant go wrong with a L.I.T or a simply a beer.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    I keep it simple at the bar.

rum, guiness or tequilla shot. All that other stuff is a waste of calories

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    I keep it simple at the bar.

rum, guiness or tequilla shot. All that other stuff is a waste of calories
    : so true
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel