Thread: 0: Remembering a Revolution - Clips from the Film

Credits

Thumbs up 70: Remembering a Revolution - Clips from the Film

Part 1, Friday, December 10, 2010, 8 pm, and Part 2, Saturday, December 11, 8 pm, also at 8 pm. Gayelle The Channel
    ========================

Last edited by Olokun; 12-11-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Credits
    Thanks much for that clip Olokun

I was privileged to have attended the Black Power Conference in UWI St Augustine a few months ago and it was really something to interatc with many of those persons who were the activists and even opponents back in 1970. There were some very interesting stories and papers including a very revealing story of Randolph Borroughs by Josanne Leonard who was a schoolgirl at the time but was very politically active even then. A colleague of mine and I are thinking of putting together a small book featuring the surviving NUFF guerillas. Do you or any Imixer know of any personally? I would like to interview them
    Create your own university; develop and encourage a culture of critical thinking and action

Gladiator
    Good thread

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananci_7 View Post

I was privileged to have attended the Black Power Conference in UWI St Augustine a few months ago and it was really something to interatc with many of those persons who were the activists and even opponents back in 1970. There were some very interesting stories and papers including a very revealing story of Randolph Borroughs by Josanne Leonard who was a schoolgirl at the time but was very politically active even then. A colleague of mine and I are thinking of putting together a small book featuring the surviving NUFF guerillas. Do you or any Imixer know of any personally? I would like to interview them
    PM me when you get a chance.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananci_7 View Post

yes she is a good fellow sando native. He father Winston was big part in the movement

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Olokun View Post
    yes she is a good fellow sando native. He father Winston was big part in the movement
    Yeah, and when Borroughs went after his family -- going so far as to carrying Josanne up to Lady Young lookout and threatening to shoot her and throw her off -- that practically broke his spirit. So many things about those times people should learn about.
    Create your own university; develop and encourage a culture of critical thinking and action

Credits
    Last edited by Olokun; 12-11-2010 at 08:13 PM.