Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: When I don't feel like running...

Credits

When I don't feel like running...

When I don't feel like running, I just walk really fast...like 13 min miles for an hour or so. I don't like going to the gym, unless it's for a fitness class, like Zumba, yoga, etc. However, I rarely workout indoors.

What about you?
    Make peace with yourself and then you can make peace with the world

Credits
    Threadmill in my basement. I sorely want to do an hour every day but its hard to me motivated after long days work. I currently get two/three days in per week. I used to be a gym rat but decided to make the investment, drop the gym subscription and haven't looked back since.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits
    Same here. I love to workout outdoors. It's therapeutic for me..clears my head. However, alot of times the weather is not good, it's too dark, no babysitter, etc Anywho, I think that I should invest in a treadmill.

What's a good price for a decent treadmill?

Credits
    If I don't feel like running outdoors but want a "mindless workout" my preference is ski machines and elliptical.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Catracha305 View Post
    Same here. I love to workout outdoors. It's therapeutic for me..clears my head. However, alot of times the weather is not good, it's too dark, no babysitter, etc Anywho, I think that I should invest in a treadmill.

What's a good price for a decent treadmill?
    get an eliptical..lol

yeah, check the spelling on that.

Ima street runner, no treadmill for me. too boring and not effective
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post
    get an eliptical..lol

yeah, check the spelling on that.

Ima street runner, no treadmill for me. too boring and not effective
    I agree on that. But if I had to be stuck on the treadmill, I do believe you could get an effective workout by putting the incline as high as it can go...and not as boring.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

LB
    Credits
    The weather has cooled off here and I'd be lying if I said my ass likes to be outside when its chilly. Biking was my thing this summer. loved it since we have a ton of trails around here but that is over now.

I slacked off but I do have an elliptical in one of the spare rooms, so I use that when I need to. I have a TV in there so I can watch a show/movie but still get something done.

I do have a gym membership which I use occasionally - its only 3 blocks away. I never use it in the summer but come winter time I use it more. I dont hate it, but I dont like the gym thing either. Here you have to wait til you cool off before going outside to your car otherwise you will get chills.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    The weather has cooled off here and I'd be lying if I said my ass likes to be outside when its chilly. Biking was my thing this summer. loved it since we have a ton of trails around here but that is over now.

I sacked off but I do have an elliptical in one of the spare rooms, so I use that when I need to. I have a TV in there so I can watch a show/movie but still get something done.

I do have a gym membership which I use occasionally - its only 3 blocks away. I never use it in the summer but come winter time I use it more. I dont hate it, but I dont like the gym thing either. Here you have to wait til you cool off before going outside to your car otherwise you will get chills.
    Uh uh!! Your best bet is run out the car and get in your house BEFORE you cool off otherwise you get catch w/ cold, wet sweat on your back!

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Uh uh!! Your best bet is run out the car and get in your house BEFORE you cool off otherwise you get catch w/ cold, wet sweat on your back!
    Is that the trick? Cause girl I can never figure out how to deal with it. lol

I hate showering there. Its a nice gym and super clean but since my house is just up the road, its seems like more effort than its worth. But I cant take the cold licking my hot skin when I step outside. lmao. I have a car starter so the car is nice and warm but getting to it......lawd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    Is that the trick? Cause girl I can never figure out how to deal with it. lol

I hate showering there. Its a nice gym and super clean but since my house is just up the road, its seems like more effort than its worth. But I cant take the cold licking my hot skin when I step outside. lmao. I have a car starter so the car is nice and warm but getting to it......lawd
    Yea, I'm a lil further than 3 blocks but still, only 5 min to get home so I'd rather shower in the comfort of home. When you're done, just grab your stuff while your heart still racing and be out. That's the trick when you run outside in the winter too...don't stop running till you reach your door...forget that cool down nonsense That's the problem I had with Black Girls Run in the winter. While I love the idea of waiting for everyone to finish...I go from heated and comfy to when the body cools and the wet clothes start feeling like pins piercing my skin!

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

LB
    Credits
    ahhh okay! Thanks.

I am gonna give that a try instead. Just keep it moving til your in your house is the motto for the winter!
    BacchanalDiva likes this.

Credits
    I agree on that. But if I had to be stuck on the treadmill, I do believe you could get an effective workout by putting the incline as high as it can go...and not as boring.
    That's exactly what I do when I get on the treadmill. Other than that, I just hate the machines. However, I need to give my legs a break...or maybe a need new shoes..idk

Credits
    Yea, I'm a lil further than 3 blocks but still, only 5 min to get home so I'd rather shower in the comfort of home. When you're done, just grab your stuff while your heart still racing and be out. That's the trick when you run outside in the winter too...don't stop running till you reach your door...forget that cool down nonsense That's the problem I had with Black Girls Run in the winter. While I love the idea of waiting for everyone to finish...I go from heated and comfy to when the body cools and the wet clothes start feeling like pins piercing my skin!
    I have heard about them. What are they about???

Credits
    I have heard about them. What are they about???
    National group with local chapters throughout the nation. Most chapters have their own FB group. Lots of good info, support and running partners. Dunno if you're in NY but the NY chapter is broken up into BK/Uptown & Harlem/Queens/etc with each group doing runs together couple times a week. BK runs together in Prospect Park twice a week and everyone does runs in Central Park other times. They just had a conference in Atlanta and the Jackets are adorable. http://www.blackgirlsrun.com/about-bgr/

Black girls run? Of course we do. In 2009, Toni Carey and Ashley Hicks created Black Girls RUN! in an effort to tackle the growing obesity epidemic in the African-American community and provide encouragement and resources to both new and veteran runners. The mission of Black Girls RUN! is to encourage African-American women to make fitness and healthy living a priority. According to the Centers for Disease Control, 80% of African-American women are overweight. BGR! wants to create a movement to lower that percentage and subsequently, lower the number of women with chronic diseases associated with an unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle.

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    When I don't feel like running, I just walk really fast...like 13 min miles for an hour or so. I don't like going to the gym, unless it's for a fitness class, like Zumba, yoga, etc. However, I rarely workout indoors.

What about you?
    i usually just grab my jump ropes for 15 - 30 min when i don't feel like running.

i can tell your military by the way with that 13 min mile talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast