Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Weight loss support thread

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Canalero View Post
    all in all each has to find thier way. Prince, my man my routine is just way more advanced than yours and we have different goals.

Me personally accompanied with a high protein diet
    I work on
    abs 30 minutes daily
    45 minutes of cardio daily
    1h hour to 2hours of wieght training daily

with a variety of excercise I cannot begin to express in one post.
    From 300, Hannibal, Tabeta, Circuit stations, supersets, all incorporated

My personal goal is to always push myself overcoming stages of plateaus and be riiiiiipppppeeeeeddddd. Weight nor size matters to me.

but tats just me as an ex athlete where fitness is a major component of lifestyle

to give u an idea of the fitness fureak you are adressing,
    this is the same man you see hitting 27 reps of 225, military pressing 315, doing leg raises with a 30lb dumbell between legs, sqautin 400 plus

Overtrain, I think not.

others no need to achieve the same goals as they only seek basic fitness

entirely different league ya dig.

LOL....Let me address a couple of responses here...Like i said 1 hour and 15 mins (Lets add another 15 for the talkers and slackers) is a sufficient amount of time for the body to receive a good workout, when your weight training or incorporating cardio along with it. I understand individuals levels of intensity; however if your in a gym pressing weights for 2-3 hours that's just a waste of time. You pointed out Basketball, Football, Swimming, and jump rope; neither one of these activities are weight training nor the body is not under the stress of WEIGHTS. These are all cardiovascular activities. People who are in a gym for 2 hours at a time is either distracted, talking on the phone, or moping around wondering which body part their going to train. That's already a no no...Main objective when you come to the gym is to get in and execute your workout and leave. Its either written down or in your head, best thing is to write it down. As for your Abs; Abs are a muscle correct me if i'm wrong. If you train a muscle everyday what will happen? No growth! main objective is Growth and Repair.....and remember REST. Nuff said on that...As for the Calorie intake, Notice i said average. You can read this on any nutrition fact....The Daily Value used on food labels base nutrient intake on a 2000 calorie per daily stat. I take in more due to muscle mass and my workout; so it’s based on size and mass and your workout. As for your Wednesday workout posted on here, i doubt that your super setting that whole routine and if so how much rest in btw sets or exercises? I'll invite you to anyone of the gyms i train at on a WEDNESDAY so i can youtube this for islandmix to see.
    Feel free to come anytime at Equinox 33 and park or John Jay College Fitness Center.

Now you’re absolutely right we are in different leagues...Now you can press 300 this and squat 400 that, but like i tell everyone who brags about their workout.......

When I'm in the Caribbean or on South beach with my shirt off, a woman is not going to ask you how much you can bench press. As long as you can bench press a woman in the bedroom is where that strength counts.....Catch me at a Carnival near you.
    Last edited by Prince 22; 05-06-2009 at 05:04 AM.

Credits
    u guys are at different levels.....

canalero might be trying for that ripped really cut look

while

Prince...u just maintaining fitness, six pack and tone

sorta like myself..i dont care about a six pack...i just dont want a big stomach....

i spend about 1.5-2 hrs in the gym....2 times a week for now, i work a 2 different muscles every day, incorporated with 30 mins cardio at the beginning, then 15-30 mins of more cardio after workout...either sprints or jump rope..

i also do push ups, lunges, and abs at home,
    diet is important as u all say, i do everything with water, eat no or very little fried foods, 1 slice bread every morning with peanut butter...protein for lunch and either cereal for dinner or a can of tuna!

so far have lost 14 pounds and counting

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince 22 View Post
    LOL....Let me address a couple of responses here...Like i said 1 hour and 15 mins (Lets add another 15 for the talkers and slackers) is a sufficient amount of time for the body to receive a good workout, when your weight training or incorporating cardio along with it. I understand individuals levels of intensity; however if your in a gym pressing weights for 2-3 hours that's just a waste of time.

I do not believe spending 2-3 hours strictly in the weight room alone.
    Again, my time is spent balancing a workout involving Cardio 45 minutes, abs 30 minutes and hour or so wieght training.

You pointed out Basketball, Football, Swimming, and jump rope; neither one of these activities are weight training nor the body is not under the stress of WEIGHTS.
    Again, Nearly an hour and half of my time is spent between cardio and abs

These are all cardiovascular activities. People who are in a gym for 2 hours at a time is either distracted, talking on the phone, or moping around wondering which body part their going to train.

I do not phuck around like others you see in the gym. DO NOT TALK TO ME OR WASTE MY TIME. My two plus hours in the gym is spent with headphones on constantly on the move.

That's already a no no...Main objective when you come to the gym is to get in and execute your workout and leave. Its either written down or in your head, best thing is to write it down.

WTF?! YOU REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHO U CHATTIN WITH

As for your Abs; Abs are a muscle correct me if i'm wrong. If you train a muscle everyday what will happen? No growth! main objective is Growth and Repair.....

Ya see, that is your simple incorrect view. The muscle fibers have different characteristics. You have fast twitch, slow twitch, some are higher in density fibers than others. You will fail when you treat every muscle the same. Each must be trained differently. You do not train you abs like you train you biceps. Again I told you traps, abs and calves are so dense one can work out such muscle groups daily. Daily workouts is dependant upon how you work out as well.

and remember REST. Nuff said on that...As for the Calorie intake, Notice i said average. You can read this on any nutrition fact....The Daily Value used on food labels base nutrient intake on a 2000 calorie per daily stat. I take in more due to muscle mass and my workout; so it’s based on size and mass and your workout.

Different philosophy. I do not take in more calorie intake. Instead I increase my protien to build muscle fiber, decrease energy, increase burn out of energy

that eqautes to increased lean mean muscle mass, low body fat %

As for your Wednesday workout posted on here, i doubt that your super setting that whole routine and if so how much rest in btw sets or exercises? I'll invite you to anyone of the gyms i train at on a WEDNESDAY so i can youtube this for islandmix to see.
    I do not rest between supersets, In fact I jump rope between my sets. Trust anybody who tries to hang with me throws up and quits. So don't even think....

Feel free to come anytime at Equinox 33 and park or John Jay College Fitness Center.
    Where da phuck is tat. I am not in Brooklyn

Now you’re absolutely right we are in different leagues...Now you can press 300 this and squat 400 that, but like i tell everyone who brags about their workout.......

When I'm in the Caribbean or on South beach with my shirt off, a woman is not going to ask you how much you can bench press. As long as you can bench press a woman in the bedroom is where that strength counts.....Catch me at a Carnival near you.

Trust we have the same philosophy on that one. Like I told you again, and again, Weight and strength does not matter. AS TO WHY MY GOAL IS TO BE RIPPPPPPED and be cardiovascular fit with an 8 pack. NOT A 6, an 8!
    And trust buddy looking at that avatar you no wear close as to what I am achieving.
    I am not built like no cannon ball, top heavy, muscle thick underneath a thick coat of body fat.

LEAN AND MEAN is my theme.

The point I was making to you is that you are not addressing someone who rinkidinks, bulsh!ts in the gym and comes only when it gets warm

see responses above
    My tones may come across harsh but I do not play when it comes opinions on fitness.

I must thank you for your post yesterday.

You pissed me off and motivated my cardio portion of my work out last night.
    (it takes only a bit of sh!t talking to get my ramped up)

When it comes to me you really do not know. The same from me to you.

That said back to giving others incorrect, inconsistent advice.
    Last edited by Canalero; 05-06-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Credits
    Since we comparing Fitness Philosophies

If I was your trainer

My General Philosophy for Women:

Cardio, Cardio, Cardio
    Cannot get enough
    Ideally: daily to minimum 5 days a week

The majority of strentgh training involves training the lower body
    Lunges, Sqautes, Leg Press, Leg Extension, Leg Curls, Calf Raises.

Abs:
    A variety of ab excercises daily

Diet:
    Ideally, low carbs, seafood, poultry and limitless amount of fruit and vegetables to control hunger
    Fluids, No sugar Drinks, all water.

My General Philosophy for Men:

Cardio:
    30 - 45 minutes daily

Abs:
    A variety of ab excercises daily involving heavy resistence training daily

Diet:
    Ideally, NO carbs, seafood, poultry and limitless amount of fruit and vegetables to control hunger
    Increase grams of Protien intake to body weight
    example, you wiegh 170 increase protien intake to 170 grams

Fluids, Absolutely No sugar Drinks, all water. PLENTY WATER

Strength training:
    List is endless. Impossible to include in a post.
    Basically, incoporate numerous methods throughout the week

Credits
    Since we comparing Fitness Philosophies

If I was your trainer

My General Philosophy for Women:

Cardio, Cardio, Cardio
    Cannot get enough
    Ideally: daily to minimum 5 days a week

The majority of strentgh training involves training the lower body
    Lunges, Sqautes, Leg Press, Leg Extension, Leg Curls, Calf Raises.

Abs:
    A variety of ab excercises daily

Diet:
    Ideally, low carbs, seafood, poultry and limitless amount of fruit and vegetables to control hunger
    Fluids, No sugar Drinks, all water.

My General Philosophy for Men:

Cardio:
    30 - 45 minutes daily

Abs:
    A variety of ab excercises daily involving heavy resistence training daily

Diet:
    Ideally, NO carbs, seafood, poultry and limitless amount of fruit and vegetables to control hunger
    Increase grams of Protien intake to body weight
    example, you wiegh 170 increase protien intake to 170 grams

Fluids, Absolutely No sugar Drinks, all water. PLENTY WATER

Strength training:
    List is endless. Impossible to include in a post.
    Basically, incoporate numerous methods throughout the week

I think women should incorporate upper body work also. Nobody wants firm lower body, while you got yuh turkey wings (tricep) flapping in the wind.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I think women should incorporate upper body work also. Nobody wants firm lower body, while you got yuh turkey wings (tricep) flapping in the wind.
    I agree with this! Lighter weights with more reps will tone, but you don't end up bulky...my arms are now nicely defined, and I got that way mostly from doing push-ups...but I do spend just as much time lifting weights to work my arms, chest, back just like my quads, calves and legs.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    Notice I said Majority.

Most of a woman's natural strength and muscle mass is in her legs. Therefore to increase her BMR, I recommend mostly leg workouts.

In addition, many other women complain about "not wanting to look like a man" so I tend to train more lower body.

In regards to your turkey wing comment, I intrepret that you are referring to flabby triceps. Cardio, diet, increased BMR will eliminate body fat. Having excess body fat on top of strong tricep and you still gonna have "turkey wings flappin"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by triniprincess76 View Post
    I agree with this! Lighter weights with more reps will tone, but you don't end up bulky...my arms are now nicely defined, and I got that way mostly from doing push-ups...but I do spend just as much time lifting weights to work my arms, chest, back just like my quads, calves and legs.
    even better.

Credits
    In regards to your turkey wing comment, I intrepret that you are referring to flabby triceps. Cardio, diet, increased BMR will eliminate body fat. Having excess body fat on top of strong tricep and you still gonna have "turkey wings flappin"
    Yes...it will eliminate body fat, but the woman who has lost weight usually ends up with loose skin...lifting weights definitely help in that area.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by triniprincess76 View Post
    Yes...it will eliminate body fat, but the woman who has lost weight usually ends up with loose skin...lifting weights definitely help in that area.

Yup.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    what's going on people? I'm seeing progress..... I have to get some suits tailored cause they getting loose and starting to look like I wearing my mom's clothes... lol.... I'm happy though. Got 15lbs to go...... my diet is mainly high protein, low carb. I eat a lot of green leafy veggies and lots of water. I've cut down some more on sugar intake....never really consumed that much to beging with.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    so I've lost 13lbs since the start of this thread!!
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits

Tips

Hello friends ,
    The tips for lose weight as
    Walking is one of the easiest ways to add exercise to your weight loss plan.

Find out how many calories you burn in walking and other activity, and how many you should be eating for weight loss or weight maintenance.

Just keep in mind and work as and you will get the result....

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718